Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windows 7

Ishcabittle

fucking rocks. media center is completely functional, plays every media type across to the xbox, boots quicker, you can change your screen resolution from the desktop right click again etc. etc. etc.

anyway, it's good. i'm glad i installed it.

i have the beta, 7000 build. all of my shit still works, steam, orb media streaming to the iphone, fallout, and especially windows media center. my digital tv tuner is actually usable for more than two channels.

hey, i was one of those guys... vista sp1 changed my opinion of "crappy" vista, it was finally stable enough to go for and i found there were less maintenance bullshits than XP. 7 torches vista so far, and it's the fucking beta.

interesting though how many vista drivers are still beta. funky.

fucking rocks. media center is completely functional, plays every media type across to the xbox, boots quicker, you can change your screen resolution from the desktop right click again etc. etc. etc.

anyway, it's good. i'm glad i installed it.

You installed a BETA proggy as your OS? Fuck, but you are a moron.

hey, i was one of those guys... vista sp1 changed my opinion of "crappy" vista, it was finally stable enough to go for and i found there were less maintenance bullshits than XP. 7 torches vista so far, and it's the fucking beta.

interesting though how many vista drivers are still beta. funky.

You dumb shit, 7 IS Vista.

I never had any problems with Vista, but I did skip right from the beta to SP1 when I got a computer that came with it, since piracy is WRONG.

i think i can afford to reinstall if something goes wrong - my pc is only one of six running computers in my house. plus i'm liking that 7MC actually has teh correct TV data in the guide.

Just like LEAF Linux IS Ubuntu, right?

You are suggesting that UBUNTU is in fact NOT Linux? You are an even greater moron than I had first believed.

Understand this everyone, Windows 7 IS Windows Vista. The majority of the changes are cosmetic. Same kernel, therefore same OS. Just as in Linux, Ubuntu uses the same kernel.

Is this place usually populated with such morons all the time?

As you can see, they manage to be vastly different operating systems, despite sharing the same kernel. Is there any parallel you can see there to something else in this thread?

You are suggesting that UBUNTU is in fact NOT Linux? You are an even greater moron than I had first believed.

Understand this everyone, Windows 7 IS Windows Vista. The majority of the changes are cosmetic. Same kernel, therefore same OS. Just as in Linux, Ubuntu uses the same kernel.

Mac OS X uses the Unix kernal, yet it is not Unix.
Fail.

millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

UBUNTU

Optimised Kernel

The Linux kernel is world-renowned for its superb efficiency and its capacity to be configured to match particular requirements. Ubuntu Server Edition includes a specially configured kernel to match the requirements of all common workloads typically found on a server so that you get the most out of your hardware while maintaining optimal power consumption. Whether you will be running on Intel, AMD or Sun Sparc processors in 32 or 64 bit modes, our engineers have worked closely with the hardware manufacturers in order to ensure optimisation for the specific architectures, right up to the most recent ones at the time of release.

Why "Windows 7"? The number is based on Microsoft's internal operating system numbers: the first version of Windows NT, 3.1, was given the same number as the "Classic" Windows when it was released in 1992. Since then there has been NT 4, Windows 2000 (NT 5), Windows XP (NT 5.1), and Windows Vista (NT 6). You can check these numbers by typing "ver" at a command prompt on any of these operating systems.

Steven Sinofsky revealed that Windows 7 will be closely related to Windows Vista. Quotes: “Windows Vista was about improving those things. We are going to build on the success and the strength of the Windows Server 2008 kernel, and that has all of this work that you've been talking about. The key there is that the kernel in Windows Server 08 is an evolution of the kernel in Windows Vista, and then Windows 7 will be a further evolution of that kernel as well.

pwned-18345.jpg

This should teach you morons not to argue with me about things you know nothing. I have known forever that the current OS kernel in Vista can be traced all the way back to Windows NT. You all did not. Are you all dumb enough to believe that Microsoft simply starts from scratch to create another OS? That is utterly idiotic, not to mention prohibitively expensive.

What a fucking group of MORONS.