Twin Peaks (2017)

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
The total lack of background music was weird, right? The original show had a lot of background music. I guess it was to unsettle you. Like all the long silences. I actually laughed when it kept cutting between Coop and Laura's faces with neither of them speaking because it happened so many times.

Definitely missed the background music. So far this is a whole lot darker than the original show, but somehow it works.

Evil Coop has really terrible hair.

And skin! Yuck.

I guess if you can't use an actor because he claims you raped your daughter, replacing him with a tree is one way to go.

Ha, I guess. I was getting a definite Eraserhead vibe from that and other parts of the show.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I caved and watched episodes 3 and 4.

Between this and american gods I am really missing programs where I know whats going on.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
3 and 4 were interesting and very watchable, but I almost felt like they were floating into self-parody with the David Duchovny appearance, and then Michael Cera showing up and acting as if he's on Fargo or AHS. Both of them pulled me out of the action. Cera doesn't get this style of drama.

David Lynch was pitch-perfect though. He still knows his own universe for sure.

Richard Chamberlain should have been given a better character, or at least some more lines.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Seemed funny seeing Mulder in this and Scully in american gods.

I know Ducoveny played this part before he got the X files.

Miguel Ferrer looks really ill, I guess this was one of the last things he did.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I liked Cera. I was finding Lucy and Andy a bit much with the cell phones thing, but he redeemed them.

Evil Coop doing the thumbs up was terrifying.

It is sad that Miguel Ferrer was obviously dying of cancer when this was filmed. I liked his scenes and David Lynch is actually a pretty good actor.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I guess the cheese (me) stands alone on Cera. Oh well.

And don't get me wrong, I loved Duchovny's scene and I get the backstory. I just thought that he ruined it at the end by fanning his face. I was surprised they left that in. It just dropped all walls for me and turned it into Mel Brooks.*

*Fun fact: Mel Brooks financed and produced Lynch's film version of The Elephant Man!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Not entirely alone, I didn't like Cera's performance either, he looked like he was just phoning it in, but I can only assume it was the performance they asked him to give.

I hope Cooper is a bit less rain man next week. Or I should say in three weeks now we have use up the bonus episodes.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I don't think he was phoning it in, I think he gave his all, and they all worked together to create a good scene. I just think the pacing of his speech was too uneven, and I just couldn't lose myself in the scene like I could others.

CaptainWacky

I don't think Coop's going back to normal until Hawk "finds" him (possibly involving chocolate bunnies.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Do you think they made a big deal about mobile phones because Coop wont recognise them either?

I thought he would snap out of it when he had the coffee, perhaps it wasnt damn fine.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I can see why they added more episodes if Insurance Coop still needs help finding the toilet at this point.

CaptainWacky

Amanda Seyfried does good drug face.

The sheriff's wife ranting about watching a bucket all day was the best part?