WandaVision

The Question

Eternal
So at what point is it no longer assholery to talk spoilers? How long are we supposed to wait for that?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I think your fine. I forgot how we do spoiler codes on your phone.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
So at what point is it no longer assholery to talk spoilers? How long are we supposed to wait for that?
Spoil away. I keep hemming and hawing about getting Disney +, it's nice to know I won't be totally clueless when I go to see Doctor Strange 2.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
having agatha uttering the words "scarlet witch" being the end of the episode was a weird choice. it doesn't mean anything to anyone who's not a comics-knower! it doesn't shock comics-knowers! who is it for??

If the opening scene had had the rest of the coven accusing Agatha of being "The Scarlet Witch" it would have made more sense. But that didn't happen.

whisky

Boobie inspector
There are two extra scenes, one early into the credits, one at the very end.

Mixed feelings on this one, but I am leaning towards disappointed.

There is also what appears to be a huge plot hole that is just brought up and then never resolved, but maybe they are saving that for the movies.

CaptainWacky

The witch fighting stuff went on too long and it was weird that they cast Evan Peters just as a meta joke and he didn't end up doing anything. Monica ended up not doing much either and I guess Kat Dennings wasn't available or something since she appeared in like one five second insert shot. But Olsen and Bettany killed it again and it was Wanda's story so I'm happy the finale focused on her. I know the internet (including me probably!) went mad speculating about the X-Men showing up or Doctor Strange or whatever but I'm glad it didn't have a lot of unrelated stufff thrown in really. The stories should stand on their own.

I'm surprised Billy and Tommy died but that was their voices in the end credit scene so I'm guessing Wanda will end up meeting different (teenage?) versions of them in another universe in Doctor Strage 2 or something. I'm pleased Vision can return some day because he hasn't really had many opportunities to do proper super hero stuff in his appearances so far.

I liked the show on the whole but kind of enjoyed the sitcom episodes at the start a lot more than some people seem to have?

What did you think the huge plothole was?

whisky

Boobie inspector
White vision got all his memories back, essentially becoming the real vision, then he just pissed off, leaving Wanda to fight without his help, and red vision never even tells Wanda her real husband is alive, something that would have been a great comfort to her.

CaptainWacky

He's not quite the old vision so we don't know what he's going to be like, even with his old memories. Maybe he isn't happy about the way Wanda created a new version of him and married it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought it was good, but I haven't seen any movies, and probably won't see any of the next ones. They should let Wanda have another series where she learns how to be the Scarlet Witch.

SAUSAGEMAN

Wanda's story continues this fall in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'

This left me pretty cold. The show with the eight superpowered people and military squads running around fighting each other didn't feel anything like the show from episodes 1-3, which I thought was really exciting.

whisky

Boobie inspector
My wife found the ending hard to watch, she has a lot of empathy, so a wife losing her husband and kids hit her hard.

The Question

Eternal
So, they basically Loki'd him. Or... Gamora'd him. I mean, I guess everything science fiction since Star Trek III can basically do resurrections. Even though Marvel is doing a lot of those lately, at least resurrected characters... respawn at a previous save point, to use a gaming metaphor?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I just like that we got all the way to here to introduce the character for real.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Didn't Adam Warlock have the soul stone in his head in the comics?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
sometimes yes, sometimes no
593e403be2a729d5679b432b09368449.jpg

Adam-Warlock-Infinity-Gauntlet-750x383.jpg

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
There’s nothing more boring for me than two characters having a fight while flying. And that was 50% of the episode!

It’s a shame how different it became from the pastiche of tv eras at the beginning, but that’s all that really could’ve happened. It was more than just a gimmick at least.

SAUSAGEMAN

i agree with p much this entire thread. I'm frustrated with the ending because the show showed so much potential at the beginning, and I wish it had kept that ambition. But it served up something that was well produced, even the bits I thought failed were still fun to watch, and something worthy of discussion and analysis. I have pretty much zero expectation that BuckyFalcon will be anywhere near that. WandaVision feels like it was something special!

SAUSAGEMAN

Really weird how Kat Dennings showed off her honking bazoongas in that one episode and then just..... never showed up again?

Xhom9RS.gif