What game are you playing on a Nintendo console at the moment?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't need to look on tumblr to know that "damp socks" and "candy-coated rocks" are lesbian code words.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle!

CaptainWacky

I can't wait to feed Kirby.

CaptainWacky

I wish I was Kirby.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Kirby leads the life that the rest of the Nintendo characters envy.

CaptainWacky

It's not out yet.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
All the others are available. I'll play one of those then. Never played Kirby before.

I'm playing Oddworld on the switch as we speak.

Switch is pretty awesome. For $50 you get the entire NES, SNES and N64 libraries plus a couple free trials a month.

Havent played Animal Crossing yet but might buy it soon.

CaptainWacky

"I've got something for ya!"

CaptainWacky

I'm only about three hours in (just got to control the other team on their own for the first time) and like it so far. I do hope it lets me off the rails soon and I can just explore because the areas seem huge and it looks like there's plenty of random side quests to find in the open world.

Voice acting is good so far ("Lanz wants something meatier" has been heard 34 times) but I'm disappointed the Nopon just sounds like a normal guy. Rikki ruled.

SAUSAGEMAN

i'm like 12 hours and it's still very much "oh this cutscene is preventing me from exploring? hm ok". also still constantly unlocking new mechanics, i've gotten like three new menus in the last two hours.

i love the plot and the acting and the characters and the combat system.... video games are good again.

CaptainWacky

Yeah it's very much CUTSCENE, WALK A BIT, TUTORIAL but I'm enjoying it.

I am finding all the information a bit overwhelming. Like it forced me to switch everyone's classes to get used to that mechanic and I'm not even used to them as their starting classes yet! But I feel like I'd be missing out to ignore this feature?

There was a cutscene where Eunie called Lanz a "muppet" which implies that muppets canonically exist in the Xenoblade universe, because how else would that insult have come about?

SAUSAGEMAN

They only force you to switch classes until you reach literally the next objective!

And sure Xenoblade 2 and 3 take place on Future Earth.

CaptainWacky

Yeah I'm free to switch back, I just wonder if I should keep them switched up because I'll regret it 20 hours later if I don't?

CaptainWacky

Oh no Ethel's trying to kill me.

CaptainWacky

I like how it encourages exploration with the husks, containers and supply drops visible in the distance. Finding a new landmark and getting that fanfare and the EXP makes wandering off the path feel worthwhile too. Also want to find all the colonies to free them from clock fascism.

Took a brief Xenobreak to check out the new Mario Kart DLC. I like how you have to drive through the train tunnel now.