Almost Human (KARL URBAN)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
We need a robot bartender.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The case of the week was pretty standard crazy guy blows people up because he's crazy and they were jerks to him... but the stuff with John and Dorian was really great and made the episode worth watching. Yay, Dorian doesn't have to recharge with the Ken dolls anymore! But it sucks that he has to move in with the scientist guy (I can't remember his name yet).

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I like the sciency guy, and I hope they show a bit of them living together. Not like a day in the life of Dorian and the guy (or night in the life of), but little remarks here and there about the science guy maybe snoring or stuff like that. Lots of eye rolling.

And yes, it was pretty standard, but like Cassie said, the interactions were good. Loved when Dorian punched that asshole detective.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
ALSO OMG GAETA!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
The case of the week was pretty standard crazy guy blows people up because he's crazy and they were jerks to him... but the stuff with John and Dorian was really great and made the episode worth watching. Yay, Dorian doesn't have to recharge with the Ken dolls anymore! But it sucks that he has to move in with the scientist guy (I can't remember his name yet).
Rudy. Can't remember his last name.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I JUST WANT JOHN AND DORIAN TO BE ROOMMATES :rwmad:

Rudy is alright, but he's a stereotype. They should make him a more rounded character. Maybe they will.

CaptainWacky

I thought the episode was okay though I agree that the Dorian stuff was more entertaining than the main plot (which I think was a rip-off of some movie I haven't seen.)

Will Mika Kelly ever get anything to do other than smile snarkily at Karl Urban?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
enjoyed the punch. like Rudy - a bit of pathos built into his comments which mirror some things Dorian has expressed..interesting. Is it me, or is John acting like a warmer character (when he's not snarky) - his smiles seem wider and he seems much more patient than in the first eps.....has John mellowed because of Dorian. the bubble over the banker was pretty intense.

CaptainWacky

Obviously has love for Dorian has melted his frosty heart.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
There are Dorian and John shippers and fan art on Tumblr, of course.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm watching the one about the organ transplants which is pretty much the plot of the movie Repo Men. A bit blah.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Now I'm watching the one that's like the movie Bick was an extra in.

I liked it when they tasered a car to stop it.

CaptainWacky

Was Bick one of the guys posting "BLOW THE BITCH UP" on the internet?

CaptainWacky

Silence always means yes.

CaptainWacky

So this week's episode was originally going to be the second episode. That's why Kennex was more of a dick in this one, back to being mean to Dorian and shooting robots in the face. I also totally forgot about the evil girlfriend storyline. If I didn't know they changed the order of the episodes I'd have been confused! Also did they say Minka Kelly was genetically engineered to be hot? That makes sense.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought they were done showing the episodes out of order, but tv.com stopped reviewing them and that is where I was getting my episode order information SO I DON'T KNOW NOTHING.

Minka Kelly is really cute!

CaptainWacky

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I FORGOT TO SAY THIS

Dude....Gaeta is looking OLD

CaptainWacky

He's a silver fox.