The Gul's Psychotic Break/WF Implosion Banpool...

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!
Here's an idea for you to ponder: Why do you suppose people dislike gul?

Here's something to consider: Why do I not give a flying fuck about why? It's a tiny little message message at the ass end of the internet populated by a bunch of longtime, aging posters who occasionally die.

I don't want it to be a microcosm of the real world or a copy of the Roman Imperial Senate where the serious issues of the day are discussed seriously sometimes to the point of violence. Fuck that. I can get that riding on the subway.

I want it to be a local, slightly seedy pub where you can do a bit of that, make a joke, be an asshole, and nerd out about movies, sports, titties, and Star Trek.

El Chupacabra

I'm not wearing any pants!!
It's not really about fairness at all. It seems to be more about a dislike of gul combined with an excuse to have some drama that has really motivated you, IMO.

You talk about fairness. To whom and to what end? To the end of the board, like all of the other spinoff boards that have bit the dust? Fairness for a bunch of shitheels who's overriding concern is to so poison the atmosphere that the board collapses regardless?
Fairness for whoever was a member, irrespective of their politics. Fairness by sticking to the rules we have worked by for many years.

With each day that passes it becomes more apparent how many hypocrites there are on WF. People are busy bemoaning the fact that Wf is supposedly becoming an alt-right sounding board - but the very people who are banging that drum the most are also partisan people who want WF to be a liberal sounding board, and are prepared to ignore the rules to get it (even by their own admission). They were also quite happy when the right wingers were nowhere to be seen. Now that the plan hasn't gone as expected they're sulking and predicting the end of the world? It's just the same bullshit on the other side.Wf is no alt-right board.

Fuck me. I'm done with all this partisan childishness - from both sides. I'm sick of it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
...and that's why you're posting at Trollkingdom right now instead of at Wordforge. Because when someone tries to help you understand a problem, you abuse them. :)

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!
You're not going to like or agree with this, but I would argue that this is just a symptom of a problem I'll call You Made Your Bed And Now You've Got To Lie In It Syndrome.

You know how Trump got elected President? Lefties became increasingly thin-skinned, intolerant, and overbearing at forcing their views on everyone. A number of states and indeed the federal government came up with "Defense of Marriage" laws, defining a marriage as between a man and a woman. Liberals overturned those. A number of states came up with voter ID laws. Liberals overturned those. In Oregon a couple was financially ruined and driven out of business for refusing to make a gay wedding cake. For years liberals have accused anyone who disagrees with them of being stupid, a liar, a racist, a homophobe, and a KKK Nazi. Cops are getting assassinated. The news media spent close to two years telling everyone President-Elect Trump was a stupid, arrogant sideshow joke that didn't have a chance. People tend to get sick of being talked down to. And people tend to do something about it. That's how Trump got elected President.

And what did the Left do? Did they go "Huh. Maybe we do have a problem." No. They rioted. They attacked people. They told us how stupid and racist we were. They decided to bully anyone they had power over to silence any views they disagreed with.

But what do I know? I'm a stupid liar racist homophobe KKK Nazi that shoots defenseless black people while wearing a Confederate flag as a cape.

Here's the thing; who cares? Trump won. Great. You have loads of places where you behavior over the win is not only accepted, but applauded. Yet you feel compelled, to the point of mania to come over to WF to pee in the pool.

Why?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Here's the thing; who cares? Trump won. Great. You have loads of places where you behavior over the win is not only accepted, but applauded. Yet you feel compelled, to the point of mania to come over to WF to pee in the pool.

Why?
I could answer this. But I'm not going to. Because you get answers when you give answers. :) You don't deserve an answer.

Besides, I'm pretty sure you're too stupid and closed minded to understand the answer. :)

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!
Fairness for whoever was a member, irrespective of their politics. Fairness by sticking to the rules we have worked by for many years.

