Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

Where Do the Smart People Turn?

NBC may not have a lot of viewers, but the viewers it does have are well educated. The Peacock boasts eight of the top ten shows with the greatest concentration of adults 18-49 with four or more years of college. The top three: Parks and Recreation, The Office, and Community. The scripted show with the smallest concentration of viewers with four years of college? Secret Circle, but that's likely because most of its audience is still in high school.
WELL AT LEAST WE'RE NOT DUM-DUMS.

I read on TWITTER that itunes counts towards ratings, so if I used itunes then I could at least be counted. I think DVRs might also count, but I'm not sure if that only counts if you're also in the NONEXISTENT Nielsen family, or if all DVRs count.

Love the Troy poster THE BEST. Also, Joel McHale is one of People magazines sexiest men alive.

Oh and I agree, if anyone was trying to get newcomers to watch, that episode would really have thrown them in at the deep end!

If anything, it was the in-jokiest episode of all. Jeff's mannerisms wouldn't make much sense or be as appreciated unless you knew how Dean Pelton acted normally, while by the same token, the Dean's character change wouldn't have any impact if you weren't used to him flapping about. It also had nearly all the recurring characters. Only missed Starburns (as far as I could tell) and that girl that everyone forgets.

It's a pity because it was a really good episode. I might even watch it again, because there was a lot stuffed in there. So many clever lines and well observed moments that it's not even worth trying to pick a favourite. I liked it all!

'Community' Star Jim Rash Says Cast 'Optimistic' It Will Return

Published: November 22, 2011 @ 12:46 pm
By Tim Molloy

"Community" star Jim Rash says the NBC comedy's cast is "optimistic" that it will return despite the network pulling it from its midseason schedule.

NBC has said it expects to bring back the Thursday night show, which uses the exploits of a community college study group to jump off into bizarre and ambitious methods of storytelling. "30 Rock" will take over its 8 p.m. time slot in January.

"It's frustrating, but we're remaining optimistic and taking them at their word that we'll be back, and we're still shooting and continue to finish out our 22 [episodes for the season] and look forward to actually coming back," he told TheWrap.

Rash, whose character was recurring in the show's first two seasons, was elevated to a regular member of the cast with the current, third season.

Rash said the show's Christmas episode will be the last before "Community' goes on a midseason break -- and will be on par with past holiday episodes. The show won an Emmy for one in which the cast was rendered in clay, in the style of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer."

He said the episode, airing in December, will "remind people what's so great about this show."

"We're all making a valiant push here to keep our show around," he said. "The spirits seem pretty good. It was obviously deflating at first because we're so proud of what we're doing," he said.

He also repeated frequent complaints from fans and show creator Dan Harmon that the show's overnight Nielsen numbers don't reflect its fan base, because it is especially popular online and on-demand.

"We're also victims of, in my opinion, sort of an antiquated way of figuring out what people are watching," he said. "It doesn't really make sense anymore in that way that our world has evolved."

Asked if the show may have hurt itself this season by getting too clever -- in one episode, for example, slightly different actions by the characters split their world into several different realities -- he said the show has balanced such wild storylines with basic character development.

"It's at its core doing what all shows do, which is introducing you to characters, showing you what they're going through, building on them, evolving them in such a way that you grow fond of them," he said.

Rash is also the co-writer of the new Alexander Payne film "The Descendants." Look for TheWrap's interview with him about the film soon.
IT WILL BE BACK.

Anyone who asks if a show is "too clever" is usually pretty dull and/or thick, and instead of trying to improve their intellect, has decided to try and drag everyone else down to their level.

SO THERE YOU THICK DULL BITCHES AT THE WRAP!

Community Has Been Setting Up This Beetlejuice Gag For Three Years

By Seth Abramovitch
Nov 23, 2011 1:37 AM

Just how obsessively geeky is NBC's recently shelved sitcom, Community? So much so that they have been sneakily incorporating the name "Beetlejuice" into the script, once per season, for three seasons. And you know what happens when you say "Beetlejuice" three times, don't you? Believe it.

Credit to the eagle-eyed nerd commandos of Reddit for uncovering the Community Easter egg to end all Community Easter eggs. (And sadly, we might mean that literally.) [Reddit]

[YOUTUBE]19FMU3M7Jtk[/YOUTUBE]