Black People in the News

The Question

Eternal
In other "Black People In The News" news, "pop star Lizzo" threatens to quit music and go into isolation on a farm if people don't stop pointing out how ROLY-POLY FUGGIN' OBEASTLY she is.

Makes sense. Why stand in line with the other sows and niglets at "Mick-Donnoh'z" when you can just INHALE A FUCKING HERD OF COWS ON THE HOOF.

StarMan™

I have never listened to Lizzo. Certainly not intentionally. I shall google her music to see if I've heard any of her tracks before.

"lizzo most popular song"

Truth Hurts

I am ... 40 seconds in. Okay, jumped to the 2 minute mark.... okay, no. God no.

Try another one. Good As Hell.

Ah this - I have heard this one several times over the years. Yeah - fuck. Sure as shit never liked that song.

She's a big mamma. It's unhealthy, not empowering.

The Question

Eternal
She's a fucking sow. Yeah, that's right -- a female pig. The word is: obeast. Not merely 'obese' -- but obese to the extremity at which it is beastly.

But that's what happens to people who grow up in a culture which renders them totally incapable of telling themselves, "No."

"No, I'm not going to steal this bike, I'll earn the money to buy one of my own."

"No, I'm not going to tell this lie, there's no reason for me to and nobody's going to believe it."

"No, I'm not going to keep eating, I'm full."

Synaesthesia

And another thang....

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Amazing, isn't it, how people who fled from Communism end up becoming Republicans when they get here? It's almost like they're saying, "FUCKIN' NOPE!"
You see the same thing with kids who grew up under Evangelical parents and who become militant atheists later in life. It's a thing about human psychology - when you grow up under an oppressive regime, you tend to distance yourself as far from it as possible... even if that sometimes means taking up positions that are just as extreme and harmful as the ones you fled from, but in the opposite direction. Horseshoe Theory in action.

Oerdin

IOW, it's meant to keep the Chi-Coms from buying up all our farmland so they can ransom our food supply.
Partially. It also has to do with the Communist Chinese buying property near military bases then installing spying equipment. It is a genuine problem.

Oerdin

In other "Black People In The News" news, "pop star Lizzo" threatens to quit music and go into isolation on a farm if people don't stop pointing out how ROLY-POLY FUGGIN' OBEASTLY she is.

Makes sense. Why stand in line with the other sows and niglets at "Mick-Donnoh'z" when you can just INHALE A FUCKING HERD OF COWS ON THE HOOF.
Something tells me she will find farm work to be to physically demanding.

The Question

Eternal
Like, for example, the Chi-Coms buying up all our farmland so they can ransom our food supply.

Oh, and hey, here's a fun thought: Now that we know how careful they are with deadly pathogens, how would you like them producing the food you eat?

The Question

Eternal
Something tells me she will find farm work to be to physically demanding.
I can't see her doing anything more strenuous than standing around grazing with the rest of the cattle. Or... eating the cattle.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Victims, suspect identified after Huguenot High School graduation shooting in Virginia​

A brand new Huguenot High School graduate and his stepfather were fatally shot when gunfire erupted at a graduation ceremony in Richmond, Va., police said.

The suspect, identified as 19-year-old Ameri Ty-John Pollard, watched the high school’s senior class receive their diplomas on Tuesday at Atria Theater. After the ceremony, Pollard allegedly retrieved a gun from his car and then made his way to the nearby Monroe Park, located at the heart of the Virginia Commonwealth University campus, where many graduates and their families had begun to congregate.

Richmond interim police Chief Rick Edwards said hundreds of people had streamed from the theater into the park by the time the shooter returned and then unleashed at least 8 rounds of gunfire.

Amari Ty-Jon Pollard, 19, of Henrico, was charged with the murder of two people after a Richmond high school graduation at the Altria Theater on June 6.

Amari Ty-Jon Pollard, 19, of Henrico, was charged with the murder of two people after a Richmond high school graduation at the Altria Theater on June 6. (Richmond City Jail)
Killed in the shooting were Huguenot High School graduate Shawn Jackson, 18, and his father, Renzo Smith, 36.

“I didn’t know Shawn, but I shook his hand and wished him congratulations about 20 minutes before he died,” Richmond Public Schools Superintendent Jason Kamras said during a Wednesday news conference. “Those who did know Shawn described him as bubbly and the life of the party.”

Edwards told reporters that Pollard and Jackson knew each other and had an “ongoing dispute.”

“This was targeted at one individual,” Edwards said, noting that authorities at this time do not believe the violence was gang-related.

Flowers are placed in front of the Altria Theater which was the site of a mass shooting after a graduation ceremony, Wednesday, June 7, 2023, in Richmond, Va.

Flowers are placed in front of the Altria Theater which was the site of a mass shooting after a graduation ceremony, Wednesday, June 7, 2023, in Richmond, Va. (Steve Helber/AP)
Five people were also wounded in the shooting, including a 31-year-old who remained hospitalized on Wednesday with life-threatening injuries, WTVR reported. Four others — a 14-year-old male, a 32-year-old male, a 55-year-old male, and a 58-year-old male — suffered what were described as non-life-threatening injuries.

