Supergirl season 4

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Saw this article so I thought I would start the thread -- I should watch the show someday.

‘Supergirl’: Brent Spiner Set To Recur On the CW Series

by Denise Petski
August 1, 2018 10:00am

Star Trek veteran Brent Spiner has been tapped for a recurring role on the upcoming fourth season of the CW’s Supergirl.

Spiner will play Vice President Baker. Adept and politically minded, VP Baker makes for an unlikely leader, but steps up in a big way when his country needs him most.

In Season 3, Kara (Melissa Benoist) grappled with the sacrifices she’d made and whether she should give up her human identity altogether while still battling the threats to National City, including new villains Morgan Edge (Adrian Pasdar), and the “Worldkiller,” known as Reign (Odette Annable).

Based on the DC Comics characters, Supergirl is executive produced by Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash), Jessica Queller (Gilmore Girls, Felicity), Robert Rovner (Crossing Jordan, American Dreams), and Sarah Schechter (Blindspot, The Mysteries of Laura).

Spiner is best known for his portrayal of the android DATA on the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation. He also appeared in four Star Trek films; Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis for which he also co-authored the story. His other TV credits include a series regular role on CBS’ Threshold, along with guest/recurring roles on The Big Bang Theory, Blunt Talk, Ray Donovan, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, among others.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Season 3 was aggressively mediocre so hopefully they get their shit together.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The lesson here is, if you have a show and Calista Flockhart is in the cast, you don't let Calista Flockhart fade out of the cast. You do whatever it takes to keep her in the cast and use her even more.

The Question

Eternal
So far, The Flash is the only Arrowverse show I've been following regularly. Am I missing anything?

CaptainWacky

The lesson here is, if you have a show and Calista Flockhart is in the cast, you don't let Calista Flockhart fade out of the cast. You do whatever it takes to keep her in the cast and use her even more.

When the the show switched to the CW for season two, they moved production from LA to Vancouver. Flockhart wasn't going to move to Vancouver for six months of the year so she only made guest appearances after that.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Why isn't Trump adding tariffs to production companies who go to FUCKING VANCOUVER?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Because the shows are set in american, he probably thinks they are made there too.

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I hope Brent's family matter turns out okay.

CaptainWacky

Maybe it was a problem with his evil twin brother.

CaptainWacky

Season opener was very good, already seems like a big improvement over last season (look how they just brushed the "James as Guardian" story under the carpet.) Otis is a lot less bumbling than in the old days. Good to see Kara remembered she's a journalist and Nia is cute. Disappointed they killed Tiya Sircar (with an English accent!?) so quickly though. Lynda Carter can't act.

whisky

Boobie inspector
With your eyes shut she could have been Mon els British wife. What happend to him anyway.

CaptainWacky

Why would Winn go the future? Is he from there and i forgot?

CaptainWacky

I liked the part where Kara couldn't change into Supergirl because Lena was there and had to use her powers in secret.

CaptainWacky

Of course Lena (the smartest woman alive) still being the only character to not know her identity is silly.