Community (season 3 on)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
And being such a big Cougar Town fan, he'd know about Cougarton Abbey. I HAVE DESTROYD THAT WHOLE SUBPLOT, SORRY (it doesn't matter really.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
We don't always hear about the shows our shows spinoff from until MUCH LATER. SOMETIMES. I'd never heard of Cougarton Abbey, but I'm not a Cougar Town fan EITHER.

Maybe they had to use a fake Doctor Who for copyright reasons?

CaptainWacky

Sarah Silverman used to hurt his feelings.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Maybe one of her notes read "hey Dan, don't be such a freakasaurus!"

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I LIKED THIS EPISODE.

I would totally marry Britta but she's probably against marriage so we'd just be in a long term relationship where we make hats for her cats and turn things into snakes.

A dream life.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was a fun episode. Britta is super cute and I would support the Tomtrek/Britta combo.

Alison Brie and Joel McHale have great chemistry, I hope they DO IT eventually.

CaptainWacky

It's LEGO, not "Legos"!

"Get your number four stink off this, Todd."

"Veronica! It was me who dragged her into this!"

Is John Goodman coming back or what?

Annie or Britta watch: Annie was looking very boobs but then Britta's face in the last scene was really good. So, let's call it a penis (draw.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I like the wacky episodes as much as the ones that are more LESS WACKY.

CaptainWacky

Keep it on the Dean low.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think he might be GAY. :shock:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Even though the basic plot was the same as every other week (that group has more arguments than Lonaf) it was still the best episode for ages imo. Loads of great one liners, Todd DID have a weird head, and while it still seems like they can't figure out what to do with Chang and the detective noir setting has been parodied in lots of other shows it was still hilarious and very well observed.

CaptainWacky

"I had to think fast..."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
(Finally saw it)

I dunno, I think this episode was held together with scotch tape and spit. I know that the show in general is open to having different styles/devices each week etc., but I wasn't as thrilled with this one. Sometimes the half-hour flies by, and sometimes I'm watching it thinking "How the hell are they going to milk this little idea into 30 minutes of semi-cohesive story?" That was the case this week. When they manage to do it well, it's brilliant and it's why I love this show. But I didn't like how the Todd story was stretched out, and I wasn't in the mood to laugh at his misfortune and how cold and selfish they were all being to the guy. Do they really have to be this awful just to get laughs?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, they were all dicks. I thought it was odd that we were left with the impression that they were all terrible people, rather than merely being nice people who are flawed. But the Dean and Chang's thinking at eachother made up for the study group's less interesting story for me.

CaptainWacky

Well, we were obviously supposed to think they were dicks at the end. They're the mean clique from the point of view of others. I think the season long story could be about external forces trying to destroy the group. Like Tood and the Asian Annie and other charcters who will appear. Then Chang will save them with his police skills. Or something.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Mm, I caught the line about them being the mean group, I was just surprised no one came along and gave a speech about them being inherently nice people who just get things wrong sometimes. You know, something schmalzy like that.

CaptainWacky

Everyone always thinks the popular group are dicks (BECAUSE THEY ARE.)