Almost Human (KARL URBAN)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I watched the Chrome Club ep. Nice "bitcoin exchange" reference.

The twisty bit was quite obvious from the moment we saw her so I wasn't sure if it was really meant to be twisty for us or just him. Good idea though. Those poor, beautiful chromes who died for nothing. Also, did anyone else think he looked like the MX robots? Odd.

Loved the midget.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Does it say something about this show that I (of all people!) forgot to bump this thread yesterday after the finale? I was expecting something with THE WALL and the army of robots, but no, it was just another serial killer WITH A TWIST. Not as interesting as the last serial killer with a twist. Can 3D printers really not do feet? I don't know! The stuff with Dorian's evaluation was better. I hope it doesn't get cancelled but it probably will?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, I expected the season finale to be more exciting. I still hope it doesn't get cancelled but it probably will :rwmad:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I wonder how much Karl Urban costs and if he even wants to do another season, or just make an extra movie next year. :-/

CaptainWacky

If the movie's DREDD 2: DREDD TO THE FUTURE then...I don't know where I'm going with this.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I would like to know how much Karl Urban costs, I've got about $50 saved up!

CaptainWacky

We'd only be able to afford Mackenzie Crook.

CaptainWacky

But no one predicted we'd have mechanical pants in 2014. And we do.

CaptainWacky

CANCELLED. :rwmad:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
JERKFACES :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

It's a shame curiousa2z doesn't post here anymore and therefore will never know that it's been cancelled.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I saw Karl Urban's name and stopped caring because it wasn't about being in Dredd 2, which doesn't sound as if it will happen - which is fuckbeans, because the first was good, and made money.

CaptainWacky

Over at Dweebcast, they've been talking to producer Adi Shankar, who was one of the driving forces behind the much-loved Dredd movie. A week or two back, Dredd star Karl Urban revealed that there may be some behind the scenes progress happening on the project, but Shankar has injected a note of caution.

"I'm going to tread lightly here", he said. "I feel like Karl made a small statement and it got blown way out of proportion by news sites. Yeah, there are conversations going on", but crucially, "there's no fucking script".

Shankar says he's "leading the charge" for a new Dredd film, but has explained the difficulties he's up against. "The movie, it wasn't a studio movie, it was an independent movie. That changes the dynamic immensely, because every country has a different distributor who bought the movie, Every one of those distributors has to sign off".

So can we expect to see Dredd 2 anytime soon? "Big question mark. Dredd has built an audience over time", Shankar said, adding that "I'm a fan... I'm not like a douchebag in a suit who thought they could make a lot of money doing this. If anything, the movie business is in a state of decline, not an upswing".

Still a long shot, it seems, but as Shankar then notes, "The Mega City One universe, the 2000AD universe, it's so rich and so deep. Yes. I would obviously love to see a Dredd 2, or a Dredd TV series. There are so many avenues to go with this". Here's hoping he gets to explore them.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/dredd/30342/producer-adi-shankar-gives-dredd-2-update#ixzz30bnq1lha

Replace Almost Human with a Dredd tv series (except it would have to be on HBO or something to be good.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I recently started watching the old Total Recall 2070 series, which I'm pretty sure influenced the Almost Human people, because in the first episode the main character's partner is killed and he's given a sentient robot as a replacement.

It's all on this channel. http://youtu.be/wuR_yTKCnYI

CaptainWacky

Is it actually good? It doesn't sound like it would be good.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ive seen the first 3 and it is quite good. The stories are as varied as Almost Human's, but the whole thing has a very Blade Runner feel to it. It's more on the side of being dull than the side of being goofy, I guess.