Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Art for art's sake

Some manga images for Rommie...

manga.jpg

manga2.jpg

zeroman.jpg

^This last image is taken from my 1960 hardcover copy of "Zeroman." I can't read a lick of it, but it looks fun!

curiousa2z said:
Well, since I haven't had the luxury of visiting Spain and seeing the interiors of Gaudi's work, we'll have to leave that debate til ER gets back. I've certainly not read any where that Gaudi's interiors were "deplorable".

I have been inside and seen several of Gaudis interiors - I found none of them to be deplorable - some are a little simplistic and could even be considered rustic, which is not what you expect from the exterior - but his attention to detail is awesome - I do have some photos of simple things like doors - the way he uses glass makes them seem 'organic' - my favourite is wood and green glass - simply stunning, I'll see if I can find the photos :)

Better the devil you know, eh..?

I like that image a lot, Messiac. I have it in one of my demonology books...

I also like your Maguire "Dormammu" AV. ;) Very cool.

Let's throw some photographers into the mix.

Here's one of my favorite photographers. His name is Luigi Ghirri. He does mostly landscape photography. Interesting fact, he doesn't alter or crop his photos. He uses the entire photo on the negative. Great work.

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

GHIRRI%201.jpg

ghirriterra.jpg

ghirrinotte.jpg

These are mine. I took them at Mardi Gras in New Orleans this year. I shoot with a Nikon D50 digital SLR.

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

I can't believe the detailing on the costumes! Who won this year? :D

The skull mask and the hung - over girl in the jeans and lace are so evocative of Mardi Gras! I get a real feel for being out on the streets from this series of shots...but what's going on in the first scene with the fires going?
Good eye.