I miss my Blue Room Thread...

The Question

Eternal
Hanging on to lost youth. We'd probably be out egging houses and drinking cheap beer all weekend if our bodies could handle it or if we were still considered juveniles in the eyes of the law.

This is the only version of Tir Na Nog we've got.

The Question

Eternal
Kind of a related note, I guess... Eggs, I'm not trolling (in this specific post) but it really seems like you've fallen out of love with TK. If you want or feel like you really need a break, tag me in for your staff position. I know you probably think I'll abuse it, but I give you my word that I won't. I don't give my word lightly, and again, I'm absolutely not trolling with this post. You just seem really unhappy lately and as bonkers as it sounds, I genuinely want to help if you want a vacation from being a mod. I know you expect shenanigans, so check with Menty. He knows the behind-the-scenes me is not the same as the in-front-of-the-cameras-here me.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm not unhappy -- my question was sincere. The reality is that this place stopped being TK a long time ago, and we've just been in limbo waiting for it to become whatever it's going to become next. Meanwhile, we're stuck with "Troll" in the name, and when a new wave of trolling/bickering surfaces (however benign or nostalgic), it just means more work for me while we're still in limbo.

Perhaps we should change the name to Godot Kingdom.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh, and BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAaaaaaa, thanks for the giggle.

The Question

Eternal
The place is still TK. Like it or lump it, that isn't gonna change. It started as a place for us trolls and miscreants and malcontents. You can like it or leap, but there you are and there you is. And your 'bwhahaha' aside, I was being sincere. If you don't wanna be a moderator of a troll board no more, I'll do it. But this is still a troll board. That's what's on the door, that's what's in all our souls, so don't go thinkin' you're gonna change what this place is. We are the rebels and nonconformists. We are always gonna be the rebels and nonconformists. Nobody can change that. Don't be a cucumber. :p

Last edited:

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Jesus. 15 years of the exact same shit. The same insults, the same adolsecent troll comments...how is this still worthwhile for any of you?

I think it's like when the old guys drink coffee and read the paper in McDonald's.

It's just what you do. Day in, day out.

Hey wait, wasn't that an insulting adolescent troll comment?

Grab a small senior discount coffee. I'll scoot over.

Here's the op/ed.

The Question

Eternal
Barney Miller FTW. And then follow it up with Night Court and you got a fine evening of geezertainment.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Nothing to be done.

One of my digital subchannels (Retro) has classic "Dr. Who" that I've been binging on for the past couple years after going decades without. Then there's "MST3K," black & white episodes of "Gunsmoke," and "The Tonight Show, with Johnny Carson." Got to see David Letterman's first stand-up routine and a 39 year old George Carlin. Bob Hope is on all the time and the interviews are so much more organic--a lot of the time they aren't even pimping anything. And it's so trippy to see Johnny smoking at his desk during the interviews.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Eggs, this place is what it is. While it is true that most of us have outgrown the whole "trolling" schtick I don't think we're going to be reinventing the wheel here anytime soon. For my part, it's just kind of fun to engage in some hopefully amusing banter with nicks/people I've sort of known for a decade and a half. Sooner or later message boards will probably disappear entirely, so we should enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, I do sort of enjoy poking fun at Turdforge from afar, but no harm meant. They're mostly good people and it's nice to see the upstairs rooms here populated for a change. They need to vent about stuff, this is a good place to do it without a lot of hassle from the outside. Win/Win.

The Question

Eternal
Message boards are in fact a dying phenomenon. But this one, at least, deserves the dignity of not jumping the shark before the lights go out. It's a board for trolling and free speech. Let us, please gods, not disrespect it by turning it into a church social before it dies.

Trollkingdom became the Legendary Troll Kingdom by being the wild west. Let's respect that spirit, can't we?

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Message boards are in fact a dying phenomenon. But this one, at least, deserves the dignity of not jumping the shark before the lights go out. It's a board for trolling and free speech. Let us, please gods, not disrespect it by turning it into a church social before it dies.

Trollkingdom became the Legendary Troll Kingdom by being the wild west. Let's respect that spirit, can't we?

Until I can't log on.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's not like the structure of the place or the basic rules are any different. There's nothing stopping any (legal) free speech or trolling of other places or individuals.

Just don't turn it inward at the board, don't break the board with hackery or floodery, don't post anyone's RL info that isn't already made public on the board, and don't make credible legal or physical threats at anyone, and no one will give a crap what you do. Oh, and keep the trollier/nastier stuff in the upper forums.

