Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

I am THISCLOSE to making a Shirley av because SHE DON'T DESERVE DA HATE. :rwmad:

In other news:

'Community's' Gillian Jacobs Stars in New Indie Movie (Exclusive Trailer)

Published: October 16, 2011 @ 5:56 pm
By Daniel Frankel

"Community" star Gillian Jacobs seems to have the whimsical ensemble-comedy box thoroughly checked.

Her upcoming indie film "Let Go" is about to make the festival rounds, starting at Austin Oct. 22, followed by screenings at the Savannah Film Festival (Oct. 31 and Nov. 3) and the Virginia Film Festival (Nov. 6).

In the comedy about love and loss from first-time filmmaker Brian Jett, Jacobs stars as one of several parolees under the oversight of depressed officer Walter, played by David Denman, best known for playing Jenna Fischer's pre-Jim Halpert love interest on NBC's "The Office."

Veteran comics Ed Asner and Garrett Morris round out the ensemble cast, as does comedian Kevin Hart, whose concert movie, "Laugh at My Pain," has grossed a rather spectacular $7 million over the last month playing in limited release.

[YOUTUBE]eLhDz70yUek[/YOUTUBE]

Good news/bad news:

Community Scoop: 3rd Rock's French Stewart Cast as… French Stewart?!

October 19, 2011 12:15 PM PDT

French Stewart has landed a role one might say he was born to play: French Stewart!

TVLine has learned that the 3rd Rock from the Sun alum has landed a guest spot on NBC’s Community as a man named Vincent, who our sources describe as “the best French Stewart celebrity impersonator of all time.” Apparently, Abed (Danny Pudi) finds himself literally indebted to Vincent (who runs a celeb impersonator business) after he becomes addicted to re-enacting movie scenes with celebrity lookalikes over winter break.

As TVLine previously revealed, the Greendale gang has to help Abed get back in the green by posing as various lookalikes at a celeb-themed Bar Mitzvah. (Or as Community dubs it, a “Starmitzvah.”)

Stewart’s episode is slated to air in January.
10 Bubble Shows — Which Will Survive?

2. Community (NBC)
Thursdays at 8/7c

The Good News: The critical darling has earned enough respect to lure some heavyweight guest stars, including John Goodman and The Wire's Michael Kenneth Williams. Plus: The show's most recent episode, "Remedial Chaos Theory" is easily one of the show's greatest creative achievements to date.

The Bad News: No one is watching. The show is averaging an anemic 3.7 million viewers per episode, an abysmal number that can't be ignored, even by NBC.

Well, this year's Halloween episode wasn't as spectacular as last year's, and it followed the super spectacular Remedial Chaos Theory episode and that one is hard to beat. STILL it was a good episode and I enjoyed it, and I"d like Joel McHale to bite me.

It's hard not to compare it to the Chaos Theory episode since it had seven (or however many there was) short stories and it wasn't anywhere near the level of that since none of the stories were all that great or memorable (but I did appreciate how they were in character for person telling them and the pale breasts.) It was still good and yes pale breasts and Britta's face.

Pale breasts indeed.

It wasn't bad, but I thought the ending was spoiled by them saying which was the normal test result. Judging from that interview where Dan Harmon said he was an arseburger I think it's pretty obvious why it ended like that, but it would've been better to leave us guessing.

Finally watched it. It's really unfortunate that it aired right after Chaos Theorynose, because one can't help but compare it unfavorably. Also I hate when sitcoms do Halloween eps in general; I think Roseanne pretty much wrote (and closed) the book on them. Big Bang Theory's Halloween ep (airing opposite this) wasn't much better.

Okay ep for what it was.

I enjoyed it, except for the one story, and I'm sure you all know who so I'll just save you from my usual diatribe. :P

Joel looked hot as a vampire. I think it would have been better if someone like Pierce or Britta had had the "normal" answers on the questionnaire though.

I enjoyed it, except for the one story, and I'm sure you all know who so I'll just save you from my usual diatribe. :P

Joel looked hot as a vampire. I think it would have been better if someone like Pierce or Britta had had the "normal" answers on the questionnaire though.

I actually liked Shitrley's story this time. Dean Felton was hilarious as the Devil.