Legion

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I can find those things annoying, but I think with the character being the way he is it made sense to pile it all on to the point of sensory overload for the first episode. It put us inside his (crazy) head. I think the ending where he had to be assured that things were really happening showed that we could trust what we were seeing from now on and I'm sure we'll get more exposition from the mysterious old woman next week.

If in like episode six or something they say "actually, he was still in the mental hospital ALL ALONG" then I'll be angry.

Dershocka

dershocka
I finally got around to watching it.
I liked it, I thought it was quite interesting, and well done. Legion in the comics (Or what I know of him) was an extremely powerful mutant who's mental powers made him nuts. I wasn't too confused by the narrative. I thought they captured what it would be like to be a powerful telepath/telekinietic who's been told his whole post puberty life he was crazy.

My only question now is, with his power being what it is why didn't Professor X come looking for him? And, is he Professor X's son like in the comics? Will we see any X-Men cameos? I think his powerful mind is what makes his memories so strong, that's why he's unable to descern between the past, and present. To his untrained mind, it just seems like hallucinations, Much like the voices.

I think the weird fat guy is the Shadow King.

What if Audrey Plaza's character isn't actually dead, but was just absorbed into his psyche?

CaptainWacky

I'd absorb her into MY psyche.

CaptainWacky

So, did he really know Aubrey Plaza before they were in the mental hospital together, or did he just edit her into his memories in place of another drug addict? It seems weird that a mental hospital would let two people who used to do drugs together hang out.

I continue to enjoy the visuals and the editing and the closing credits were cool!

I hope Syd isn't imaginery because that would be a bit obvious? (And she's cute.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He was the one eating the Twizzlers in the druggie flashback, so maybe she wasn't really there and it was someone else. WHO KNOWS? This show is crazy.

I loved when he escaped the MRI machine... but who was the Carry Carry was talking to?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
He was the one eating the Twizzlers in the druggie flashback, so maybe she wasn't really there and it was someone else. WHO KNOWS? This show is crazy.

I loved when he escaped the MRI machine... but who was the Carry Carry was talking to?
Maybe Cary's power is the ability to duplicate himself. And all his clones are named Cary.

CaptainWacky

Well, Carry seemed to take girl Karry (I don't know if these spelling are correct) into his body at the start. So that was weird!

I enjoyed the episode. Even though it was another trip inside David's mind it was different enough from last week's.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Every time this show is over I can only think WOW or OMG. lol

David's mind is so weird, and they are doing a really great job showing it.

CaptainWacky

I liked the scene where Syd was talking about wanking in his body.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I would!

CaptainWacky

Problematic!

Dershocka

dershocka
Once David learns how to use his powers imagine all the freaky mutant mental sex things he, and Syd will do. Psychic sex, body swapping, psychic orgies with the Black guy with memory powers, and the disembodied consciousness of Lenny. All while the weird fat guy watches.

CaptainWacky

I thought the latest episode was the best yet. It continued to be really weird, but in a way that moved the plot along and paid off a lot of the earlier weirdness. I PREDICTED that he didn't really know Aubrey Plaza before the hospital and had been editing his memories. I like Kerry and how she enjoys fighting people and hope she isn't dead! Aubrey Plaza is really good at acting evil.

Dershocka

dershocka
This series has definitely started off on the right foot. I guess now it's obvious that creepy fat guy has been using Aubrey Plaza as a disguise to manipulate David. I hope Kerry isn't dead either. She's delightfully annoying.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
This show is better than any xmen movie I've seen, IMO.

CaptainWacky

Even X-Men Origins: Wolverine!?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They should just name all the movies Wolverine!