Almost Human (KARL URBAN)

Does anyone do anything besides watch TV?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
We also talk about TV.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I once watched two tvs at once.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I did too - but of course one was a footie match.

CaptainWacky

I liked the holographic butlers.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Minka actually did get to do more this time!

CaptainWacky

People say she acts too cool to be a detective but isn't that because she's supposed to be genetically altered so she's kind of Vulcan like? Or am I just defending a pretty girl's acting because pretty.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't know. Those people's idea of how a lady detective should act is probably based on crappy Law & Order lady detectives.

curiousa2z

the notion of your own house turning on you was a nice touch of creepy...I think a trained Robot assassin would have broken the woman's neck instantly, though.
Course, then they couldnt rescue her in time.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
CHROMES ARE SNOBS!

John mentioned the wall in passing.

CaptainWacky

I loved the midget hiding inside the robot woman suit. He should be a main character.

FIRST RULE OF CHROME CLUB IS...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I would love it if the show went more to the quirky side like that more often. What's the use of having a futuristic show if you don't have midgets in fat lady robot suits?

CaptainWacky

EXACTLY!

So there's only one more episode and it's possibly the last one ever? :(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, still not renewed :(

A tv.com reviewer says it was always meant to be a 13 episode season, but THEN some other reviewer on tv.com said that the writer (can't remember his name) was probably hoping for a back 9 order and that is why the show didn't go into the mythology a little more, so I don't know which one to believe. I think I will go with the first guy because he seems to think the show will be renewed, since it's doing better than the other shows on Fox on Monday.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Last night I saw the one with the Sambots. That was weird because I thought the one with THE WALL OH GOD NOT THE WALL ANYTHING BUT THE WALL was a two parter. I guess we'll find out the result of the cliffhanger later this season.

Nice that Minka got stuff to do. She's not just a pretty face (she wears nice fitting sweaters too).

Displaying your private emails on a window seems a bit odd, even if you do have high garden walls.

I liked the idea of the house killing them, anyway. The Caprica City style virtual party was cool too. But I hope Karl Urban's cockney accent was bad on purpose.

The beast stuff in the episode was Mckenzie Crook's scenes, I thought. He's a bit underused, but I suppose there's only so much his character can realistic participate in.

curiousa2z

so it was the guy killing people for their parts on for us. last night. liked it a lot. SAD.

they better renew this show! :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

The producers should just say "we have a midget in a robot suit!" and the network will say "RENEWED!"