2005 Golden Cookie Awards & more

Mandi

Platonic eh? Well don't you think maybe just maybe you should have made that clear before I made an ass out of myself? Because what you've said on here, and what you've said over the phone sound like two completely seperate things. But that's ok, I'm used to guys saying one thing then turning around and saying another. C'est la vie.

Friday

Bazinga!
Mandi, don't feel poorly about how you think you've been perceived. We've all been there, and empathize.

BlazerBoy

Eggs Mayonnaise said:
Perhaps not...do you open Oreos and lick the cream off?

I KNEW you were treating on me with a black guy. Whatsamatter? My dick too PALE for you?

The Question

Eternal
Sparkle Muffin said:
Platonic eh? Well don't you think maybe just maybe you should have made that clear before I made an ass out of myself? Because what you've said on here, and what you've said over the phone sound like two completely seperate things. But that's ok, I'm used to guys saying one thing then turning around and saying another. C'est la vie.

Well, this is kind of why I've been pretty careful to not really get too excitable either way, in either place. By all accounts, you've been going through some pretty rough shit, uh... pretty much constantly, for like the last six months. I didn't want to get your hopes up too much, but I didn't want to send you into a crash-and-burn, either.

Of course, I also didn't realize you were actually serious, either. You know, being as you are, once again, still practically a teenager, not to mention waaaaaaaaaaaaay the hell out in BFE, and all.

I'm sorry, I guess it boils down to I shouldn't have assumed you weren't just joking around.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
BlazerBoy said:
I KNEW you were treating on me with a black guy. Whatsamatter? My dick too PALE for you?

No, just too BUSY!!!! :D

PreatorX

The Question said:
I also have a strictly platonic relationship with cookies.

But you've never tried them when they're warm and soft, right out of the oven with the chocolate chips melted and slippery.

They taste pretty good I mean!

Mirah

I love you
PreatorX said:
But you've never tried them when they're warm and soft, right out of the oven with the chocolate chips melted and slippery.

They taste pretty good I mean!

Oh my God! Thats the yummiest description I've ever heard of a cookie out of the oven. Sexy too.

And about all the other stuff here: nothin like airin your dirty laundry for all to see! Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean. But I'm wondering if some of this should have been handled by the PM system? Unless of course it was all just a show! But I know the truth.

Reminds me of a story...way back when...at a church dance of all places all of my friends were fighting over this guy-
"who would get to dance with him"-so they send me to arrange these dances, and they kept this up until the end of the night.
I didn't see what they saw in him-I mean he was cute, and obviously enjoying the attention (I'm only telling my story-no refrences here to anyone) anyway.
It came time for the last dance, and they send me to ask him,
who will get the last dance-and who does he pick? Me! But I wasn't asking! And I definitely couldn't betray my friends-they were the ones who wanted to dance with him, not I, but I must say I was intrigued at this point.
The song starts, and we were about to dance (keep in mind I was in jr high-so its still that akwardness) just then my best friend walks up and thinks she has the last dance-and I let her take him away to the dance floor. But then I rush to tell everyone else what happened-and they say I must cut in on them and dance with him, but I couldn't-she was my friend. "Oh but you must" they say.
So I do.
And we danced. I remember his ear being cold, thats about it. Oh, and dancing very close, even till after the music stopped, I remember that too. The dance was over, we exchange phone numbers, my friends and I laugh about it all the way home, and I never hear from him again.
Moral of the story? Don't know, but I will always remember that I got the last dance.

Mandi

The Question said:
Well, this is kind of why I've been pretty careful to not really get too excitable either way, in either place. By all accounts, you've been going through some pretty rough shit, uh... pretty much constantly, for like the last six months. I didn't want to get your hopes up too much, but I didn't want to send you into a crash-and-burn, either.

Of course, I also didn't realize you were actually serious, either. You know, being as you are, once again, still practically a teenager, not to mention waaaaaaaaaaaaay the hell out in BFE, and all.

I'm sorry, I guess it boils down to I shouldn't have assumed you weren't just joking around.

Well dear, I was only serious because I assumed you were. But hey, you know what they say about assumptions. They make and ass out of me. But you know, what the fuck ever. I don't really care anymore. That might be because i'm drunk, and i'm sure that i'll feel like shit in the morning. But oh well. C'est la vie. I don't know why I thought you were different. I was sooooo wrong. Silly little me.

