Legion

Dershocka

dershocka
I'm still wondering when, or if any X-Men will show up. There's also the question of which movie timeline they're in. As smart as the shows been so far, maybe they'll just avoid the X-men movie timeline quagmire altogether. But the fact they can't see his dad's face in his memories may still lead to the possibility he's Professor X's kid. But is it Macavoy, or Stewart?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well it seems to be set in the seventies, so it would be MacAvoy. But I think I read that they won't have any X-Men characters at all (except David.)

Dershocka

dershocka
It just keeps getting better and better. Apparently it is the Shadow King that's been in David's mind just as I thought. It can't be a coincidence he was called "king" in his dog persona/illusion. And, David being adopted makes it a high possiblity that he is Xavier's illegitimate son. I kinda hate the next episode is the standard "everyone's trapped in an illusion" episode, but I'm sure it won't disappoint. Maybe they can get weird tracker guy to join their ranks when it's all said and done.

I was thinking as this episode started "My gosh Sydney is a gorgeous woman." Then they show her ass, which confirmed it. Hopefully it wasn't a body double. Either way, nice ass, whoever it belongs to. That Indian chick is a real looker too. Aubrey Plaza was looking quite exquisite as well.

If only DC could take a page out of how Marvel does it's TV shows. Hell, if only they would follow their formula for movie making imagine how much good they could be.

CaptainWacky

Evil Aubrey Plaza is fucking terrifying. Dan Stevens singing is pretty scary too.

The silent sequence was fun (Kerry just popping out of Cary holding a bat with nails in it and nobody acting like it was unusual was great.)

I'll admit I have no idea what happened at the end (I guess Syd took them to a safe place in her mind...somehow?) but I'm sure it'll make sense next week!

Dershocka

dershocka
I suspect either David took them to a safe place. That, or now that the evil has control of David (mostly) he's trapped them all in a delusion in the hopes of possessing them as well. Maybe will be able to somehow pull the dude out of his astral prison to help him free everybody.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Even the curly haired weirdo dude is trapped with them!

CaptainWacky

"I met your husband. He lives in an ice cube?"

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I hope that if he rescues her husband he doesn't get to play a bunch of that weird jazz.

CaptainWacky

That's was one of the best "everyone's in a mental hospital" episodes ever! Earlier in the season I thought that the character work could be a weak point but all the characters have gotten better and better every week and I think every actor was perfectly cast. That opening scene with them all taking to doctor Aubrey Plaza (and holy fuck is she great in this role) proved it! In another show the stuff between Cary and Kerry could come across really creepy but it's really charming and innocent here. The one kind of weak link still is Melanie though since there hasn't been much to her other than wanting to get her husband back. Hopefully she gets more to do soon. I wonder if she has some kind of time stopping/slowing power or if she was only able to see things that way because of Cary taking her out of her body?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's sad Cary and Kerry had to separate when went to pee and when they slept (in David's mental thing)!

Dershocka

dershocka
I really enjoyed this last episode as well. I figured there was a chance that astral plane dude would come to the rescue. But why would Kerry rescue Syd before he would his cute little body buddy? I guess she's more pivotal to their escape. I'm sure he'll show up in the Nick of time to save his other half before creepstain does anything to her.

Also, the tidbit about David's real Dad trying to hide him from the weird fat guy seemed like a strong hint that David's dad was a telepath as well. In other words, I think it's Professor X. I hope so. In the comics one of Professor X's first encounters with another mutant was the Shadow King. He defeated him on the astral plane, causing Shadow King to lose his physical form. This leaves Shadow King trapped in the astral plane where he would occasionally bedevil, and possess(!) other Telepaths who ventured there.

That Audrey Plaza dance sequence was steamy. She's never been sexier than she has on this show. I hope this series has a long life span.

CaptainWacky

I think they'll keep alluding to his dad and maybe reveal more about his powers (maybe even mention "HE CAN'T WALK") but never actually name him as Charles Xavier.

CaptainWacky

OMFG. That silent movie/Bolero sequence was one of the best things I've seen in a tv show. Like, ever? The show just keeps getting better and looking sounding more amazing every week.

It's funny how this episode actually had a lot of exposition in the front half, almost as if they were making sure the viewer could follow the plot. Yet it was all so well done (that animated sequence!) that it never felt like they were spoon-feeding the audience.

Most overt Charles Xavier references yet with the wheel of his wheelchair appearing in David's flashback, David drawing his father as a bald man and Dan Stevens doing a pretty good Patrick Stewart impression when talking like his dad.

Aubrey Plaza still scary as fuck.

Syd looked good in those glasses.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was awesome! I loved the silent movie stuff. Aubry Plaza with crazy hair and an evil face!

Dershocka

dershocka
An amazing episode. This show blows me away. Its controlled chaos of the highest order. It hits on so many themes yet transitions between things so seamlessly, and its visually amazing. It's definitely head and shoulders above other Superhero/comic book shows. Hell, it's as good as any show out there. Each episode just gets better.

I keep getting Blown away by Aubrey Plaza. She has been fantastic. I'm sad we've only got one more week. I hope there will be a season 2. I haven't even read anything on ratings. Hopefully it'll be back.

CaptainWacky

It already got renewed for season two.

Remember when people used to say Aubrey Plaza always plays the same character in everything? Here she plays multiple characters in every episode.

CaptainWacky

The finale was surprisingly straightforward, narratively speaking. For this show, anyway! Not saying it wasn't good, just not at the mind-blowing levels of last week.

It was good that the burned guy got some background. It does make sense that people would be terrified of David considering what he can do.

Oliver seems like an excellent choice for the Shadow King's new host and I'm expecting him to be equally scary and amusing next season.

I hope everyone saw the post credit scene where David was abducted by aliens.

Dershocka

dershocka
I missed the Damn post credits scene! It definitely seems like the finale could've been squeezed into last episode. But, I can understand why they took it to establish the backstory to the burnt guy. It also made for a nice bookend to the season. They done a good job of establishing him as a supporting player for next season.

I see Melanie taking a more Magneto-esque role in the next season as David tries to cooperate with Division 3. But, after hearing, and reading about this abduction scene who the hell really knows what's going to happen. Which is a good thing, of course.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
What's happening space captain?

Breathe was a great choice of song.

I'm glad they're keeping Aubrey Plaza as the main face of the Shadow King. It's gonna be lots of fun next season, and I CANNOT WAIT.

What the heck? I'm glad I watched all the credits!

CaptainWacky

Yeah they're definitely hinting that Melanie has Magneto-like beliefs and Ptonomy is always really quick to shoot people...I predict David, Syd and maybe Cary/Kerry breaking away from them.