Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

I keep spelling it Pearce, but it might be Pierce. I DON'T KNOW AND I'M NOT LOOKING IT UP.

I must admit I thought the gay extras whooping in the background shirtlessly were a bit too stereotypical. It kind of felt like one of those newer Simpsons episodes that's meant to be edgy or something, but just comes off looking cheap and behind the times. Still, other than that I thought it was a fantastic episode. Pierce actually felt like a real person for once and the aircon scenes were all really good. I liked how Don Glover did a little Will Smith sideways glance and shuffle as he entered the Room Temperature Room, ala Men in Black. I wonder where they're going with all that stuff anyway. I guess there'll be some showdown in the finale?

Well the type of gay people who would go up to Pierce and ask him to sign their box of wipes would be more likely to be flamboyant, I would think? And what Dan Harmon said.

I wasn't offended. Everyone on that show is a cartoon version of a human, so why not the gays too? I mean, do the sexually active gays want to be portrayed with dignity over the fact that they use buttwipes more than babies? Do the gays complain every week about how Dean Pelton is portrayed? No? Then they should shut up.

I think it's hilarious that Harmon looks at the insane IMDb boards as indicator of how the fans feel.

LOVED SEEING SHANGELA*! AND SHE WAS IN MORE THAN ONE SCENE! TWO SNAPS! LOVED THIS EPISODE! LAUGHED OUT LOUD! THIN! STREAMLINE! MODEL! YOU OWN EVERYTHING! TEN! TEN! TEN!

(* As Urbana Champaign -- she's the drag queen from RuPaul's Drag Race I was going on about a page or two back)

He kinda did in the 70s, LOL.

Liked the inside jokes this week: "I'm Pierce Hawthorne, and you're not." (reference to his SNL Weekend Update greeting, "I'm Chevy Chase, and you're not."

There wasn't anything I didn't like about that episode.

Troy and Abed really would be annoying if they were real. Liked Annie being "loosey goosey" and the holodeck bedroom.

Liked the Britta/Shirley bit where the upperhand keeps changing but of course he's a mental patient who eats baby.

Liked how Jeff got more into the karoake singing as it went on and that whole storyline.

Pierce wrecking the house was probably similar to those comedy movies Chevy Chase made in the seventies and eighties, maybe (I didn't watch any of them.)

I have serious, real feelings regarding Gillian Jacobs' face.

Yeah that was an all out wacky (NOT YOU) episode and it was a really good one at that.

I think Britta was a bit over the top with Shirley at some points, but then again she probably spent the entire episode stoned out of her skull, so.

Jeff and Dean Pelton cracked me up. I think Dan Harmon is working some fan criticism of Shirley into the story. GOOD SHOW.