Almost Human (KARL URBAN)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
This was probably the episode that was meant to be 2nd instead of the one last week. OLIVE OIL.

I wish I had a sexy blued eyed robot friend.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WRONG CASSIE.. this was the 6th episode produced. Maybe they added the olive oil stuff later. WHO KNOWS. (someone knows, probably)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Maybe when I finally download them I can watch in the originally intended order!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
IN THE ORDER GOD INTENDED! :rwmad:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
This one wasn't quite so good storywise, but Karl Urban and Michael Ealy were in it so it was still entertaining. Does make you wonder what the rest of the episodes are like if they're showing ones like this when they're still at the stage of trying to reel in new viewers.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I liked the using- chewed- gum -to- hold -his- brain- in part, though.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I swear, whoever is penning this scripts have read the In Death books by JD Robb.

THAT'S ALL

BUT I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's so good visually too. It just looks REAL and makes me want a robot friend :rwmad:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
This weeks was Almost Breaking Bad. Did you guys see how much the dude at the beginning looked like Jesse Pinkman!? And he was talking about cooking drugs!

Anyway, it was an ok episode. In some ways the show feels a bit dated but it's fun. The fight near the end was a good example of that. Kinda cheesy, but not in a bad way.

From how much of a dick John was this week I'd guess it was episode 2 or 3?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
NO, it was 7, I think. The reviewer over at tv.com has a theory that perhaps the creator of the show got a little weird too soon or something, and that they wanted more standard cop procedural shows to ease people into it before getting off into the deep stuff. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it kind of makes sense.

I agree that the episode was only okay. It's still got the cool stuff I like, but I would like less Law and Order and more weird robot stuff. I did like it when that one dickish cop said "who asked the synthetic". They need to explore the robot racism, IMO!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Out of production order, shows do that sometimes. If it weren't for the internet, we'd never know it.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, they're showing them out of order so the main characters relationship keeps changing from stony dislike or disinterest to chummy banter and back again. Not clever.

CaptainWacky

Now you know how Apartment 23 fans felt!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG DORIAN HAS A PENIS!

Tisiphone

ROBOT SEX

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The case of the week was okay, but I really loved the tiny little snips of robot life they gave us. Like, the other robots are KEN DOLLS! John's reaction to seeing a naked one was good. I want more of that and less case of the weeks stuff! Also, I hope Dorian gets his own place. It's totally not fair that he has to live with the dumb robots. AND I hope Dorian gets a love interest, come on he has a dong, and feelings! He would be even better than Data.

OH and the last four episodes have been 105-108 in order (according to tv.com) and next week will be 103.

Tisiphone

I'm sure they're out there, but where are the OTP for Dorian and John? I know they're bound to be shipped, but I'm scared to look all it up....

CaptainWacky

I'll probably download this before the end of the year.