Black People in the News

Oerdin

This was actually good and thought provoking. Here is a black guy who is not a conservative but who was very successful at a young age writing and performing music as well as writing and performing in movies. Yet the left wants him cancelled for pointing out the soft on crime policies of the left harm honest black folks the most.

The Question

Eternal
They misspelled 'n*****' -- and we know it was a n***** because they're cowards, and only a coward shoots a man in the back.
Really? That's what we're doing now, algorithm-editing the word 'nlgger'? The big, bad, tough and oh, so "Legendary" Troll Kingdom is now a "thafe thpace", is it? When are the staff going to get around to slapping a "trigger warning" on the Archives?
200.gif

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Carlee Russell charged with making false statements to police in 'hoax' disappearance​

Carlee Russell, the Alabama woman who told police she was kidnapped after she went missing for two days, was arrested on Friday and charged with two misdemeanors for making false statements to police, Hoover Police Department Chief Nicholas Derzis announced during a press conference on Friday.

"The story open wounds for families whose loved ones really were victims of kidnappings," Derzis said.

He added that he shares in the "frustration" that Russell was only charged with misdemeanors and said that he is calling on an "enhancement" to be added to the law.

"Existing laws only allowed the charges that were filed to be filed," he said.

Russell was charged with two class A misdemeanors that are each punishable with up to one year in prison -- false reporting to law enforcement authorities and falsely reporting an incident, Derzis said.

Lane Tolbert, chief assistant district attorney at the Jefferson County District Attorney's Bessemer Division office, told ABC News on Thursday that prosecutors advised police on "what we think the charges should be," but said that charges would be filed by the Circuit Clerk of Jefferson County, Bessemer Division's office.

According to Tolbert, each of the charges that Russell is facing are class A misdemeanors in Alabama and punishable by up to one year in prison.

Asked about the charges on Friday by ABC News, a spokesperson for the circuit clerk's office declined to comment.

The announcement comes after prosecutors confirmed to ABC News on Thursday that they discussed potential charges against Russell with the Hoover Police Department after the 25-year-old admitted through a statement from her attorney on Monday that she made up the whole thing.

Derzis told reporters during a press conference on Monday that Russell's disappearance was a "hoax" and read a statement provided to police by Russell's attorney, Emory Anthony, acknowledging that "there was no kidnapping."

"My client has given me permission to make the following statement on her behalf. There was no kidnapping on Thursday, July 13th 2023. My client did not see a baby on the side of the road. My client did not leave the Hoover area when she was identified as a missing person. My client did not have any help in this incident. This was a single act done by herself," the statement as read by Derzis said.

"We ask for your prayers for Carlee as she addresses her issues and attempts to move forward. Understanding that she made a mistake in this matter, Carly again, asks for your forgiveness and prayers," the statement continued.

Before her disappearance Russell called 911 on July 12 at around 9:30 p.m. ET to report a toddler on Interstate 459 in Alabama, but the Hoover Police Department said in a press release last week that investigators have not found any evidence of a child walking on the side of the road. According to Derzis, Russell also told police after she returned home on July 15 that she was taken by a male and a female when she stopped to check on the toddler that she reported on the highway.

Hoover police met with Anthony earlier this week to discuss the case.

ABC News reached out to Anthony and Russell's family for comment on the charges.

Derzis said during a press conference on July 19 that Russell searched for Amber Alerts and the movie "Taken" on her phone before her disappearance.

Russell also made searches related to bus tickets in the hours before she went missing, Derzis said.

"Taken," the 2008 movie starring Liam Neeson, centers around a young woman who is abducted and the quest to save her from her kidnappers.

"There were other searches on Carlee's phone that appeared to shed some light on her mindset," Derzis said, adding he would not share them out of privacy.

Asked about the charges on Friday by ABC News, a spokesperson for the circuit clerk's office declined to comment.

Oerdin

I have to say the black driver did everything right (well, other than running a red light). He responded immediately to what the officers said, was respectful, and honest without offering any resistance. Sadly, some other random black guy, who was not even involved with the traffic stop decided to open fire at the cops and got himself wasted as a result.

I am sure we will hear from "advocates" that the gunman was a "good boy who was just about to turn his life around" then his toxic single mother on welfare will release his 6th grade graduation photo despite him being almost 30. The family race hustling lawyer will then declare the police are racist for not letting him shoot them.

Good shooting by the cops.

Oerdin

The gunman is pretty clearly drunk or high and just shooting in a general area (honestly, that is par for the course among the low I.Q.) but any reasonable person has to think you start shooting off a bunch of shots around police then they are going to respond to an active shooter.

A good day for Darwin. Hopefully the dumb ass hadn't bred yet but...

jack

Not One 8th Grade Student From LeBron James' I Promise School Has Passed A Math Test Since 2020​

AA1ewelu.img

• Students from LeBron James' I Promise school seem to be struggling academically.
  • The 8th-grade class hasn't passed a math test in the last 3 years.
  • School board members from Akron, Ohio are concerned about the results.
One of LeBron James' greatest facets is his philanthropic nature. James has made a conscious effort to give back to his community. Perhaps his most important project is the 'I Promise' school which provides education for underprivileged children from minority communities. But a recent story reveals some concerns about the school.
A recent report revealed that students from the 8th grade of the I Promise school have not passed the Ohio state math test in several years. One board member questioned how that could be possible, as it is highly unusual for children in their age group to have such poor results.
"Not one? In three years?... It is discouraging."

It should be noted that the school's goal is to serve as an intervention for the lowest-performing students in the state, but this result is unusual. On top of that, some of the largest demographics in their school are performing far below state levels. Akron, Ohio public school board president shared his concern too.

"For me as a board member, I just think about all the resources that we're providing. And I just, I'm just disappointed that I don't think, it doesn't appear like we're seeing the kind of change that we would expect to see."

LeBron James has consistently spoken about how much the 'I Promise' school means to him, and how he wants to give back. Last year, a little after the end of the NBA season, James took time away from his schedule and made an appearance there to surprise the students on campus.

James' friends have also supported the endeavor. Global superstar Drake donated $1 million to the school last year, even stating that he wanted to come down and deliver the money himself.

Hopefully, for the sake of the students, the administration of the 'I Promise' school can navigate the issues they're facing and improve the test results of their students.

jack

Dindu Nuffin

363820554_10232407327185382_5650263039524031308_n.jpg

Oerdin

Sadly, nothing meaningful ever happens so the criminals just keep committing crimes. Why weren't there hate crimes charges against them for attacking an elderly Asian man?