Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windows 7

Lucifer: You're a fucking moron and you've had the intellectual shit beaten out of you from all angles in this thread.

Shut the fuck up before I track you down and beat you with a dirty lead pipe, you mewling sack of shit.

doubtful. eggs, can we get a weigh-in here? how often do you use linux (any distro will do, just so we can get a sense)?
Beats the packing peanuts outta me. If I've used it, I wasn't aware of it. When it comes to OSs other than the two marquee names, I'm a little deaf girl. But a pretty one.

Using Linux is like eating with chopsticks. Only idiots keep doing it after they've seen someone use a fork.

hhk593fxpn8inphtvljy.png

Mac OS X uses the Darwin UNIX kernel, version 9.6.0. Leopard, OS X 10.5, is certified as Open Brand 03 registered UNIX product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_UNIX_Specification#Mac_OS_X_and_Mac_OS_X_Server

So, in essence, being wrong about this one thing invalidates anything else you have to say about kernels, versioning, computers, operating systems, or anything really.

Oh, so I can then run any Unix, or Linux program on Max OSX, yes? Alrighty then. Now, since many of you claim the same thing for Windows, I daresay I can take Unix and Linux programs, and they shall work interchangeably between the Mac OS and the Windows OS, yes?

I absolutely abhor stupidity.

Is not 'Darwin' open to the public? As such, why is Mac OSX an PROPRIETARY OS? Why the difference if they are both the same?

Oh, so I can then run any Unix, or Linux program on Max OSX, yes? Alrighty then. Now, since many of you claim the same thing for Windows, I daresay I can take Unix and Linux programs, and they shall work interchangeably between the Mac OS and the Windows OS, yes?

Is not 'Darwin' open to the public? As such, why is Mac OSX an PROPRIETARY OS? Why the difference if they are both the same?

"Spark plugs work in Fords! Spark plugs work in Chevrolets! Therefore, Fords are Chevrolets!" You're a fucking retard. The kernel is a PART. It is NOT THE WHOLE OS.

"Spark plugs work in Fords! Spark plugs work in Chevrolets! Therefore, Fords are Chevrolets!" You're a fucking retard. The kernel is a PART. It is NOT THE WHOLE OS.

Take out the kernel, and what do you have? Millions of lines of useless code, you moron.

You're dodging the point. You previously posted that OS X is in no way similar to Unix. I've proved that OSX is running Unix, certified Unix in fact. So yes, I can run any Unix or Linux program on my Macbook running Leopard. Where are you getting Windows with this?

Darwin is open to the public. You can build it from source and install it on your computer. OSX is built on the Darwin foundation, but there is much, much more to it. Thus, leveraging the additions they've made to the Darwin core, they feel like they can charge for it. That's about the only difference.

You're dodging the point. You previously posted that OS X is in no way similar to Unix. I've proved that OSX is running Unix, certified Unix in fact. So yes, I can run any Unix or Linux program on my Macbook running Leopard. Where are you getting Windows with this?

Darwin is open to the public. You can build it from source and install it on your computer. OSX is built on the Darwin foundation, but there is much, much more to it. Thus, leveraging the additions they've made to the Darwin core, they feel like they can charge for it. That's about the only difference.

PWNed. If MAC OS X is indeed Unix-based, then I should be able to run any Unix or Linux program on it. Alright, I shall go out right now and purchase an Mac, along with some Unix/Linux software.

Take out the kernel, and what do you have? Millions of lines of useless code, you moron.

That's like saying that if you take the engine out of a car, what's left isn't a car anymore. Seriously, shut the fuck up. Your level of ignorance is just offensive. And not entertainingly offensive like what we all come here for, either.

PWNed. If MAC OS X is indeed Unix-based, then I should be able to run any Unix or Linux program on it. Alright, I shall go out right now and purchase an Mac, along with some Unix/Linux software.

Isn't that what I said? Macs can run Unix software. There, I said it again. I'm so pwned.