Welcome Wordforge posters

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer
LOL, blast from the past. EFCL. Friend I grew up with (Worf4121 - who introduced me to TBBS) was one of the founders and hit me up as I was an Int Poli Econ major and we discussed and hashed out parts of their ‘constitution’ that actually came to be.

We both thought it was so important at the time. Fucking, LOL!!!!
I might have actually been a mod at EFCL or Terran. I can't remember which was which anymore. I remember traffic started dying here and I went over to one of them and started doing news stories for their front page. I'm pretty sure that was Terran but it might have been EFCL.

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
What the hell happened to Terran anyway? I never did get the story on why that folded.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
What the hell happened to Terran anyway? I never did get the story on why that folded.

I feel like after coming back from Iraq (so late ‘07) it was basically just Santaman and then when I checked again a few years later it was just gone.

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer
Yeah, I went back and looked at the wayback archive. It was Terran that I was writing reviews and spoiler news for. I forget why I stopped. Maybe the board just went dead? At some point I guess I dumped it for Wordforge though. My gut feeling is that traffic at Terran just died and the last guy left just stopped paying the bill. I remember one of their posters was a girl named Hope who used to post here too. She'd probably know what happened.

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer
I'm looking at the wayback archive now.... Looks like Terran probably had leadership problems. The board maybe even lost it's domain name for awhile? I don't know. It seems fine in 2003. But then in 2005 it's like a domain-parking webpage. Then in 2008 it's back, but without the old database? Then in 2009 it's gone for good?

The forum says it had 600 members in 2003, then 200 members in 2008 (which is why I assume they lost the old database.) So they were definitely losing members. It also seems like there was never more than a few people online at the time. So I would guess people got board, they couldn't hang on to traffic, and several bad server/domain changes killed what little traffic was holding on. There were probably like 3 people left when somebody stopped paying the bill. That's my guess.

StarMan™

I'm looking at the wayback archive now.... Looks like Terran probably had leadership problems. The board maybe even lost it's domain name for awhile? I don't know. It seems fine in 2003. But then in 2005 it's like a domain-parking webpage. Then in 2008 it's back, but without the old database? Then in 2009 it's gone for good?

The forum says it had 600 members in 2003, then 200 members in 2008 (which is why I assume they lost the old database.) So they were definitely losing members. It also seems like there was never more than a few people online at the time. So I would guess people got board, they couldn't hang on to traffic, and several bad server/domain changes killed what little traffic was holding on. There were probably like 3 people left when somebody stopped paying the bill. That's my guess.

This archive might be of some value:

TerranBBS

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
Who even ran that place anyway? I don't remember.

Santaman right?

Also, IIRC Terran didn’t really have a good mission/reason for existence. My memory is that it was founded when some MISCers got upset that spam thread posts would no longer go towards post counts/rank and so made another MISC where all posts didn’t go towards post counts/rank…?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I recognize some of those names....not sure from where though.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Santaman right?

Also, IIRC Terran didn’t really have a good mission/reason for existence. My memory is that it was founded when some MISCers got upset that spam thread posts would no longer go towards post counts/rank and so made another MISC where all posts didn’t go towards post counts/rank…?
I think that sounds right, it's been too many years.

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer
Santaman right?

The truth is that everyone had their own little subcommunity on TrekBBS. Terran started off as Trek Talk, just another Ezboard, same as TK. If I recall, even Lisa (TrekBBS Admin at the time) was running her own little BBS somewhere, some website devoted to Janeway or some shit.

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer
I recognize some of those names....not sure from where though.
They use to post here. YuW was YuWanker here, going all the way back to the ezboard days. PhoenixHope was EvilHope here (or something like that.) Both were regulars.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
There's a house along one of the routes I walk my dog where a retarded kid lives. Most days he's standing out in his backyard, shouting nonstop incomprehensible gibberish at the top of his lungs the entire time.

Whoops. Wrong thread.

StarMan™

The truth is that everyone had their own little subcommunity on TrekBBS. Terran started off as Trek Talk, just another Ezboard, same as TK. If I recall, even Lisa (TrekBBS Admin at the time) was running her own little BBS somewhere, some website devoted to Janeway or some shit.

jteam.png

Those were the peak Voyager-bashing days.

The Question

Eternal
There's a house along one of the routes I walk my dog where a retarded kid lives. Most days he's standing out in his backyard, shouting nonstop incomprehensible gibberish at the top of his lungs the entire time.

Whoops. Wrong thread.
You sure? I think you just described WF perfectly.