Better Call Saul

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I knew what he was supposed to have because I must've seen a documentary about it once, but its odd they just left it up to the audience to figure it out for themselves.

I didn't realise it was Saul's brother until last week, though. I thought it was his dad.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Actually I'm not sure why I thought he had cancer. It probably is the thing Menty linked to.

"Saul?"
"'s all good, man."

CaptainWacky

This week's one was still good, but the weakest of the five? I mean they spent like half the episode on Saul's over the top comedy cases. And they were funny but did they really need to take up so much time? The cliffhanger was a bit...muted as well (and if you didn't watch Breaking Bad you'd probably wonder why they keep showing Mike.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'll probably watch it tonight -- now that RuPaul's Drag Race is back, that's my Monday 9PM viewing for the time being, so I'll be catching up with Saul the next day.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I didn't really get the significance of the cliffhanger. Have we seen those cops before? One looked familiar, but maybe I've just seen the actor in other things?

Was the girl he was watching his daughter? I know there was a 'thing' regarding her in Breaking Bad. I think the story is going to move forward for a bit to set up that story line and how Mike and Jimmy (Saul) allied themselves.

CaptainWacky

I don't think we were supposed to know who the guy at Mike's door was. And yeah I assumed it was his daughter. He had a grandaughter he wanted to provide for in Breaking Bad but I don' think he got to see her often.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It's clear Mike is totally broke and is about to need a lawyer so that looks like the obvious setup here. It was the weakest of the 5 but still decent. Anyone know how many episodes the first season is commissioned for?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
First season is supposed to be 10 episodes, and they already ordered a second season of 13 eps for early 2016.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
That's a good take on things. I'll try not to look at my phone next time there's a scene like that.

CaptainWacky

I hate anyone who can't pay attention to a tv show (including myself.)

CaptainWacky

Well we got all the questions we ever had about Mike answered at last!

CaptainWacky

Betsy Kettleman was kind of hot, right?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
She reminds me of Alison in Orphan Black.

Good episode. I liked the ten minute snooping scene with snooping music.

CaptainWacky

It was good snooping music.

CaptainWacky

"I'm at the opera."