Anticipation Thread for BDM's 2011 Awards Season Fashion Threads

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
OMG OMG OMG!

The Golden Globes start in less than 4 hours, and I'm preparing myself to somehow find Ricky Gervais as funny as the rest of the world tells me I'm supposed to. Even though the only thing he does each year is get drunk on camera and laugh at inappropriate times.

CAN'T WAIT FOR BDM TO TELL US WHO FRAMED THEIR BOOBIES THE BEST!

BDM: The Critics' Choice Movie Awards were on VH1 last night, if you want to do warm-up exercises in here. ;)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
No one likes Ricky Gervias anymore.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He is bombing miserably as host so far. He's told a lot of mean jokes about celebrities who are there, and the audience is just gasping.

Robert Downey Jr, just saved the night by calling Gervais out for being unfunny and mean-sprited, but he did it in a hilarious way, and the crowd erupted. I love that man. I'd do him dirty.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Green seems to be the "in" color.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dont know who she is, but I'd like to put my head there.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
08092131959326706829.jpg

I'm trying to like it...I'm really trying...

I Love Cunt

Watch It
He is bombing miserably as host so far. He's told a lot of mean jokes about celebrities who are there, and the audience is just gasping.

Robert Downey Jr, just saved the night by calling Gervais out for being unfunny and mean-sprited, but he did it in a hilarious way, and the crowd erupted. I love that man. I'd do him dirty.

I want to find video on that.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'M A GHEY. IT'S OUR JOB TO BE BITCHY AT RED CARPETS.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Didn't find Gervais'sses opening gambit at all funny, but mostly I'm just surprised he was invited back to host again. He's still popular?! Oh well, keeps him off British TVs for a while I suppose... Thankyou, USA!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Apparently it was his mission to piss everybody off all along...isn't that kind of sick? To accept the gig, and spend the time to rehearse and promote the event, all so he can deliberately be an asshole on live TV all over the world?

Ricky Gervais wants to get fired

By MIKE CIDONI Jan 16, 2011 02:38AM

LOS ANGELES — Ricky Gervais says he agreed to do a second turn as host of the Golden Globe Awards because he wants to do “a proper job” this time.

“I don’t think I went far enough,” continues the comic actor-director-writer-producer. “Obviously not, because they invited me back. So, I’m going to do it again, do a proper job. And I guarantee they will not invite me back.”

This year’s Globe contenders should provide Team Gervais with a bounty of comic fodder, including best-picture nominations for the much-maligned “The Tourist” and “Burlesque.”

“I honestly can’t wait to do it,” Gervais said. “I’m going to go out there, guns blazing, like it’s the end of the world.”

After all, the 49-year-old Gervais has little to lose, with what seems like projects at every network and studio in Hollywood. He reunites with frequent collaborator Stephen Merchant and “The Ricky Gervais Show” co-producer and co-star Karl Pilkington for the travel series “An Idiot Abroad,” a UK smash that will debut later this month stateside on Science Channel.

With that, prepare for this year’s Globes host to serve as a pitchman, too.

“I’m going to mention ‘An Idiot Abroad’ on Science,” Gervais said. “I’m going to mention ‘The Ricky Gervais Show’ returning on HBO. I’m going to mention I’m in the Muppet movie, ‘Wind in the Willows.’ Steve [Merchant] has got a fridge-freezer for sale.”

Gervais, a 2004 Golden Globe winner for starring in the original British version of “The Office,” promises he’ll never host the Globes again.

“You know I said that last time,” he replied. “I mean, who knows? I want to do either such a bad job I’m not invited back, or such a good job that I don’t want to do it again.

“That’s nice to do such a good job you don’t revisit it. It sounds arrogant and smug, but we thought that with ‘The Office’ and ‘Extras.’ We thought we put everything into it, and we can leave it there. So, I’d like to say I’m better the second time around. So, I should leave it there, if I do a good job or a bad job. I mean, but who knows? It’s once a year and it’s so much fun.”
He pissed off Tom Hanks. I guess he wants to work in the UK for the rest of his life.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
January Jones looks pissed off.

And I agree with Eggs...I'm really trying to find something nice to say about Natalies dress.

I liked Elisabeth Moss. She normally doesn't look all that great, but she kicked ass in that green dress.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
We talked about it live in chat as Cassie posted TWITPICS of the girls arriving. Anne Hathaway looked the best IMMHO.