Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community (season 3 on)

"Filming Season 4 is serious business."

6868.imgcache.jpg

"Community returns October 19, 8:30 ET."

Aaaaaaaand the network bullshit parade begins!
NBC Delays Launches Of Returning Comedies ‘Community’ & ‘Whitney’

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday October 8, 2012 @ 6:33pm PDT

NBC has put its Friday comedy block on hold. The network announced in May that it would premiere Community and Whitney on October 19 and air them in the Friday 8 PM hour. Now both shows’ return has been postponed, with Grimm reruns slated in the Friday 8 PM slot for the time being. The idea of launching a comedy block with younger-skewing comedies on the low-trafficked Friday night raised eyebrows in May. It was a decision made before the arrival of Jeff Bader as NBC’s new head of scheduling in August. In its statement today, NBC hints that Community and Whitney may be relocated to a higher-profile night Monday-Wednesday as replacements. So far, NBC has given new comedies Go On and The New Normal, which air on Tuesday, full-season orders. Guys With Kids and Animal Practice have struggled on Wednesday, though both posted week-to-week increases last Wednesday. Here is NBC’s statement:

Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks – including winning the first week of the season in A18-49 – we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold COMMUNITY and WHITNEY from their previously announced premieres of October 19th. Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week — plus we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights. When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of WHITNEY and COMMUNITY.
So instead of a week from Friday, the new season will premiere "whenever"... :rwmad:

So we have to wait even longer to be disappointed now.

Seriously, just cancel it and delete the unaired episodes.

You have to wonder if everyone on set is standing around, noticing the huge hole left by Dan Harmon not being there, and thinking, "What's the point? This doesn't work now..."

Isn't this kind of good news? I've always heard shows on Friday evenings do badly so wouldn't an earlier day in the week be better?

It's a double-edged sword. There are fewer viewers on Friday, but a comedy block might have carved out a little niche crowd, and maybe drawn more younger, hipper types on that night.

If they stick the show on one of the prime nights (Mon-Thurs), it will most likely get killed by its competition (whatever it is), sealing its fate once and for all.

But honestly, this is most likely the last season anyway; they will have enough episodes to sell the show in syndication and they can be done with it.

I suppose it would be good news if it gets a better slot, but what if it doesn't come back until like March next year when we're all OLD or doesn't come back at all. Plus this means there's less chance of the season getting a full 22 episodes, right?

Right. But if the ratings are good, anything can happen. NBC will be just as desperate for a hit as they were a year ago.

Also, reminder: World Ending in December! If they're thinking to bring it back in January, WELL THEN, HMMM?

I suppose it would be good news if it gets a better slot, but what if it doesn't come back until like March next year when we're all OLD or doesn't come back at all. Plus this means there's less chance of the season getting a full 22 episodes, right?

I'd really rather all shows move to a 13 episode a year format!

They just announced (TWO DAYS AGO) that Brie Larson has been cast. COMMUNITY ROLLER COASTER :rwmad:

Chevy Chase Drops N-Word In Tirade On The Set Of ‘Community’

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Saturday October 20, 2012 @ 11:48am PDT

There was a commotion on the set of NBC comedy Community yesterday. I hear hot-tempered co-star Chevy Chase had another outburst, this time featuring the N-word. It appears that the tirade was not addressed at Black cast members Donald Glover or Yvette Nicole Brown.

People close to the situation say that Chase had been increasingly frustrated and uncomfortable with the direction of his character, Pierce, who is a bigot. After getting fed more lines he found offensive during a scene yesterday, I hear he snapped and launched the tirade, airing his frustration and suggesting that the way things with Pierce are going, he may next be asked to call Troy (Glover) or Shirley (Brown) the N-Word. I hear the outburst upset the cast. Chase later apologized.

The racial content of his tirade does appear out of character for Chase, who once marched in the civil rights movement, but the blowup itself is not. Chase is known for having a short fuse and storming off the set of Community in the middle of a scene if he is not happy with the script. His feud with show’s creator/former showrunner Dan Harmon last year escalated into a profanity-laced message Chase left on Harmon’s voice mail.

Never the one to mince words, Chase has been vocal about his displeasure with his gig on Community and hinted multiple times last spring that he may leave, which didn’t happen. In a recent interview with The Huffington Post UK, he said of signing to do the show, “It was a big mistake! I just sort of hung around because I have three daughters and a wife, and I figured out I might as well make some bread, every week, so I can take care of them in the way they want.” There is more. “The hours are hideous, and it’s still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television.”

The only nice thing Chase said about the Community was regarding the cast, which supports the idea that his racial tirade was likely not directed at them. “I think the reason I have stuck around is because I love these kids, the cast — they are very good.”
I was going to post a clip of the classic SNL "word association" skit with Chevy and Richard Pryor, but SNL is quite Nazi when it comes to any slips of the show appearing on YouTube.

Yeah, we talked about that in chat. Then we had a discussion of racism and who the fuck just gets pissed off and says NIGGER instead of fuckshitcock or something. MOOGOO, THAT'S WHO.

Yeah, it's an odd ejaculation. I've never heard anyone say it when not directing or describing other people.

I wouldn't be surprised if he disappears suddenly mid season, and an episode starts with them all sat around the table "Jeez, who knew Pierce was a pedophile this whole time? Wow. So anyway, how was everyone's weekend?"