Almost Human (KARL URBAN)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked this one a lot. Perhaps it was a little too weird and that's why they aired them out of production order. I even thought the case of the week was cool.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I DOWNLOADED THE FIRST TWO EPISODES.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
YAY!!!

CaptainWacky

It's too bad Fuddlemiff's not alive to see this. :(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
RIP FUDDLEMIFF :rwmad:

(actually I think he is online and he hates us and is never posting here again)

CaptainWacky

It happens to everyone eventually!

Episode 1 - It was okay? The police plot was a bit boring. The guy playing the robot cop was good. And really human. I hope there's an explanation as to how he's so human. Having it only 35 years in the future makes it a bit hard to believed in. I also found Urban's character slightly disappointing as he never really showed much depth beyond "asshole cop with a TROUBLED PAST." But it was a decent pilot.

Episode 2 - This one was better. I liked the sexbots plot. The scene with robot and the sexbot dying was good. Urban was a bit better here too.

I'LL WATCH MORE.

CaptainWacky

Episode 3 - This episode was kind of meh. I liked the "bubblegum in your head" line but the plot wasn't all that interesting.

Episode 4 - This one was better. The stuff with Mackenzie Crook was quite amusing. Didn't really like the part with Urban torturing the guy then executing the corrupt police officer. Are we supposed to approve this behaviour?

Dorian acts so human that most of the time he might as well be a human with cybernetic implants.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Dorian is the most human of them all.

CaptainWacky

I HOPE THEY ADDRESS THESE ISSUES AT SOME POINT.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Me too! They do get a little more into the robot stuff eventually, but I don't know how far they're going to go. The last ep I watched had some DRN back story.

CaptainWacky

Episode 5 - This was probably the best episode yet. I liked that the story was much more science fiction-y (wth the clones and stuff) but also had more emotional involvement than previous weeks. The police captain lady (who looks really different from when she was in Six Feet Under) actually got something to do as well.

Episode 6 - I liked the stuff with the two Dorians. The main plot with the organs wasn't so good but I appreciated that it was science fiction and not just a normal police thing again.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
You're all caught up now!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Haven't seen the most recent ep but liked ep 5 (the naked bot made me lol). I'm hoping later episodes have a bit more depth to them as, while its never boring, it does feel very lightweight. I guess they don't want to scare people off who don't normally watch scifi.

Ps I'm alive! I moved into a new place and don't have the Internet because the Uk is like a third world country with this stuff.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think you will really like the last episode! ALSO GLAD YOU ARE ALIVE.

CaptainWacky

THE INTERNET SHOULD BE A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT.

When is the next episode on CASSIE?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
January 6th!

CaptainWacky

OKAY THAT'S NOT TOO LONG. I HOPE FUDDLEMIFF HAS AN INTERNET BY THEN.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I LIKE THIS SHOW

*waits for it to be cancelled*

CaptainWacky

They should add Summer Glau to the cast to save it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They need some female robots who aren't sexbots, or maybe they can be sexbots sometimes but not all the time. A police robot during the day and a hot sexbot at night.