Another 12 were injured amid chaos caused by the fear and panic prompted by the shooting. Among those hurt was Jackson’s 9-year-old sister, who was struck by a car as she attempted to flee. She received treatment and has since been released from the hospital, according to WRIC.

People scatter from a shooting scene as police arrive Tuesday, June 6, 2023, in Richmond, Va.

People scatter from a shooting scene as police arrive Tuesday, June 6, 2023, in Richmond, Va. (John Willard/AP)
Two people were also treated for falls and nine people were treated for anxiety and minor injuries at the scene, police said.

Pollard was arrested shortly after the shooting came to an end. Police said he stayed in the area and surrendered without further incident. He was arraigned Wednesday morning on two counts of second-degree murder and ordered held without bail. He’s due back in court on June 21.

The Question

Eternal
It's long overdue that America had a national conversation about common sense farm equipment regulations.

jack

Carlee Russell admits there was no abduction. Experts say the saga puts 'real' missing Black women at risk.​

AA1eiyQT.img

Carlee Russell, the Alabama woman who went missing earlier this month after she reported seeing a toddler walking along the interstate, admitted to police Monday that she was not kidnapped and there was no child on the side of the road walking alone before she vanished for two days.

Russell’s admission, which ends a near two-week saga filled with more questions than answers, came in a statement through her attorney, Emory Anthony, and was sent to Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis early Monday.

In a brief press conference Monday afternoon, Derzis read the statement in which Russell asked for forgiveness.

“My client apologizes for her actions to the community, the volunteers who were searching for her, to the Hoover Police Department and other agencies, as well as to her friends and family,’' Anthony wrote. “We ask for your prayers for Carlee as she addresses her issues.”

As doubt grew around the Russell case, many critics have highlighted the twisted irony in the widespread coverage and resources devoted to Russell’s safe return that have been nonexistent for thousands of other missing Black women.

“This was really the first case that went viral of a missing Black woman or young girl,” Natalie Wilson, co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation, told Yahoo News.

Russell’s safe return after she vanished for 49 hours was initially celebrated as a rare victory. But as more evidence was made public last week — including a number of revealing Google searches she made on her cellphone in the days and hours leading up to her disappearance about an abduction movie and the cost of Amber Alerts — many questioned whether a crime took place at all.

Now that the new details reveal Russell was never abducted, advocates want to keep the momentum on finding other missing Black women and girls.

“We just have to keep moving,” Wilson said.

Derzis added that based on the facts announced last week, the department “knew it was a hoax” and said possible charges would be discussed with the local district attorney’s office on Tuesday.

In the U.S., Black women and girls are missing at an alarming rate.

In 2022, Black women and girls accounted for approximately 18% of all missing persons cases in the U.S. despite making up just 7% of the population, according to data from the National Crime Information Center and the U.S. Census Bureau. Of the more than 546,000 people reported missing last year, Black women and girls accounted for nearly 98,000 of those cases.

And, according to experts, most of the missing cases receive little to no attention at all.

In a 2016 study titled “Missing White Women Syndrome,” attorney and legal scholar Zach Sommers found that when Black people are missing, their disappearance is covered with far fewer stories than that of people in other demographics.

“At any given time, there are tens of thousands of Americans categorized as ‘missing’ by law enforcement,” Sommers wrote. “However, only a fraction of those individuals receive news coverage, leading some commentators to hypothesize that missing persons with certain characteristics are more likely to garner media attention than others: namely, white women and girls.”

AA1e5HqX.img

That’s why critics say the growing holes in Russell’s story only make it harder for others.

“I think people are always looking for an excuse not to care about these types of stories involving Black women,” Amara Cofer, the creator and host of "Black Girl Gone," a podcast that highlights missing Black women and girls, told Yahoo News. “It's sad that after so much time of wanting stories of missing Black women to get this type of attention, the story that does end up getting it is essentially a hoax.”

Eric Guster, a Birmingham, Ala.-based former criminal defense lawyer and civil litigator, called the unraveling of Russell’s story a “setback.”

“In the criminal justice system, whenever you have [kidnapping] stories like this, it makes convictions harder to achieve because the juror will remember this fake one,” he said. “And that would be in that person's mind.”

For decades, advocates have aimed to put the overwhelming number of missing Black women and girls in the forefront, and they say one possible bluff will not derail that progress.

“I know people are angry, they're disappointed, they're frustrated, but they cannot turn a blind eye to the families that are desperately searching for their missing loved ones,” Wilson said, noting that many of these disappearances stem from a wide range of causes, from human trafficking to domestic violence to mental health incidents.

"Even if this case is, in fact, not a legitimate case of someone missing, this is still a very important issue, and Black women still need the type of attention that this young woman got," Cheryl Neely, a sociology professor at Oakland Community College in Michigan, told USA Today.

Since Russell returned home, her boyfriend, Thomar Latrell Simmons, has asked the public to consider her mental health.

“I know what it seems like she did. Just stop bullying on social media,” Simmons told the New York Post. “Think about her mental health. She doesn’t deserve that. She doesn’t. Nobody deserves to be cyberbullied.”

