What We Left Behind (DS9 documentary)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/DS9Doc

'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Documentary Acquired by Shout!, Headed to Theaters

By Jamie Lovett - March 13, 2019

Shout! Studios has acquired the distribution rights to What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

According to Deadline, Shout! plans to distribute the documentary across multiple platforms by the end of the year, including a theatrical release.

The film is an in-depth look at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine often considered the black sheep of the Star Trek family. The show premiered in 1993 as a spinoff of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Patrick Stewart guest starred a Capt. Picard in the show’s two-part debut. Colm Meaney’s recurring The Next Generation character, Miles O’Brien, became a Deep Space Nine series regular. Even Worf made the jump to Deep Space Nine in the show’s fourth season, following the end of The Next Generation.

Rick Berman and Michael Piller created Deep Space Nine. The show was immediately controversial in the Star Trek community for taking place on a space station rather than a starship. The series came into its own when Berman and Piller moved on to create Star Trek: Voyager in 1995, leaving writer Ira Steven Behr behind as showrunner. Behr, who co-directed the documentary, leveraged the fact that the Deep Space Nine cast wasn’t warping from one planet to the next each week to tell serialized stories that were ahead of their time and that continue to influence Star Trek even today.

That cast included Avery Brooks as Benjamin Sisko, René Auberjonois as Odo, Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax, Cirroc Lofton as Jake Sisko, Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien, Michael Dorn as Worf, Armin Shimerman as Quark, Alexander Siddig as Julian Bashir, and Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys.

What We Left Behind: A Look Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is a production of 455 Films and Tuxedo Productions. The film is directed by Behr and David Zappone, executive produced by Zappone, and produced by Behr, Kai de Mello-Folsom, Joseph Kornbrodt and Luke Snailham with additional production services from the New York Film Academy and 455 Films’ Kevin & Helene Layne.

Mirah

I love you
Awww, I thought this was going to be an environmental documentary. Or something else I don't want to admit.
I should have known was Deep Space 9 meant! Sorry!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Can I hijack this thread to say that 48 year old Nicole de Boer is still stunningly attractive.

Thanks.

CaptainWacky

Is ira Behr's beard a political statement.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Is Terry really pissed at someone or was she playing a scene from the show?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe she's mad they didn't include her in the finale memory scenes. I WOULD BE.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Does look like that’s what it relates too. Also I can’t really get enough of weird Avery Brookes clips. TOO.

CaptainWacky

Brooks seems to get weirder every time I see him.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
His jazz sirens keep calling him to smash his noggin on the rocks.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

CaptainWacky

Can I just download it.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Probably, soon after they do all these lame 1-day theater premieres.

Shout Factory will have it in the US, not sure about the rest of the world.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Netflix here has all the Trek tv series and I think all the TNG era movies, so hopefully it’ll be on there.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
OMG MY BLURAY ARRIVED YESTERDAY FROM SHOUT FACTORY! I pre-ordered it last month. I didn't check my mail until late last night after I finished work.

I've spent this morning ripping/burning the film and extras so I can watch them without the disc, and today I will dig in.

SQUEEEEEE!

Already I caught one bonus scene where Penny Johnson and CIrroc Lofton each share a story about her seeing him with a boner.

DIS GAWN'BEE INNERSTING YASS. .

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
About two-thirds through... it's great, mostly. Ira Behr gets too cute and concocts little skits about creating an 8th season, and those are good, but it gets too fluffy at times. Otherwise it's a nice trip back, and mostly everyone is interviewed. Marc Alaimo is a freak. More to come.