Star Wars: The Clone Wars returns

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Remember when Clone Wars first started and everyone asked "WHERE WAS AHSOKA DURING ORDER 66?" Nobody guessed "fighting Darth Maul" would be the answer.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

This week's episode was the good stuff.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah that was pretty much exactly what I was hoping it would be. A lot happened in just that first episode so I wonder how they're going to fill three more... how much past Order 66 could we go?

Also opening with the original Lucasfilm logo was amazing.

CaptainWacky

I liked that Ahsoka patted R2. I bet there were whole movies with R2 in them where nobody patted him.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Anakin just walking through the lasers was good, I wonder if he hadn't got messed up with the lava if he could have don't the Luke surviving the ATATs for real.

CaptainWacky

If the lasers actually hit him he'd still die.

CaptainWacky

Another great episode with amazing, movie quality animation. Really this whole four episode arc could have been released as a movie and I'd have watched it and said "that was a good movie" (assuming the next two episodes are as good, which they will be.) The lightsaber fight was really cool looking and it's awesome they got Ray Park to do the mo cap.

I'm guessing the bad guy from Solo had a cameo when Maul was speaking to his allies but I didn't quite make him out.

So next episode will be Order 66 (and Maul escapes in the chaos) and the finale will be...? Maybe Ahsok goes back to Coruscant to meet up with Obi-Wan and Yoda but she's too late.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah, they're definitely making this thing feel like a proper film. Having Maul essentially be aware of everything that is currently happening over in Revenge of the Sith is a very clever move, as it allows characters like Ahsoka to react to those events without having to contrive reasons that she somehow knows what Anakin is doing.

That said the scene where Obi-Wan talks to Ahsoka mid-RotS was great because I never thought we'd see anything like that.

The fight was great, even though we know both characters survive it still worked really well.

I'm guessing the bad guy from Solo had a cameo when Maul was speaking to his allies but I didn't quite make him out.

Yes! He's on the right.

U1F9nJp.png

CaptainWacky

Maybe we'll get an animated Solo sequel where Maul's crime empire is brought down by, oh, lets say...Dengar.

CaptainWacky

whisky

Boobie inspector
I feel like people getting force pushed to the ceiling is getting over used. Good episode though.

CaptainWacky

Yeah the use of force push in combat has certainly increased over the years.

I liked the droids all beeping around Ahsoka wanting her help it was cute.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I feel like these episodes have just been getting better. I like these episodes a lot. They may be the best Clone Wars? We'll see.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I feel sorry for Rex having to kill his brothers, I'm glad rebels gave him a happy ending.

CaptainWacky

Kevin Kiner was absolutely killing it in the several minutes where there was no dialogue.

Last edited:

whisky

Boobie inspector
The last episode is up, no spoilers but there is a shuttle towards the end looks as good as the one from rotj.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
95918398_10159814100583625_1946372783617343488_n.jpg

CaptainWacky

It was a good final part of this story. It didn't really have the feel of a "finale" as it was pretty much all (great) action with last week's having most of the emotion. But really more than any other Clone Wars arc these final four episodes are best viewed all as one movie length story. The animation, music and acting were the best the show has ever been. Really wish we'd get more in this style (maybe we will, who knows!)

Thoughts on the final season as a whole: First arc was a fairly typical Clone Wars arc. It had the usual problems all these four episode arc have (well, not the last one) of kind of lacking in story in the middle but it was a very entertaining action adventure. The only thing I find strange is Filoni's claim that this was the story he needed to tell as the final arc for the clone troopers. The story where Fives discovered Order 66 would have been a far more effective final clone story, in my opinion, and would have led perfectly into the events of the final arc. Even the arc where the Dexter Jettster Jedi was killing clones I think would have worked far better as a final story for them. It was good definitely but I'm not sure why it was so important it was made.

The arc with Ahsoka and the sister was sadly the biggest disappointiment of the season. I was all for what I imagined this story would be: seeing how Ahsoka would be away from the Jedi, what kind of a person she'd be without them, what she'd get up to. But I don't think we really got that? It felt like the sisters having an adventure with Ahsoka just along for the ride. Yeah she heard about how the Jedi caused the deathsof their parents but she'd already decided the Jedi weren't all that great even before that. The third episode ended up being a waste of time because the fourth episode ignored all its character development. The whole arc seemed to be building up to the moment where the sisters found out Ahsoka was a Jedi but when they finally did...they didn't really care that much? The whole story ended up having no bearing on the final arc. It was still pretty good just because Ahsoka's such a good character, the sisters were decent characters, there was some good action, great animation, and the evil Ben Quadinaros people, but it just felt like a big missed opportunity to me.

Both of those arcs should have been three episodes long so we could have got a two part story about General Grievous going on a date with Sy Snootles.

Final four I have no complaints: as mentioned above it was movie quality stuff, the best of Clone Wars and just these four episodes justified bringing the show back. Just that freaking Maul/Ashoka duel last week justified bringing it back.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah it's very obvious they intended this as a film and as such this made a really good final act.

I liked that they put in all the direct links with Revenge of the Sith, so they could just focus this episode on Ahsoka and Rex. There was no need to have anything about the galaxy-wide events happening because there's already a whole film about that!

I liked that Ahsoka was really clear about not wanting to kill the clones. Clone Wars did a lot to make the Clones all actual characters, so it would have felt really weird to have her just start killing them.

Cheep was a very good droid.

Out of the three "FINAL EPISODE OF CLONE WARS EVER" we have had this was probably the best - although really you have to count this whole arc as "the last episode".

I'll agree that the middle arc was perhaps the weakest, but I honestly really enjoyed all of this season.

OH WELL

NO MORE CLONE WARS

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RETURN OF RESISTANCE IN 10 YEARS TIME TO GET IT'S FINAL SEASON