Wednesday

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I will no doubt watch it unless it gets terrible reviews!

Christina Ricci's in it too but I guess they're keeping her part a secret (gender-swapping Cousin It?)

CaptainWacky

How does The Thing hear.

CaptainWacky

*TFW you're preemptively including Jenna Ortega on your Top Tens because you know you'll be obsessed with her when this show starts lol*

CaptainWacky

I watched the first episode and...it was disappointingly dull. No real visual style, no wit, no charm. Every character a cliche; the "freaks and weirdos" at the school are just all dull tv high schoolers, there's two potential foppy hair boy love interests already. Gomez and Morticia had no chemistry in their brief screentime. The CGI monster at the end was terrible. Just completely flat other than Jenna Ortega doing her best as Wednesday (but she didn't have much to work with. Even Christina Ricci's character was dull. I'll watch some more just because I feel a loyalty to Jenna already(!) but I don't have high hopes.

CaptainWacky

I've watched a few more and it's a bit better. I mean I still find the YA teen detective/cheap Hogwarts stuff a bit disappointing, but I guess that's just what the show is. Jenna Ortega is really good and has some fun stuff, like the dance scene in whatever episode that was. The roommate character has grown on me a bit and The Thing is fun. Seems pretty obvious Ricci's character is going to be the killer otherwise why cast her as someone so bland...

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the first episode and it was fine. I wasn't super gripped but it was stylish enough. Jenna Ortega is carrying it pretty hard but that's not a massive surprise. Really don't have that many thoughts on it right now until I watch some more.

CaptainWacky

After the first episode I thought I might not watch the whole season, but I've liked it more as I've gone on. Jenna is definitely the main draw but I'm not hating the rest of it, even though I wish they hadn't gone for the knock-off Hogwarts setting.

Ishcabittle

i thought it was pretty cute. then my wife watched one without me and i lost interest.