Welcome Wordforge posters

The Question

Eternal
Yep. Wrodfrodge, at this point, has fully descended into angry, violent self-parody.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
They could call it "Trigger Fox"

The Question

Eternal
They need a "Ministry Of Truth" forum.

And while they're at it, they should add "Wrongthink" as a bannable offense in their rules. I mean... it already is, and has been for years... but they should make it official and make it a written, rather than an unwritten, rule. :D

The Question

Eternal
At this point, they're akin to lab specimens which have gone very... very... wrong. In a properly controlled and secured setting, they'd be shaved, sterilized, and euthanized. All very clean, all very humane. Alas, they're not in such a setting, and the best we can do is hope that the mental contagion they're afflicted with eventually causes them to... self-correct.

:cool:

The Question

Eternal
To crackpot-fringe leftists, the paradigm is simple, much like the people who adhere to it:

If you're on the right, speech = violence.
If you're on the left, violence = speech.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Analcalgon has, apparently, seriously opened a thread, asking the Hive Mind if it's OK for him to like Al Franken.

jack

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
Analcalgon has, apparently, seriously opened a thread, asking the Hive Mind if it's OK for him to like Al Franken.
That is a fascinating thread. Because Franken is a HERO OF THE PROGRESSIVE CAUSE, apparently it's okay that he's a fuckhead and can be forgiven for doing things that would get a conservative tarred and feathered. But it's not an echo chamber. No sir. Not one.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
That is a fascinating thread. Because Franken is a HERO OF THE PROGRESSIVE CAUSE, apparently it's okay that he's a fuckhead and can be forgiven for doing things that would get a conservative tarred and feathered. But it's not an echo chamber. No sir. Not one.
To be honest, I think Franken got a raw deal. As someone who's spent a lot of time in military settings and was in the 2nd Gulf War, I know what it's like, sitting around with a lot of time on your hands, bored, but also stressed out by everything that's going on around you. You clown around and blow off steam. Over in my scrapbook is a photo from school of a couple friends, sitting in the back of a 5 ton. One of them had fallen asleep so the other guy put his arm around him like he was copping a feel while puckering up like he was going to smooch him on the cheek. It was harmless jackassery to blow off steam. This is basically what Franken did (as I understand it).

That said, I think he's a turd and a horrible and dishonest person and should not be deciding on US laws, so kind of like Al Capone getting convicted for tax evasion, I wasn't going to leap to his defense when everyone wanted his head. The other analogy would be Nolan/Bale Batman in the first movie: "I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you either," just before jumping off an impending trainwreck.

[EDIT: Besides, it is natural for the Left to devour their own. It's really our last best hope. When they get what they want, they move farther left and they cut out liberals who aren't Liberal enough. Back in the Day, HenryHill and DanLeach were the looney left and these days they'd look downright conservative there. Back when Oerdin first started posting, I named him LietLite and I suspect if you asked anyone at Wordforge about him today, they'd tell you he is a MAGA Trumper.]

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, I think at this point it's too late to Make America Great Again; at this point, I think the best we can hope for is to throw the brakes on the fucking Crazy Train before it entirely jumps the track and flies into Thermonuclear Ravine. Just so while we watch the mushroom clouds blooming, we can at least tell ourselves we tried.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I still like how Amaris/Johnny Boy has suddenly become a gun expert.
I am simultaneously intrigued and horrified. I'm curious, but not curious enough to actually spend time and effort searching for posts over there.

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
[EDIT: Besides, it is natural for the Left to devour their own. It's really our last best hope. When they get what they want, they move farther left and they cut out liberals who aren't Liberal enough.]
Yup. Same pattern every time.

jack

I don't know about liking him. I remember him for these things among others:

Improving Health Care- Sen. Franken's provision in the 2010 health reform law requires insurance companies to spend at least 80 percent of premiums on actual health care-not administrative costs, marketing, CEO salaries, or profits. If insurers don't meet the requirement, they must rebate the difference. The measure has already sent billions of dollars in rebates to millions of consumers across the country, and it's helped address the rising cost of premiums for families and businesses alike. The idea came from the state of Minnesota, and Sen. Franken made it a money-saving national health policy.

Reforming Wall Street- In the wake of 2008's devastating financial meltdown that destroyed millions of jobs and stole trillions of dollars from Americans' savings and retirement plans, Sen. Franken's bipartisan provision to reform Wall Street credit rating agencies became law. It is designed to help prevent future meltdowns by ending a dangerous conflict of interest that let the credit rating agencies to give Triple-A ratings to investments they knew were "junk." When the house of cards the industry helped build came down, millions of unwitting investors and retirees who relied on those ratings were hurt.

Modernizing U.S. Farm Policy- With one-in-five Minnesota jobs related to agriculture, Sen. Franken knows how critically important the industry is to our state's economy. That's why he helped write the 2014 Farm Bill. He helped author the bill's energy section to expand use of renewable energies, and to help farmers and rural small businesses make their operations more energy efficient. During the Farm Bill debate, Sen. Franken worked to strengthen a provision to help new and beginning farmers and ranchers get their operations off the ground. Sen. Franken also led the fight to preserve the nation's sugar program, which supports thousands of Minnesota jobs.

Improving Mental Health in Schools- After hearing from Minnesota parents, education leaders, and mental health experts about how important mental health services are to schools and to improving the lives of students and their families, Sen. Franken helped successfully push for millions of dollars for schools in Minnesota and across the country. The work was based on in his own Mental Health in Schools Act.

Training Minnesota Workers for 21st Century Jobs- With employers in Minnesota and across the country unable to fill millions of high-demand jobs because they can't find workers with the right training, Sen. Franken has worked with educators, businesses and students across the state to address this "skills gap." Sen. Franken helped pass into law a major workforce development bill in 2014 that encourages the creation of partnerships between businesses and schools similar to provisions in Sen. Franken's Community College to Career Fund Act.

Preserving Americans' Privacy- Sen. Franken has been a leading voice in the Senate to protect Americans' privacy as technology continues to quickly advance. Sen. Franken has worked to ensure that consumers control the information being collected about them, including sensitive information found in mobile device records and electronic medical records. His Location Protection Privacy Act would ban so-called "stalking apps" that reveal citizens' private location information without their consent.