The Gul's Psychotic Break/WF Implosion Banpool...

gturner

You're wrong. I mean, I can't say I blame you, he's very good at blending in. It took me years to notice it. But when I got to thinking back, any time there was some kind of discussion Shooter would inevitably chime in with "I'd just ban him." There were other "tells" that helped turn the lightbulb on, but I won't bore you. But once you look at Shooter not as the right-leaning libertarian he styles himself to be but as a statist facist, so much makes so much sense. He's a clever one though. I've got to give him credit. He had me fooled for about a decade and I think there's only maybe 1 or 2 other people who've seen through his act.

That's not necessarily statist/fascist. That's also an efficient businessman's way of dealing with employee and customer problems. Instead of engaging in a big circle jerk, just get rid of the person causing the issue.

But boards don't die from too much activity. They die from too little. If you want traffic, if you want heated debate, go get a bunch of people from Democratic Underground and a bunch of people from Rush Limbaugh.com and stick them in the same room. I can't make liberals start lots of threads, but I can start lots of conservative threads, ones with an edge that hooks people in and gets them to react.

The real problem is that the left has lost their ability to make and support good logical arguments because they've been taught to demonize their opponents, cry racism/sexism/genderism, and virtue signal like a crack monkey. If they don't succeed at shutting someone down or running them off (which is the goal of all that demonization they were taught), they don't have much to fall back on except the ban hammer.

But that doesn't work in elections, and now they're mystified at losing over a thousand state and federal seats since Obama took office - in a country that elected Obama twice.

The Question

Eternal
Funny, but I happen to recall Rightforge being quite a lot more gracious in 2008 and 2012. Gul is one thin-skinned little bitch. But I called that a while back.

Anna

missmanners' favorite toy
You could still be let back in, of course. Me, not so much. I don't take shit from Gul or from his designated proxies, like Chump. I make them eat the shit they try to feed me, and for that I will never be forgiven. As if they're the ones in a position to forgive. ;)
Chup a proxy? :lol:

Are you serious with this? They hate each other.

Anna

That's not necessarily statist/fascist. That's also an efficient businessman's way of dealing with employee and customer problems. Instead of engaging in a big circle jerk, just get rid of the person causing the issue.

But boards don't die from too much activity. They die from too little. If you want traffic, if you want heated debate, go get a bunch of people from Democratic Underground and a bunch of people from Rush Limbaugh.com and stick them in the same room. I can't make liberals start lots of threads, but I can start lots of conservative threads, ones with an edge that hooks people in and gets them to react.

The real problem is that the left has lost their ability to make and support good logical arguments because they've been taught to demonize their opponents, cry racism/sexism/genderism, and virtue signal like a crack monkey. If they don't succeed at shutting someone down or running them off (which is the goal of all that demonization they were taught), they don't have much to fall back on except the ban hammer.

But that doesn't work in elections, and now they're mystified at losing over a thousand state and federal seats since Obama took office - in a country that elected Obama twice.
I dunno, what would you like me to call the people starting threads like cupcakeER JIM in "protest"?

In years past, people like you would've been beaten down and run off by conservatives and liberals alike. It's amazing you can speak like an actual human here and not a bot bringing Hilary up in every conversation.

Anna

Funny, but I happen to recall Rightforge being quite a lot more gracious in 2008 and 2012. Gul is one thin-skinned little bitch. But I called that a while back.
This from the guy who has been obsessed with WF since being canned two years ago. Cute.

At least gturner's Hilary obsession is an act. You are the real deal.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I dunno, what would you like me to call the people starting threads like cupcakeER JIM in "protest"?

In years past, people like you would've been beaten down and run off by conservatives and liberals alike. It's amazing you can speak like an actual human here and not a bot bringing Hilary up in every conversation.

Donkey fucker says what?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter

I'd highlight the important word in your post, but you seem to know what it is, given your sarcastic and condescending use of quotes, so instead I'll ask two questions:
1) how many threads were there with "cupcakeer" in their title before you guys started arbitrarily banning people "to improve post quality"?
2)what other options were there to protest this idiotic decision?

gturner

No, it's not amazing, and not only wouldn't I have been run off by conservatives, I would be providing most of their content. I was a top conservative blogger for years.

And there's a reason I keep bringing up Hillary. Virtually nobody among Leftforge has come to terms with her yet. She's a horrible candidate who corrupted the DNC and then the Democratic nomination process because her of her own unbounded ego. "It's her turn!" Given her tons of baggage, crimes, inability to connect with people, lack of trust, and string of bad decisions, she would have been among the last people in the nation that any sane party would've picked. And sure enough, despite nearly 100% of the media throwing out the rule book to rig her victory for her, and despite her outspending Trump about five to one, despite almost all the polls showing her cruising to victory, she lost catastrophically, and with it Obama loses his legacy and the Democrats lose a slew of Supreme Court picks.

But instead of soaking that in, and reflecting on the real reasons for Democrats defeat, something Rince Priebus did immediately after Romney's loss, the left is instead cranking the "Trump=Hitler!" nonsense to eleven, sticking their fingers in their ears and chanting "The racist/sexist/xenophobe is not my President!"

The left has become unhinged, and completely intolerant of any viewpoints other than their own ridiculous narrative. They can't even make any interesting and informative statements about Trump's daily actions and picks because they're stuck describing the phantom Trump monster they created in their own heads.

