What would have made Star Trek: Voyager work?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Or they could have used seven of nine much better and have her keep trying to assimilate stuff when nobody was looking, like a hostage to Janeway.
I've just imagined Seven trying to assimilate a replicator for the thirtieth time:
Tuvok: hey, Seven, whatcha doing there?
Seven: Me? Oh, nothing, absolutely nothing. Err, tried to get a coffee, uh yeah. I'll be on my merry way, then. Bye!
Tuvok: sigh

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
They should have a disabled Puerto Rican as first mate.

They could have tackled issues such as disabled access to the bridge and when they visit new planets they could have also raised equality of opportunity as a key tenet of the Federation.

Or they could have killed about half the cast.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ep 04x12: The Lame Directive

After three weeks of negotiations, Janeway finally strikes a deal with the Borg. Voyager will help drive Species 8472 back into fluidic space if the Borg agree to abide by Federation health and safety regulations and pledge to end nanoprobe harassment in the workplace.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Tuvok should have stayed a psycho after melding with Wormtongue.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
They should have morphed the crew into a firefly like atmosphere where looser attitudes prevail and some sever compromises are made. Maybe jane way pulls some questionable stunts for the sake of the crew and when the series wraps they make it back and she has to defend it.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
They should have a disabled Puerto Rican as first mate.

They could have tackled issues such as disabled access to the bridge and when they visit new planets they could have also raised equality of opportunity as a key tenet of the Federation.

Yeah right, they won't even show a gay couple on one of the good Treks(TNG).

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Every time Janeway said "To hell with the Prime Directive, we need to get home!" the whole crew should've started to kick her in the head saying "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT ABOUT THE FUCKING OCOMPANS YOU BITCH THEY'RE A SHITTY SPECIES ANYWAY"

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Janeway should've unleashed her inner dominatrix, insisting that the crew wear PVC or leather uniforms at all times and that Tuvok should crawl onto the bridge every morning with her riding atop as Ensign Kim is dragged along by some bondage rope tied round his nuts.

Chakotay would be incarcerated in a slightly oversized birdcage hanging from the ceiling. Long dead, his body has been slowly pulverised over the years as the cage has swung too and fro, hitting bulkheads as the ship shook from repeated alien attacks.

B'elanna Turtlehead is down in dungeoneering, barking orders and laying down justice at the end of a whip. After happening on a discovery during a week long tantric sex session that Talaxian sperm is a more efficient fuel source than deuterium, Kneelix has been chained to the warp core, being "milked" once an hour on the hour by the sadistic EMH (who sports an eyepatch for reasons that are left a complete mystery).

Appropriately enough, the most deviant acts take place in Sickbay, where Kes is held captive; a sex object reserved for use only by the most important visiting dignitaries/paedophiles. Tom 'da pimp' Paris holds watch, when he's not holding his joystick on the bridge.

Just a few thoughts.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
If they had cast anyone other than Robert Beltran as Chakotay...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
MR. T!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I actually found Janeway hot in 'Living Witness' when she was wearing the dominatrix glove. Kind of.

WillsZenith

a treat for missmanners
it went wrong when they made the borg pussies that even a stick with shit on the end could stop them...

it went wrong when they made the hirogen pussies...

it went wrong when they made the species 8472 pussies...