Welcome New Poster cakewalk

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
A little while back I went outside and there was water falling out of the sky. It got all over my car and everything. Very unpleasant.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
awww. What a dreadful ordeal!
And there they claim it never rains in southern California!
(Should be good for the ice plants, though. IIRC they should flower at this time of the year)

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Well I didn't like it and I hope it doesn't happen again. Wouldn't want anything screwing up fire season.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
Right! I had totally forgotten about that one. Isn't it overdue already? As far as I can remember there often were fires in December and rather regularly in January.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Nah we'll burn to the ground (again) July-Sept. But if we get get rain it makes shit green so we don't get landslides after the burn goes through. And nobody likes that.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
true. BUt it's a homemade problem. It's what comes from LA and SF draining the last little droplet of water from the mountains and their foothills. If they didn't, there'd be forrests and shrubs with wide roots that hold the soil in place like a net. As it is, in these semi-arid regions plants need carrot-like long roots to reach what little groundwater is left and these can't hold the soil. They are rather like a grid through which the mud slides easily.
Have you ever been in the Santa Ana Mountains above LA? It is a desert now with dead lakes with mummified fish. Only a century ago the area was inhabited by native tribes that lived on fishing and farming. Then came the big city with her insatiable thirst and the whole area got dried out. The water pipes for LA alone reach over 120 miles into the mountains. Those for SF are even longer.
The water supply isn't endless. There are already shortages. But if you hear that the average German uses 8 gallons of water a day and the average US-American 40, there is a lot of potential for saving water and rescuing your environment there.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
I use 3-4. 5-6 in summer (more showers and more laundry). For the garden I need about 2-3 gallons per day, but I collect rainwater for that purpose.
At my office we use rainwater for the toilet, car wash and garden (we have our own little beer garden =) ). And the water for the central heating is boiled in black pannels on one part of the roof. This summer we'll get photovoltaic pannels as well so that we can power all our computers with homemade electricity. As you may have guessed we like our independence. And our environment.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
then it will get dark

jack

I use 3-4. 5-6 in summer (more showers and more laundry). For the garden I need about 2-3 gallons per day, but I collect rainwater for that purpose.
At my office we use rainwater for the toilet, car wash and garden (we have our own little beer garden =) ). And the water for the central heating is boiled in black pannels on one part of the roof. This summer we'll get photovoltaic pannels as well so that we can power all our computers with homemade electricity. As you may have guessed we like our independence. And our environment.

That would make you a hypocrite. Photovoltaic panels are the worst thing that exist in the environment. As long as it's not YOUR land they're fracking for the heavy earth, who gives a fuck right?

jack

I know I havent laughed so hard since my gram caught her tit in the wringer washer.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
I guess pointing out that it'd be best for all kinds of environments to just not use computers at all would be considered rude, eh?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Since I've stopped drinking that stuff a while ago and have sinced learned to live with the side effects, I couldn't care less. :whistle: