Twin Peaks (2017)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I don't know what their plans are, but I would think that role can be recast.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
MORE WORK FOR DINKLAGE!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
He's more of a cute dwarf than a creepy looking dwarf.

CaptainWacky

It's good that Audrey somehow survived that explosion (unless she's a ghost.)

CaptainWacky

Well Laura Palmer's actress is in the new season apparently still as Laura...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

CaptainWacky

Proof that it was actually filmed!

CaptainWacky

I hope the first episode is just Cooper drinking coffee for an hour then at the end he says "...and a slice of cherry pie!"

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I want the season-long arc to be "Who killed Log Lady?"

But I guess flashback scenes would be harder to pull off.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
And no matter what, there will be deeply polarized factions on the internet arguing both sides in real time!

Something the first incarnation didn't really have to deal with.

CaptainWacky

vKtvYUo.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Cable/2017 = more gooey guts and slashy bits and spooned out eyes than ABC/1990.

Lots of stuff happened very slowly. As it should be. WHICH COOPER WILL BE TEH WIN?

Last edited:

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I've seen the first episode (2 episodes?) and very much enjoyed that. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting and was kind of clunky in the beginning but about 30 minutes in it went full bore Lynch, lol. The new plot lines are interesting and wow, MacLachlan is fantastic. Some of the original actors seemed to have trouble with their characters but hey, it *is* 25 years later.

I see episodes 3 and 4 are available as well so I'll get to those later tonight maybe.

CaptainWacky

I won't watch 3 and 4 because then there won't be any new episodes for three weeks (I hate it when tv shows do that.)

The total lack of background music was weird, right? The original show had a lot of background music. I guess it was to unsettle you. Like all the long silences. I actually laughed when it kept cutting between Coop and Laura's faces with neither of them speaking because it happened so many times.

That lady had the key all along!

Evil Coop has really terrible hair.

I guess if you can't use an actor because he claims you raped your daughter, replacing him with a tree is one way to go.

I found the final few minutes kind of a relief after the unrelenting bleakness but maybe that's just because it made me think of Riverdale.