With each day that passes it becomes more apparent how many hypocrites there are on WF. People are busy bemoaning the fact that Wf is supposedly becoming an alt-right sounding board - but the very people who are banging that drum the most are also partisan people who want WF to be a liberal sounding board, and are prepared to ignore the rules to get it (even by their own admission). They were also quite happy when the right wingers were nowhere to be seen. Now that the plan hasn't gone as expected they're sulking and predicting the end of the world? It's just the same bullshit on the other side.Wf is no alt-right board.

Fuck me. I'm done with all this partisan childishness - from both sides. I'm sick of it.

Pointless. It'll just make you a causality of your own crusade. Is that really what you want? "I cannot restore the board to what I think it was and should be so I'll leave"? How is that at all productive?

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
That's very true.
43450274.jpg

gturner

Technical expertise, or lack there of is the cause. Not because John the poster left. But because John the boffin stepped down.

Would that be the same boffin who built a special dungeon for me but locked me out of it, while telling everyone I was locked in? If a person is locked out of a parent forum, they'll be locked out of its subforums. Inheritance is not rocket science.

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!
Would that be the same boffin who built a special dungeon for me but locked me out of it, while telling everyone I was locked in?

Yup, that's the one!

gturner

It's not really about fairness at all. It seems to be more about a dislike of gul combined with an excuse to have some drama that has really motivated you, IMO.

You talk about fairness. To whom and to what end?

If you ask about "to whom and to what end" then you don't understand fairness - at all. You're talking about unfairness.

gturner

@El Chupacabra you diseased liver fuck, lemme make it clear: YOU did fuck shit to influence my decision to leave.

Are you calling him a shit fucker and saying you won't hang around shit fuckers, or are you saying he had no influence on your decision? :meh:

But I'm pretty sure El Chup is saying he didn't drive any of the decisions people made, including yours.

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!
If you ask about "to whom and to what end" then you don't understand fairness - at all. You're talking about unfairness.

Let's have an experiment in that "fairness" What say we go over to a largely pro alt-right dominated board, or r_the Donald, and you can start defending Obama and/or Hillary while I watch. Let's see what happens. Wanna do that?

The Question

Eternal
Now that the symptoms of this case of norovirus have tapered off to nothing more than excessive flatulence, I'm actually finding it to be quite amusing.

Anna

missmanners' favorite toy
Would that be the same boffin who built a special dungeon for me but locked me out of it, while telling everyone I was locked in? If a person is locked out of a parent forum, they'll be locked out of its subforums. Inheritance is not rocket science.
It was a board snafu, the same as your being locked out the rest of the board.

I'm more pissed that the folks you reached out to didn't attempt to contact others on staff if they didn't trust us, but without knowing why you were handing out your password to people, I made a decision to err on the side of board safety.

gturner

Let's have an experiment in that "fairness" What say we go over to a largely pro alt-right dominated board, or r_the Donald, and you can start defending Obama and/or Hillary while I watch. Let's see what happens. Wanna do that?

Please do. That's called normalcy. Leftists are too stupid to realize this, but conservatives are used to operating in an environment filled with leftists. They are our wives and daughters.

gturner

It was a board snafu, the same as your being locked out the rest of the board.

I'm more pissed that the folks you reached out to didn't attempt to contact others on staff if they didn't trust us, but without knowing why you were handing out your password to people, I made a decision to err on the side of board safety.

That's not board safety. Board safety is handing out life jackets, flashlights, and fire extinguishers. o_O

The reason people weren't trusting is probably the preceding week or so of Violet Room discussions, with the staff making people quite paranoid about major changes that were coming, and then the whole Fascist "off to the violet room!" bs.

Markb

fuck me RAW Henny!
Please do. That's called normalcy. Leftists are too stupid to realize this, but conservatives are used to operating in an environment filled with leftists. They are our wives and daughters.

No. I'm not going to go as the 'Leftist' I'll be the silent observer. I want you to go masquerading as the 'Leftist". Post like you normally do, but from the other political side, and we can see how you are treated there.

FYI: I hear they dox dissenters at r_the donald so maybe we could go there first. What do you say?