Almost Human (KARL URBAN)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It does make more sense to have John give Minka (I can't remember the char name) his phone number now, instead of in the second episode.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
THE WALL? Have they ever mentioned the wall before?

Danika was a hot killer robot. I hope the show doesn't forget this episode and goes over the fucking wall at some point because that is so much more interesting than any shootout of the week thingy.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
People are saying THE WALL has been mentioned before but I certainly don't remember it being a big deal and there being nothing outside the city(?) Gina Carano is quite hot.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm thinking outside the wall is a bombed out wasteland. I do not every remember them mentioning the wall before, but maybe they did in passing?

CaptainWacky

Maybe JUDGE DREDD is outside the wall.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
My mom called me during the show, and she was asking me WHAT'S THE WALL AND ARE WE ALREADY SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS AKDJ;FLKAJS;DLKFJ;ASLKDJF;KLASJ;DFLKJ;SLDKFJKLASJD;FLKSAJ;F

The opening scene was extremely intense. Great episode through and through.

CaptainWacky

Oh, Rudy's sex references are getting a bit forced.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Dammit, this episode was about chromes (genetically modified IN THE WOMB humans) so it should have featured Valerie a lot more than it did, since she is a chrome :rwmad:

Anyway, it was a really good episode. John is seeing a memory doctor from a previous episode, I can't remember what he called the doctor. He's having flashbacks and he FINALLY let Dorian drive the car. The case of the week was interesting, but I hardly care about any case of the week. I just want more about their world.

They are still airing episodes out of order! I'm not sure how long it will be before they mention THE WALL again.

CaptainWacky

Yeah it seemed like a missed opportunity to give Minka Kelly more to do. Also it was jarring how Kennex was having flashbacks ten episodes in. And what happened to Rudy and Dorian living together? GRRRRR.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Still really like it but yeah, writers, get a little better focus, please!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
People are making cancellation noises :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

What do they sound like?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SQUAWK SQUAWK A SHOW YOU LIKE A LOT IS GOING TO BE CANCELED YOU'RE DELUDING YOURSELF IF YOU THINK IT ISN'T.

I think tv by the numbers says it's likely to be canceled. They've only made 13 episodes and haven't ordered anymore, but the ratings are okay, so maybe they just haven't told us yet. The ratings have taken a dive since the Olympics started. I WILL LIVE IN HOPE AND THEN BE CRUSHED.

CaptainWacky

They'll just cancel whatever replace it too, so why not just give it another season.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They are moving Bones to Monday at 8pm after Almost Human's season finale. Bones has already been renewed for another season :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

[youtube]YYh6YI3pXKE[/youtube]

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I saw the first one with THE WALL yesterday. It was good, but wtf do they think they're doing showing episodes in an order that actually makes them incomprehensible? I guess they explain what THE WALL is in the second part so you all know now, but they really should've stuck a VoiceOver or something in there to explain it. It's kind of hard to take seriously when everyone's saying "oh god, no, not THE WALL, anything but that!" With ultra serious expressions when we've never heard of it before.

I liked the Evangelion reference when they mentioned a woman in NeoTokyo named Ikari who worked in artificial intelligence.

CaptainWacky

*snort* I totally got that reference too!

(Googles...)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It's a reference to the main character's mother. You should check that show out some time. It's pretty much the best anime. (Countdown till Sausage says the best anime is something about bitchy posh girls...) A boy who has some social anxiety thing going on is pushed into saving the world, but he's not really too sure he wants to, nevermind whether he can.