Runaways

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yep another thread about a comic book movie or tv show (this one's a tv show.) If you think there's too many you can start a thread on a subject that interests you!

Dershocka

dershocka
I'm just disappointed its on hulu. If its half as good as the original run of comics it'll be worth watching. I'm not tired of all the superhero/comic shows. Its went beyond what I could ever imagine.

CaptainWacky

I'm sure I'll be downloading it!

Dershocka

dershocka
I just hope it captures the humor, and drama of the book. Is it tied into the MCU, or is it kind of its own thing? If so, I hope Victor Mancha shows up.

SAUSAGEMAN

My roommate and I are rewatching The OC in preparation.

(I'm rewatching, he's watching for the first time.)

He also has a Hulu sub so everything's coming up Runaways.

CaptainWacky

I just hope it captures the humor, and drama of the book. Is it tied into the MCU, or is it kind of its own thing? If so, I hope Victor Mancha shows up.

All these shows are in the MCU, but they all ignore each other and the movies ignore them.

Dershocka

dershocka
Is this show gonna start up around the same time as Cloak and Dagger? And i thought Disney was eventually pulling all its streaming shows so is it gonna be on hulu for a season at best?

CaptainWacky

Cloak and Dagger is next year, on Freeform (same as New Warriors.)

Dershocka

dershocka
I forgot all about New Warriors. When in the hell are we gonna see Moon Knight? Its pretty much a Batman like character that knows he's crazy, and has no problem killing the bad guys. One of his main villains collects faces. I think he skinned that guy's face off eventually. He fights werewolves, and shit. I'd like to see a superhero/horror series, and he fits the bill.

CaptainWacky

He could team up with Blade and Werewolf By Night or something.

Dershocka

dershocka
A midnight sons series would be very cool. The current Ghost Rider runs into a no longer possessed Johnny Blaze who's trying to kill the demon possessing the current Rider. Then Blade shows up cause he's killed off all the Vampires (or so he thinks?) so he's hunting new monsters. And Blaze, and Blade are played by Cage, and Snipes of course. As many terrible low budget turd flicks those guys have been in getting them on a regular series couldn't be that difficult. I know both have expressed interest in playing those characters again.

As far as the werewolf? Just have someone ill equipped for that role. Cause there's always one in a Marvel ensemble cast. And, Moon Knight will be played by someone who was almost cast as Batman at some point.

CaptainWacky

Is Val Kilmer still alive?

CaptainWacky

Guess they could get Christian Bale then (the poor man's Val Kilmer.)

CaptainWacky

HEY apparently the first three episodes are already up on Hulu, so if you have Hulu you should watch it and post about it here. And if you don't have Hulu, you should watch it some other way and also post about it here! I'll start watching it tomorrow.

CaptainWacky

This is a good tv show! First episode is a bit slow, but it's laying a solid foundation of character. Compare it to the utter shit of Inhumans and you'll see how important that is!

James Marsters is well cast as an evil scientist.

I was a bit worried about Molly being aged up but she still looks and acts younger than the others so it works.

CaptainWacky

Episode four was good too. Gert is surprisingly the best character?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched 1 and 2, Wacky!

So far seems pretty interesting. I WILL WATCH THE OTHER ONES TOMORROW.