That's about it, really -- otherwise have a blast. It's still the wild west, but maybe with a traffic light in the center of town.

The Question

Eternal
That's why all my threats are ridiculous. If I said I wanted to track you down and beat you with an emu, that's obviously not credible. Where would I even get an emu? Not like they sell live emus at Costco.

Probably.

I mean... I'm pretty sure they don't...

The Question

Eternal
What about a Mammy-Nun?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Blerg. Quit my terrible job at the beginning of December. Between an ongoing cold, an ongoing bout of crappy weather, catching up on house projects, and monkeying about with my pets, I've managed to get out a couple resumes but time has flown past.

Today is another bout of crappy weather--cold and grey and miserable with a howling wind--so my choice of projects are: deep clean the house like I haven't had time to do in years, go through and organize all the closets, and send off resumes.

I rationalized that it is midweek so I'll get the job search going next Monday (What? I know it is the 1st of the month so that would be another good starting point, shut up!) And cleaning the house is more unpleasant. Besides, I can take organizing in baby steps. There's the linen closet in the bathroom and the coat closet in the mud room. Once I get some momentum, I can tackle the more involved spaces like the bedrooms, the kitchen and [wince] the garage.

But after cleaning out two shelves in the linen closet I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I should get a bucket and a sponge and start scrubbing walls...

Or I could just head down to the local titty bar and make sure my cousin isn't dancing... ;)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I have a friend I describe as "retarded William Shatner." Because I'm a horrible, horrible person. And talking to him on the phone is like talking to a retarded William Shatner. Just long...

....hesitant.....

...pauses.

His superpower is calling at the most inconvenient time and he usually calls when he's driving somewhere and is bored. Look, man, I guess it's a good idea for a way to stay awake, but I've got things to do besides keep you company for a 9 hour drive.

I have a plum tree so I make a lot of stuff with plums--like Bubba in "Forrest Gump" with his shrimp. Everyone used to get a couple jars of plum preserves. I'd take them down to my UPS store, wince at the cost to ship them, and send them off. This year I did wine too. Luckily my UPS store guy has a sideline wine shipping business so he's able to do it on the up-and-up. Sent off 3 packages--4 bottles of wine in one, and a bottle of wine and a jar of preserves in the other 2--one of which went to Retarded Shatner.

Pretty soon I get a text: DID YOU SEND ME A PACKAGE THAT SAID "WINE" ON THE OUTSIDE!? So I'm wondering if I committed some terrible sin and he's now an alcoholic or something and I've gotten him in trouble. As far as I could tell, no, I did not. But he proceeds to wail and moan about how impossible it is going to be for him to get this package (it has to be signed for). This goes on over days with texts and phone calls about how terrible UPS is and how impossible it is for him to receive wine at work or take time off during business hours (he's salaried) to pick it up at the distribution center. So eventually it comes back to me. So now I've got to go pick it up, rewrap it, and try to ship it off some other way. Or just forget it as too much hassle. But I shouldn't. As much as the guy drives me nuts, he's been a good friend for years. Anyway, the point is that I sent out 3 packages. The only thing I heard about the other 2 was an e-mail from UPS saying "your package has been delivered."

He's also been calling me and for some reason my phone has been missing the calls. He tells me he's getting a weird ringtone and problems with the voicemail. So I power-cycle the phone and then call someone. Works fine. I have her call me back. Works fine. I suppose I could have tested the voicemail, but I don't care enough right now. It seems fine.

Well today I'm just getting out of the shower and getting ready to wind down with "The Big Bang Theory" and I realize the phone, on the charger in the other room, is ringing. Retarded Shatner. Fuck. I guess I need to pick it up.

Once we've gotten done talking about the weird phone thing, it turns out he's called to tell me he's been watching DC tv shows on Netflix--Arrow and Flash and Iron Man and that one about a girl who turns into a cheetah and some other animals. With....

...lots.....

...of...

...long...pauses.

And yawning. For some reason, as he's telling me about all the stupid things about Arrow and his adventures with other DC hero, Iron Man, he's yawning all the time. Gee thanks for really upping the energy and taking the dead air between words to whole new levels. As he wraps up telling me how stupid Arrow is and how I should definitely watch it I just decide to be a dick and cut him short because this is actually one of the newer Big Bang Theory episodes that I haven't seen yet and truth be told. I'd much rather watch that than listen to someone haltingly tell me about a super hero show between yawns.