AA1dYQti.img

However, for many, more questions remain.

Derzis says authorities are still uncertain about Russell's motive, "I wish I could tell you, but I think only Carlee knows, and maybe now her attorney,” he said during the press conference on Monday. "We still don’t know about those 49 hours, where she was, did she have any help, we have no idea.”

More than $63,000 that was donated to Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama to aid in Russell’s search will not be returned to donors, the organization announced Monday.

“This investigation is still ongoing, and accordingly, there is no basis to refund any contributions at this time,” the company said in a statement to Al.com. “Furthermore, the Hoover Police Department has not requested for any donor contributions to be released or refunded.”

But advocates for missing Black women say the public deserves an explanation.

“This has the potential to retraumatize those families [of missing Black women], and the crying-wolf syndrome may lead many to not believe the very next occurrence,” Chad Dion Lassiter, a social worker and executive director of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, told Yahoo News.

While the public still has a slew of unanswered questions, advocates say they are prioritizing Black women and girls who are actually missing.

“I’m glad that Carlee has admitted that the kidnapping was a hoax. I know a lot of people still want to know why she did it, but now that we know it was a lie, hopefully we can all move on and begin to put the energy people had for Carlee into the Black women and girls that are really missing,” Cofer said.

jack

'All of them got their guns pointed directly to me': Black man mauled by police dog called 911 during Ohio traffic stop​

A 23-year-old Black man who was mauled by a police dog in Ohio after surrendering with his hands up appeared to tell a 911 dispatcher that he didn't know why he was being pulled over or why troopers had their guns drawn.

“Right now I’m being chased by like 20 police officers and they all got their guns pointed directly to my truck,” a man police believe to be Jadarrius Rose told the dispatcher during the 2-minute call, which was released Monday. “So now I’m trying to figure out why they got their guns all pointed to me and they’re all white people.”

Rose was pulled over during the July 4 weekend in Circleville, Ohio, because the semi-truck he was driving “was missing a left rear mud flap,” according to an incident report from the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Following a pursuit, Rose stood outside his vehicle with his hands raised when a Circleville police officer instructed his K9 to attack. A trooper with the Ohio State Highway Patrol could be heard in a body camera video of the incident advising against releasing the dog because Rose had surrendered.

The 911 caller, believed to be Rose, also says that the troopers "exploded" the tires on his truck, which he was driving to a delivery point. (He was referring to tire-deflating devices called "stop sticks" that troopers deployed in an attempt to stop Rose's truck.)

"And it's not even my truck, I'm just driving to my delivery point," he said. "All of them got their guns pointed directly to me."

The dispatcher advises the caller to "listen to what the officers are telling you."

"They ain't told me nothing, they ain't told me nothing," the caller said. "I don't know why they're pulling me over."

The dispatcher tells the caller to roll his window down.

"I did that the last time and all of them had their guns pointed at me. You think I feel safe?" the caller said.

The caller is then instructed to put both his hands out of the window, then open his door with his left hand showing. The call ends shortly after.

Rose was traveling westbound on U.S. Route 35 when a Motor Carrier Enforcement inspector and troopers with the Ohio State Highway Patrol tried to pull him over. When Rose failed to stop, troopers deployed the stop sticks on his vehicle twice before it came to a stop on U.S. Route 23.

After he was ordered several times to get out of the vehicle, Rose can be seen on the body camera video standing in front of troopers with his hands in the air.

That's when a Circleville police officer, identified as “R. Speakman,” deploys his K9 and instructs the dog to attack Rose.

“Do not release the dog with his hands up!” a trooper can be heard yelling multiple times before Speakman releases the dog.

Body camera video then appears to show the dog biting and pulling Rose by his arm as he screams loudly.

Although Circleville police vehicles have dashboard cameras and officers are meant to wear body cameras, Circleville Mayor McIlroy said he does not know if Speakman had one on during the incident.

Speakman was placed on paid administrative leave around five days ago, McIlroy told NBC News.

When asked why Speakman wasn’t immediately placed on leave following the incident, McIlroy said, “I cannot answer that question.”

“Nothing like this should ever happen to anybody…. It’s just a very unfortunate situation,” he said.

This isn't the first time Speakman's conduct is under review, according to McIlroy. The officer was investigated in connection with another incident approximately within the past two years.

A use of force review board is reviewing the incident, according to the Circleville Police Department. The board’s findings will be released next week.

McIlroy said he understood how people could be concerned about race factoring into the officer’s actions but adds “… we do not have any racial problems here in the city of Circleville.”

He called the community “all inclusive" and "a great place to live, a great pace to raise your family, a great place to send your kids to school.”

Oerdin

So what? He fucked around and he found out. Next time actually pull over, don't go on a high speed chase endangering the general public, comply with officers when they tell you to exit the vehicle, do not physically attack officers and resist arrest.

Oerdin

There are three cops on thia video, two females and one male, but only the male seems to be doing anything useful. The first female does little more than grab the criminals ankle while getting her gun taken away from here, the second female takes forever to get taser out yet just stands there not doing anything, while the male officer is pretty much forced to fight off the criminal alone. We really should rethink the whole females are just as good as males for all jobs thing.