Why aren't we allowed to threaten Bush's life...

C

Cloudy

on trekbbs?

I mean do they seriously think the FBI is monitoring them and would take the stupid ravings of opinionated Star trek fans seriously?

Blade

TK addict
Cloudscum said:
on trekbbs?

I mean do they seriously think the FBI is monitoring them and would take the stupid ravings of opinionated Star trek fans seriously?

Absolutely.

Peter Octavian

Actually, according USC Title 18 it's illegal to make written or verbal threats against any president, whether currently seated or not.

So, that could prove to be a sticky situation, bearing in mind just how gung-ho our government is in these times.

Besides, doesn't it ruffle your hippie sensibilities to make threats of violence against "one of god's creatures" regardless of how despicable he or she might be?

C

Cloudy

Not when he's an insane, idiotic, ignorant fascist.

anyway i'm not threatning him, just curious why all the mods there are so terrified of being investigated by the FBI/CIA/MIB...

I mean, come on, it's a star trek fan forum, not alqueada.com

Number_6

beer, I want beer

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Cloudscum said:
Not when he's an insane, idiotic, ignorant fascist.

anyway i'm not threatning him, just curious why all the mods there are so terrified of being investigated by the FBI/CIA/MIB...

I mean, come on, it's a star trek fan forum, not alqueada.com

You sound like a fucking moron, you know that?

Go read up on fascism. Real, historical sources, not MoveOn.org.

Come back when you're not so fucking ignorant.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee

Number_6

beer, I want beer
I forgot about Arcadia. I always associate it with Pasadena, not L.A. But it is closer phonetically to whatever the misspelling of Al Queda was.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Utahraptor said:
Isn't Alqueada a suburb of Los Angeles?

I used to go dancing there.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Number_6 said:
I forgot about Arcadia. I always associate it with Pasadena, not L.A. But it is closer phonetically to whatever the misspelling of Al Queda was.

It's all the L.A./ Valley to me. :)

C

Cloudy

No6, chill... 8)

I started this thread as a semi-jokey inquiry as to why the tbbs mods were so paranoid, not as a serious debate on the merits of the Bush administration.

why you get so worked up about a brief, flippant comment? (especially on THIS board)

If you must know, my stance is usually very pro-US on International policies (although I still dislike Bush - a lot - I know he's not really a fascist :roll: )

and I meant Al qaida, not Pasadena, or whatever ;)

speck

i was looking over the patriot act and the way it was turned permanent, and it's contrast to the Bill of Rights.

did anyone else catch that?

Number_6

beer, I want beer
^^Welcome to TrollKingdom. I'm the one who tells you you're an ass when you say something stupid and extreme.

JonathonWally

Skin is my daddy
i never understood the wishing his dead thing myself, I'm not fan of the guy, but i don't want him dead, just out of office.

And yes, governemt agencies read the internet. They scan your email too

C

Cloudy

JonathonWally said:
And yes, governemt agencies read the internet. They scan your email too

yes but would they really take the mad ravings of trek nuts seriously, if one said they hoped Bush would die, as oppose to genuine Islamic extremist websites?

aren't bonz and co being overly-paranoid? maybe not, I don't know...just wondered...

JonathonWally

Skin is my daddy
Cloudscum said:
aren't bonz and co being overly-paranoid? maybe not, I don't know...just wondered...

well, I think it's just a precaution they're taking to make sure the server doesn't get confiscated or impounded, it is afterall, on US soil

Number_6

beer, I want beer
The thing is, enough people hate TrekBBS to actually point the FBI their way.

And the fact of the matter is that making a threat against the life of the president is illegal.