DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Woke up around 4:30 due to a combination of a thunderstorm, The Dog's reaction to said thunderstorm, and being thirsty/having to pee/having gas. Eventually edged back to sleep. That's a recipe for a dream. Dreamt someone was doing a TV news story on the 'Rona and the riots. There was some protest march but because of social distancing the organizers were issuing numbers like in a marathon. And one group had all 2, 3, 4 numbers except for 1 who had to wait because he was 115. Then the dream somehow jumped to me and my "partner" who was indistinct and generally female had some kind of treasure map to Blackbeard's treasure. So we're looking out the window of a hotel(?) at the building we need to explore next. People are coming off their shift (dockworkers? deckhands? was it the Port Authority?) and HOLY SHIT, ONE OF THEM IS BLACKBEARD. I mean, he's dressed a bit like Mr. T in "The A-Team" or a rodeo clown, but it's this big guy with a do-rag and a big curly black beard and an evil face. I'm like "I'm out. I'll face the curse of Blackbeard's treasure but not if the curse involves Blackbeard himself. Let him have it." (It never occurred to me that it could just be someone who looks like Blackbeard.)

I grabbed my dog and got the eff outta Dodge. But my partner wasn't deterred and she convinced me we should at least "check the front desk." I left the room in such a hurry I didn't even grab the dog's leash, so we rummaged around on the ground and found an old broken leash, which was kind of pointless because we immediately tucked the dog into some kind of closet/storage room. The front desk wasn't any help and was intentionally snobby to us so she starts shadowing...Blackbeard? I don't know. At this point I'm out so I'm intentionally walking slow and hoping to lose her when some...truck driver?...offers to give me a lift or otherwise help me keep up. But then I remember my dog and have to go back to get her from the closet. At this point the truck driver has become Rodney Dangerfield everyone's view of him is blocked by...traffic? a parade? Well when things clear up the car we thought he was at drives away and we see he's got this broken down junker Columbo car. And that's about when I woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Woke up around 3:30 and once I finally got back to sleep I spent the rest of the night dreaming I couldn't get back to sleep. So I feel *great* right now [/sarcasm]. When I finally was asleep again, I was dreaming I was in some kind of college housing with my brother. One day he'd moved all my stuff around (and it was a mix of stuff I haven't had for over 10 years and stuff I got last year). He said it was because there was a problem with the pipes. Next I'm trying to go to bed but my bed is missing. Because now my Dad is here too and he decided he wanted to sleep on my bed. As the dream went on there were more odd roommates and my Dad just couldn't get comfortable so he kept switching between a beat-up old recliner and my bed. One time when he went back to the recliner I was thinking about stealing my bed back for good, but geez, he's my Dad. And having been dead from cancer for 20 years, I probably should cut him some slack (of course that wasn't in-dream. Dead people are almost always not dead and it makes perfect sense). So anyway, at this point my friend, Penn, from Penn & Teller (or maybe Roger Ebert, from Siskell & Ebert--who was also not dead) said Teller/Siskell (also not dead) was out of town, so I was welcome to come hang out with him. Since his place is pretty cool and much more comfortable and quiet than the crowded crazy place me and my brother were in, I came over to hang out. I don't think I got to take a nap, but that's OK. I wasn't getting any sleep at my place.

When I finally woke up for real, I slept through at least 2 snooze alarms without even being aware of them. Finally just went "seems late," looked at the clock, and realized it was about 15 minutes past when I'd ordinarily get up. I know I had a few mini-dreams during that time, but I don't remember them.

whisky

Boobie inspector
My mum and dad was in a dream last night watching fireworks from the window, he even lifted her up so she could see better. Was nice to see them both again.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I've mostly given up talking politics on this board, but last night I had a fairly short, very coherent political dream so here goes:

I'm in a room with Hillary Clinton. (I think I was an informant or something.) She takes a call from someone who's blackmailing her or something and she gives him an address to go to to get what he wants. Only the address has an alarm and an armed response and she knows he'll be killed if he goes there. She's on her way out the door to do whatever is next on her nefarious plan when the undercover agent is coming in to arrest her and I give him some kind of wink or sign that it's her and that there's enough evidence to arrest her.