Almost Human (KARL URBAN)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Well hell, guess I must have been drugged up or something because I thought it was fun.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well my friend did have a minor heart procedure earlier in the week, so maybe HE was drugged up. :D

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was okay! I liked the cyberpunk look of it all and the effects are good, better than Agents of SHIELD. I will hold off on passing judgement on the quality until I've seen a few episodes.

I am trying to think of something FUNNY to say about Karl and the negrobot and me in an epic SANDWICH but I am definitely too drugged up!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
It was ok. A decent mismatched buddy cop/sci-fi show. As long as it doesn't get stale predictable and fall into buddy cop cliches I think it has potential to make it at least a season or two.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The AV Club (with TERRIBLE NEW SITE DESIGN) gave it a C+ so I'll wait longer (and I have enough tv shows today.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
If it had anyone but Karl Urban I wouldn't have been impressed, as it does feel like it's retreading lots of previous series (Blade Runner of course, but also Caprica, of which it shares filming locations and actors).

But it did hold my attention, it shows signs of some original near future tech ideas and it did have a human warmth to it that tosh like Agents of Shield couldn't dream of. It's kind of scifi for the masses, I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, particularly once this first story concludes.

Must admit the good cop/black cop thing made me feel a bit uneasy, but to be fair, Urban's character treats all the androids like shit.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Drat - I missed it last night. Waiting for it to come on tonight.
If it is bad I will turn the sound down the sound and look over occasionally to catch sight of Keith Urban.
There will be robot cops in 35 years. What they will look like is the question.
How human do you want your robot to look?

CaptainWacky

I'LL ONLY WATCH IT IF FIVE PEOPLE TELL ME TO.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
AND ONE OF THEM HAS TO BE JETHRO (OR HIS UNIMATRIXCYCLE)

CaptainWacky

Or I could ask if there's any girls in it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The second episode was really good. SEXBOTS OKAY? But srsly, I think I'm going to love this show.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
KARL URBAN OPENING/CLOSING WINDOWS=GOOD ....So I'm in!

for the one season it lasts, of course.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Looking forward to seeing the second ep later.

WACKY YOU SHOULD WATCH IT

In the first ep there's only one girl regular cast member, but she's FCOTD-worthy (in my personal opinion of course), but maybe there are more in the second.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
MINKA KELLY! She's definitely FCOTD worthy. I don't remember if she's ever been on the list, but she COULD be.

CAPTAINWACKY COME ON THERE ARE SEXBOTS.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
The second episode was really good. SEXBOTS OKAY? But srsly, I think I'm going to love this show.

The second episode would have been better if the audio/bg music wasn't fucked up for like the first 15-20 minutes. Thank God for closed captioning.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I didn't notice any audio problems, maybe there was something wrong with the transmission to your area? OR SOMETHING?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I read some complaints about that on one of the things I was going to thingload, so thingloaded a different thing.

Anyway, as of episode 2 I'm totally SOLD and can't wait for next week's!!

This episode had a lot more life to it, I guess because it was free to just tell a story rather than pausing to let you know what the rules were. John and Dorian's relationship is really fun.

The giraffe was a nice little surprise.

"You're backed up..."

The sexbot showroom was the doctor's office in BSG where Laura Roslin got told she had cancer. I think it was used in V as the recruitment building for the kids as well.

CaptainWacky

I'll watch it later.