Cat hasn't talked yet...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'LL WATCH IT.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Shipka-BOOM!

I remember when she was about 12 and was on Inside The Actor's Studio with the rest of the cast. They brought her out for only one segment because they were discussing the adult nature of the show the rest of the time, and she said that her parents hadn't allowed her to watch the show yet. I THINK SHE'S SEEN IT BY NOW.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
This looks great.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It looks so fun!

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Kiernan Shipka is coming along nicely.

CaptainWacky

T O M O R R O W

CaptainWacky

Mad props for using 'Devil Woman' by Cliff Richard on the soundtrack.

Love Child

One Love
Shipka-BOOM!

I remember when she was about 12 and was on Inside The Actor's Studio with the rest of the cast. They brought her out for only one segment because they were discussing the adult nature of the show the rest of the time, and she said that her parents hadn't allowed her to watch the show yet. I THINK SHE'S SEEN IT BY NOW.

I thought that was Mad Men. I'm so confused!

I will watch this show. Looks great, plus I like the actress!

CaptainWacky

I am enjoying it so far. First episode was the weakest because they stuffed a lot in and it possibly takes a while to get used to the tone of the show (remember it's based on a comic book) but it gets better the more dark magic stuff they introduce.

Love Child

One Love
I am watching the first episode now......I am at the part where she gets out of the bath in the middle of the woods
and then
spiders.
Ugh.
LOL.

CaptainWacky

It's a very good looking tv show.

CaptainWacky

Thoughts on the first season!

I liked it. I can see how not everyone would because it's a stylised show. There's nothing really natural about the acting or the characters, but that's on purpose. And really it was still less silly than Riverdale. It wasn't perfect or anything: Harvey was a pretty dull character throughout and the only way we buy Sabrina caring about him is if we think of it as silly teen love. And there's some story points I didn't like too much: the trial episode kind of dragged and the dream demon episode felt a bit like that Buffy episode where they were all trapped in the house. But yeah it's a lot of fun on the whole! It has a kind of weird tone where at times it feels like a show for kids but then it's pretty gory and adult in other ways so kids wouldn't be able to watch it so who is it aimed at really? The answer is probably people like me who enjoy this kind of tone!

Kiernan Shipka is excellent because at first she plays Sabrina like the hero of a teen adventure series (like say the original Sabirna) but that's contrasted with the crazy fucked-up stuff she does and once she's doing evil magic stuff she's pretty scary (she fucking slit a girl's throat! Melissa Joan Hart never did that!) And she's cuter as all get out. Michelle Gomez was surprisingly quite subdued, I'd have like to see her going all out crazy evil. Of the supporting cast I thought Miranda Otto stole the show. She was great. I liked Prudence (the mean girl) a lot too, the episode where she was going to be eaten was possibly my favorite (up there with the throat slitting episode anyway.) The whole thing with Rose from Lost having "the cunning" in a really obvious Shining rip-off was weird but I guess it was supposed to be campy.

I will certainly watch season two with my human eyes and continue to bump this thread in an attempt to get other people to comment.

Last edited:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
...she slits a girl's throat?

Love Child

One Love
Yes, it is freaking awesome. Almost a Vampire Diaries feel for that moment.

I fear over commenting.

I have enjoyed watching this show and will continue to watch. I don't like how Sabrina confides in the teacher who is planning her demise. : (

There are some wierd things about her going to 2 schools and her friends and timelines.

Awww fuck. I just looked at what episode I am on-I am in the middle of episode 10, I guess that is the last one for the season?! When will the new one be on?! OMG it will be back to watching The 100 for me then. I am still on Season 4.