In Which I Cause WF To Strangle Itself TO DEATH.

Chuckles51

They really don’t need a reason to ban anybody, it’s like a board full of condo board/home owner association presidents, they just look for any excuse to exercise their authoritah!!!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter

Knight Templar

Chup didn’t commit suicide.

I had always heard suicide or sleep apnea and the latter seemed unlikelyas El Chup (Barry Weir) was a guy of medium height and not overweight (he sent me a picture of himself with his former fiancée that he got all up in arms for someone suggesting had been a terrorist given her Iranian background).

Oerdin

His mom said he died in his sleep due to sleep apnea. I do know there was a charity account on the funeral home’s web site which was raising money for mental illness.

Knight Templar

His mom said he died in his sleep due to sleep apnea. I do know there was a charity account on the funeral home’s web site which was raising money for mental illness.

How is sleep apnea related to mental illness?

Still it was regrettable. At times we were almost friends though I never forgot or forgave him for starting a high defamatory thread that was deliberately designed so it would pop up in any kind of google search of my name.

He was that kind of person. He wanted to hurt people he didn't like not only online but in real life.

At Wordforge it is my understanding that ed629 (don't remember his real name) is the same way.

Oerdin

I always kinda went with "brain tumor," given the evidence.

He did kind of go off the year or so before he died and I always thought it strange his family asked for donations for mental illness (I donated but kept it anonymous) but his mother said he died of sleep apnea. It is a public record and one could look up the cause of death but I decided not to do so. If it was suicide clearly the family didn’t want it know. Loon burger, who posted as Appleton and a private board many wordforgers posted at, also supposedly just died by falling but five. His previous mental health issues I always suspect suicide. Clearly his family didn’t want questions ask so I never checked even though a copy of a death certificate is public record and easily obtained via a nominal fee.

The Question

Eternal
I don't understand any of their reasoning. Of course I didn't even understand why they banned me either though I'll admit that I rritated the hell out of people over there.

They probably blamed me for El Chup committing suicide.

Wait, what? It was suicide, now? I didn't think the man had the moral compass for that.

The Question

Eternal
Still it was regrettable.

Hate me for saying this if you want, but: No, it wasn't regrettable. Everybody dies, so no one person's exit is in any way exceptional or particularly worthy of note.

Leveling him off, then, as being no better or worse than anybody else just by virtue of having died, dude was a fucking dick. On purpose. With full knowledge that he was being a fucking dick just to hurt other people.

So fuck him, glad he's fucking gone.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
You don't actually *need* to *cause* WF to strangle itself to death. It's doing that just fine on its own. Apparently Flashlight has now been permabanned.

Knight Templar

You don't actually *need* to *cause* WF to strangle itself to death. It's doing that just fine on its own. Apparently Flashlight has now been permabanned.

Who actually runs things at Wordforge anyway? Do they have any kind of endgame actually planned?

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
If that many...

The Question

Eternal

Yeah, I know. It's just fun to see if I can hasten the process along a little by laying that "paranoia will destroy ya" factor into it. :)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. So he's definitely been permabanned. Apparently for "racism." And according to Diacanu, his "racism" consisted of pointing out that looting and burning down a Target store isn't a particularly constructive way to protest police brutality: https://wordforge.net/index.php?posts/3246030/

So yeah, it's totally off the rails over there. Zombie's probably next in the next few days. [bergman] (Did Eggs ever fix the smilies here? I'm too lazy to check.)

Knight Templar

I could be way off here, and I could have the timing all wrong, but it seems to me that the waves of bannings at the TrekBBS and Worldforge......have tended to be when new Star Trek series were being produced!.

Seriously, for me personally (and I know I wasn't the only one), I was banned from the TrekBBS while Enterprise was still not yet two seasons old IIRC. And I was banned from Wordforge during Discovery's second season with the first season of Picard looming. It came also after I was harshly critical of AbramsTrek.

And lots of the slamming on both boards I received was due to my criticisms of Enterprise and Discovery (aside from the political disagreements).

I could be all wrong but there seemed to be an attitude at both the TrekBBS and Wordforge of

"These are Star Trek boards. You can be a conservative and everyone can hate you, but at least support the damned shows!". It seems at wordforge that much of shootERs anger at me stemmed from my criticisms of Star Trek in Media Central.

The Question

Eternal
OK. So he's definitely been permabanned. Apparently for "racism." And according to Diacanu, his "racism" consisted of pointing out that looting and burning down a Target store isn't a particularly constructive way to protest police brutality: https://wordforge.net/index.php?posts/3246030/

So yeah, it's totally off the rails over there. Zombie's probably next in the next few days. [bergman] (Did Eggs ever fix the smilies here? I'm too lazy to check.)

Sooooo... I clicked the link and went looking. Flashlight didn't say one fuckin' word about race. He was talking about how the T.N.B. (my word there, not his) wasn't doing jack shit toward any constructive, reformationist purpose, and hoping for law and order to be reestablished.

The only way that's "racist" is if you yourself, (Dickynoo and his Fellow Travelers at WF in this case) hold to the patently racist belief that minority communities are inherently incapable of behaving in a civilized and lawful fashion, in which case restoring law and order to those communities is "oppression."