Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 3

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

Love me some Shaak Ti.

DELTA SQUAD uugghahahaa yeesssss...

FUCKING YES.

CaptainWacky

3PO getting tortured makes me :(

CaptainWacky

I read (somewhere) that Dave Filoni was asked about the possibility of a young Han Solo appearing and he acted all coy.

CaptainWacky

And his first cloak.

CaptainWacky

I like it.

CaptainWacky

YES, a great return. The first episode was full of nice Clone character stuff and Shaak Ti looking all elegant. Then the second episode was just all out crazy action. They squeezed so much into that twenty minutes, including some hilarious interaction between Grievous and Ventress and crazy underwater droid drills things totally fucking up Kamino. 99 dying was a bit obvious but REALISTICALLY that's what would happen to a retarded failed clone in that situation. More darkness from Anakin as he was about to have Ventress executed before she got away. Next week's looks cool too (okay it's got Jar Jar juggling with plates, but at least Bail Organa's there too!)

The lack of Ahsoka just means it'll be EVEN BETTER when she finally appears.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Here's the quick shot of Asajj kissing the Clone Trooper after she killed him that the Cartoon Network cut out:

[YOUTUBE]WE11a9BXe54[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

Guess they were scared of people (me) tweeting "I just wanked to Asajj Ventress kissing a clone trooper after she killed him #clonewars"

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Another solid episode that got really good in the last moments.

Jar-Jar (played by Ahmed Best again THANK FUCK) was amazingly not-shit, and his buffoonary actually served the plot instead of just being there for no reason. One tiny little detail I loved was that they gave the Admiral at the start awesome 70's sideburns, which really makes him fit in with the original trilogy.

But I was amazed they had the balls to kill off a Jedi like that. I mean, yes, he was only introduced as a new character so he could die, but still they made it work and it was a good moment. I only got the pun with his name when I read it on the Star Wars site, though:

"The name of Jedi Master Di was deliberately chosen to foreshadow his grim fate. His full name, Ima-Gun Di is a pun on "I'm gonna die." Slightly less direct is Admiral Dao, whose name is an anagram of D.O.A., or dead-on-arrival. "

BUT NEXT WEEK. AHSOKA - YES. CUTE BLUE SENTAOR - YES. GEORGE LUCAS BARON PAPANOIDA - YES. GREEDO - um... yes?

CaptainWacky

A character modelled on George Lucas interacting with Greedo has infinite comic potential.

Yes, it was a good episode. Jar-Jar's capering was done by him on purpose as a distraction and it was actually funny anyway. Bail Organa is cool. Master Di was a real hero. Lott Dod! Count Dooku!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Hey whaddya know, I liked this episode too!

Ahsoka is lovely in every way and her working with Senator Chuchi (who had a new hat!!!!!!) was cool. I want them to hang out together more and maybe with Barriss Offee too.

Baron George Lucas, although not being voiced by himself, was cool. I liked that they went to the Mos Eisley Cantina, although if Dave Filoni had put Ackmena at the bar I would have loved him forever.

Not sure about Seth Green. He's alright sometimes.

ALSO LOTT DOD AGAIN.

CaptainWacky

It was probably for the best that Lucas didn't voice the Baron, given how many lines he had. Yes it was a good fun episode. I enjoyed all the references and cameos. LOTS of cameos in fact (did you spot CAPTAIN TYPHO, THAT INSPECTOR GUY AND ROTTA? Of course you did, they were easy to spot!)

I really like the Chuchi character and pairing her up with Ahsoka couldn't possibly have gone wrong. Ahsoka's Force Levitating Chuchi and then using the Mind Trick was great (and the smile her and Chuch gave each other afterwards. Maybe they became friends...IN BED? Yes I'm speculating that two teenage cartoon characters might have had lesbian sex with each other.)

Greedo!