I agree LC, he could have said this over PM. But I guess he felt the need to not only hurt me but embarass the hell out of me as well.

PreatorX

Love Child said:
Oh my God! Thats the yummiest description I've ever heard of a cookie out of the oven. Sexy too.

Description is my forte my dear, and I aim to please. ;)

And I most deffinately agree with everything else you just said. I know that much suffering has been visited on one of the contributers to this thread. :( Things should have been handled in a much more sensative and careful way by another.

The Question

Eternal
Sorry, I didn't realize any dirty laundry had been aired. Someone asked, in public, what the nature of things between Mandi and I was, so I answered in the same place that was asked.

And yes, I realize that Mandi came to the wrong conclusion about how I viewed our friendship -- so, frankly, it was time to send a signal that could in no way be misinterpreted. Sometimes 'sensitive and careful' lacks the virtue of being clear.

PreatorX

Sometimes you really do have to be cruel to be kind.

By using somethings I like to call "sensativity" and "empathy" the need to be cruel can be avoided in the first place. You're simply telling yourself that so you don't feel guilty (or, you are if you have a conscience.) If you will kindly read the post by Love Child, you will find what you should have done. What you said in this thread should have been done through PM or, even better, over the phone.

What you've done is called "leading someone on," and then "humiliating them in public." If you can't see that you have deep emotional problems on par with being a psychopath.

Mandi

Jesus Christ, could you be anymore of an asshole? I wouldn't have "misinterpreted" had you been clear about your intentions. But, what can I say, you don't care about anyone but yourself anyways. So you and Laker_Slut would be the perfect fit. If you had any idea how much I hated you right now. But that's ok, I wouldn't want to be friends with a liar anyways. You don't give two shits about how badly you've hurt and embarrased me. But you know, that's ok. What goes around comes around, and believe me; It WILL come around. And kindly don't neg the people who actually care about me enough to stand up for me. But it's nice to finally see your true colors. I always knew there wasn't something quite right about the way you acted. And don't you DARE pin this on me, you led me on from the beginning. So you can go straight to hell. When I get to Phoenix, I hope I don't see you. If I do, I'll be spending the night in jail for breaking my hand on your face. Daniel, I hope you get shot again but this time I hope you die. And when you get to hell, I hope all the Nazis laugh in your face as they rape you and tell you how you're a fucking idiot for not believing they killed 6 million people. Anyone who can't believe that a historical event with so much evidence actually happened must be a complete idiot. So fuck you, and good night. Oh, and I'll be making use of the ignore button now.

Oh and P, he wouldn't have had the balls to tell it to me to my face. He has the emotional depth of the head of a pin.

The Question

Eternal
I'm not sure I get where the "leading on" was taking place. Calling you up -- because you asked me to -- when you were going through some hard times doesn't amount to going steady, or maybe that's just my "psychopathic" opinion. And vulgar jokes are not the same thing as intimacy. But you go right ahead and boil the bunny if it satisfies your obvious need for drama. :roll:

Mandi

Whatever, you want to come out of this looking shiny. That's your perogative. I appreciate the support, really I do. But I liked you, I told you so. You knew it. But you never said anything to discourage it. So fine, whatever. Have a nice life.

Mandi

You don't even care do you? You don't care that you've hurt me. You don't give two shits about how hurt I am that i've lost someone that I considered a good friend. But I guess you have too many friends, what's the loss of one.

The Question

Eternal
You know, I'm not going to be the bad guy just because I put off shutting down your crush until after your situation stopped coming down around your ears. It seems like you can barely deal with it now -- do you really think you could have dealt with it during all that other shit?

Mandi

No, you don't care. But that's ok. I'm used to disappointment. What do you want from me? Fine, it's all my fault. Everything is my fault. I'm just some stupid kid who doesn't know anything. I'm the one to blame for every single thing that's gone wrong. Is that better? Will that help you sleep better tonight?

The Question

Eternal
The fact is, I do care. I don't like to see anybody get hurt, but somebody else feeling hurt isn't going to suddenly make me interested in a relationship. In fact, that's exactly the experience and maturity thing right there, and it's the number one reason I don't get involved with women your age anymore. I've been there and done that, and I'm not going there or doing that again.

Mandi

Then why didn't you tell me that right from the beginning? Why didn't you tell me, I don't have any interest in you? I would have handled it better then, before I let myself think that there was anything. If you would have just told me, that would have saved me alot of fucking heartache.