Black People in the News

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
2my6ik.jpg

Oerdin

Yawn. If your only examples go back half a century or more then a century you lose. Current laws not ancient history.

jack

Yawn. If your only examples go back half a century or more then a century you lose. Current laws not ancient history.
Don't be an asshole. Or do more research. That 1893 law is STILL current. As in it has teeth and it's still used institutionally to disenfranchise blacks.

You lose :bigass:

Oerdin

Then challenge it in court and get it thrown out. Personally, I have no problem with removing the voting rights from felons and if it effects blacks more than whites it is just because there are more black criminals. Lesson to be learned? Don't be a fucking criminal.

jack

I don't have an issue with institutional racism. It's a tenet our country is founded on.

Whites have always been racist to other races. Native Americans were the first when we showed up from England and then the blacks which we used to build the new nation.

Currently it's also Chinese, Latinas of all types and Muslim's. We hate and try to subjegate everyone.

In our DNA I guess. But US being the ones oppressed. Quite a stretch in any flavor.

jack

Crime analysts say Black people make up the majority of murder victims in NOLA; leaders chime in​

NEW ORLEANS —
Statistics show African Americans make up the majority of New Orleans, at about 60 percent.

Still, crime analysts say African Americans have been extremely over represented as victims of murder for decades. Accounting for at least 80%.

"The reality is up to 92% of the victims are African American," said Peter Scharf, a professor at the LSU School of Medicine.

"If you line up 100 Black folk — most of them Black men — and someone said, 'Out of all these people lined up, being faced with violence, only eight percent have a chance to live.' Wouldn't you look at it like, 'That is an emergency, man'?" said Oliver Thomas, a councilman of District E.

Councilman Thomas said years of systematic racism and the lack of resources are just some of the factors.

"Why do we not resource this group? Why have we not focused on this group? Is it because it's Black men? Because we do not focus on the group, we see Black women, Black girls and Black children also becoming victims," Thomas said.

"I think in our community, there is a consistent lack of resources and lack of knowledge about the resources we do have," said Ray Bender, the owner of The Hangout NOLA. "It's unfortunate."

jack

jack

The Question

Eternal
Well, DeSantis just shot himself in the foot with that, since it targets Cuban immigrants, and Cuban immigrants are some of the biggest GOP-hardliners in the entire country.
Amazing, isn't it, how people who fled from Communism end up becoming Republicans when they get here? It's almost like they're saying, "FUCKIN' NOPE!"

The Question

Eternal
Whites have always been racist to other races.
And other races have always been racist to each other. Calling out whites as if they're unique in that regard is, ironically, pretty damned racist.

jack

And other races have always been racist to each other. Calling out whites as if they're unique in that regard is, ironically, pretty damned racist.
LOL Just stating facts.

The Question

Eternal
LOL Just stating facts.
Sure, but you left some pretty damned pertinent facts out. Good thing I'm here to keep the table balanced, huh?

jack

Sure, but you left some pretty damned pertinent facts out. Good thing I'm here to keep the table balanced, huh?
Yeah, I don't know what I'd do without you LOL

The Question

Eternal
Yawn. It is amazing how much the left lies.
They have to. They have to. Because the truth -- as in, measurable facts, quantifiable data -- is not on their side, and they know it.

Oerdin

Well, DeSantis just shot himself in the foot with that, since it targets Cuban immigrants, and Cuban immigrants are some of the biggest GOP-hardliners in the entire country.

They are citizens and so can own farmland with in 20 miles of a military base. It only effects foreign nationals or non legal residents.

The Question

Eternal
They are citizens and so can own farmland with in 20 miles of a military base. It only effects foreign nationals or non legal residents.
IOW, it's meant to keep the Chi-Coms from buying up all our farmland so they can ransom our food supply.

jack

IOW, it's meant to keep the Chi-Coms from buying up all our farmland so they can ransom our food supply.
No, it's institutionalized racism by old white men against perceived "enemies"

The Question

Eternal
Like, for example, the Chi-Coms buying up all our farmland so they can ransom our food supply.