The Question

Eternal
This from the guy who has been obsessed with WF since being canned two years ago. Cute.

I mention the place occasionally, and usually when somebody over there mentions me. If I'm "obsessed", so are all you jackholes. Cute indeed.

You and a clue should get acquainted. ;)

Anna

No, it's not amazing, and not only wouldn't I have been run off by conservatives, I would be providing most of their content. I was a top conservative blogger for years.

And there's a reason I keep bringing up Hillary. Virtually nobody among Leftforge has come to terms with her yet. She's a horrible candidate who corrupted the DNC and then the Democratic nomination process because her of her own unbounded ego. "It's her turn!" Given her tons of baggage, crimes, inability to connect with people, lack of trust, and string of bad decisions, she would have been among the last people in the nation that any sane party would've picked. And sure enough, despite nearly 100% of the media throwing out the rule book to rig her victory for her, and despite her outspending Trump about five to one, despite almost all the polls showing her cruising to victory, she lost catastrophically, and with it Obama loses his legacy and the Democrats lose a slew of Supreme Court picks.

But instead of soaking that in, and reflecting on the real reasons for Democrats defeat, something Rince Priebus did immediately after Romney's loss, the left is instead cranking the "Trump=Hitler!" nonsense to eleven, sticking their fingers in their ears and chanting "The racist/sexist/xenophobe is not my President!"

The left has become unhinged, and completely intolerant of any viewpoints other than their own ridiculous narrative. They can't even make any interesting and informative statements about Trump's daily actions and picks because they're stuck describing the phantom Trump monster they created in their own heads.
Clearly, you couldn't read the room. I lived in CA and even here, most people were pulling for Sanders in the primary. Even with Trump as her opposition, I could not vote for her and neither could many others. Most of the ones who did so as a a vote against Trump.

The Hitler meme has been lobbied around since Bush. I agree that's been over played. I also agree that when multiple survivors of the internment camps, concentration camps and those who fought for civil rights in the 60s all point out the same thing, it's worth a listen.

As for his picks...Bannon was considered too racist for DC in 1986, where the PC bar was set high enough to be viewed in a trans-pacific flight. His Sec. Of Ed. has no actual education experience. Most worrying immediately for me is his ties he has yet to sever with his many businesses and choosing to continue doing business in Trump Tower. NYC hasn't been the Capitol since 1789 for good reason.

The Question

Eternal
Most worrying immediately for me is his ties he has yet to sever with his many businesses and choosing to continue doing business in Trump Tower. NYC hasn't been the Capitol since 1789 for good reason.

He hasn't been inaugurated yet. Let's sit on the "Oh, he's got conflicts of interest!" bitch until he's actually got any. Maybe you can spare a second or two to look at Jill Stein for shitting things up with her petty and futile recount gambit and how that might play into him being cautious on this score.

Maybe you can even spare another second or two to laugh at Clinton's conflicts of interest keeping the Clinton Foundation going and, while she was at it, taking massive foreign donations while she was Secretary of State. Y'know, if being even-handed matters at all to you.

Anna

But he won the electorate AND the popular vote if you throw out the million of illegal votes!

Doesn't he love America and want to see justice?

Why does Trump hate America? :(

Anna

Also, his many, many companies he owns? Yeah, not a thing to say "well, forget it, let's wait till the inauguration to deal with it " Especially given the sheer volume of companies here and abroad.

The Question

Eternal
But he won the electorate AND the popular vote if you throw out the million of illegal votes!

According to True The Vote, 3 million.

Doesn't he love America and want to see justice?

Why does Trump hate America? :(

Who says he does? Like I said, yell about Jill Stein, her little maneuver is what's slowing shit up.

Anna

I agree the recount is a waste of time.

Plenty of bigger fish to fry, unless she's looking for her five percent to get fed funding next go-around.

The Question

Eternal
Also, his many, many companies he owns? Yeah, not a thing to say "well, forget it, let's wait till the inauguration to deal with it " Especially given the sheer volume of companies here and abroad.

And, again, you have a problem with that but never to my recollection uttered a syllable about Clinton taking tens of millions while actively in office, especially from countries that execute gays for existing and women for being raped. Yeah, you're offering some of the least credible, least convincing complaints I've seen anywhere.

Let's wait until Trump is actually in office, then you can try again, and if he is still active at his various businesses, then you'll have a point. As of now, ya got bupkis.

gturner

Trump can't have many conflicts of interest because he's in real estate, specifically luxury resorts. Federal policy really doesn't impact those at all. About the only thing to watch out for is foreign countries offer massive tax subsidies to build new Trump properties, but those deals are very hard to hide.

Trump's businesses will probably make more off merchandising deals, but Trump is the first person ever elected who is his own private brand.

None of that is even in the same universe as skimming off billions in weapons sales to Muslim monarchies and dictatorships, or oil equipment sales to countries under US sanctions, etc.

And Bannon isn't a racist, he was a surface warfare officer on a destroyer. He hates Russian warships, not black people.

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!

gturner

Pointing out how corrupt Hillary is (at one point there were several hundred FBI agents investigating her) is not unhinged.

Thinking she's honest and trustworthy is unhinged.