COUNTDOWN to True Blood Season 4 Thread

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
yeah, I agree. There's not a whole lot to talk about this week anyway. Just getting us all caught up on the characters and what they've been up to all year.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Lafayette's hair... usually I like his weird fashion choices, but oh dear.

Meanwhile, Bill's hair is finally fixed so he doesn't look like a dork... but how many jobs does he have? Is he a politician in human affairs as well as Vamp King?

Tara is a lesbian now. Right. I hope the writers realise it doesn't really work that way. Also, she's still having bra sex. :doh:

Jason seems to have grown a few braincells. Weird how his beard is sort of black. Maybe he's Mirror Jason and will kill thingy Belfluer to get his job.

I hope the faeries aren't the big bad this season. They're pretty cheesy.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think the witch lady with the dead bird is going to be the villain this season.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The fairy stuff was pretty bad. It felt like something out of Charmed. I mean, I've never actually watched Charmed, but I assume that's what it's like.

The one year time jump...not really sure it's necssary. I guess for some things like having Arlene's fucking baby be born (but fuck that storyline) and Jason be a proper cop it works. But it seems to be ignored in some of the other stories, as if those characters have been doing nothing for a year, just waiting for Sookie to get back. Like Layfayette and Jesus haven't progressed at all, he still doesn't want to be a witch and Jesus has finally dragged him to a meeting...it took him over a year to do so! And Hoyt and Jessica are acting like they've only just moved in together rather than having lived together for a year. Really if Sookie only had been gone for two weeks like she thought for a second then it wouldn't have been that different.

Tara is a cage-fighting, bra-wearing lesbian now. Still don't care about her. Bet they'd never have a gay character turn straight.

Is Sam's idiot brother supposed to be sleeping with Hoyt's mum or just living with her or what?

The Bill story looks like it could be interesting. I liked the bit where Pam was recording the advert with no enthusiam (but again it's been over a year since Russell killed that guy on tv, wouldn't they have already done all this vampire/human relations stuff by now?) Jessica is hot!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
is it me or all te boys MORE buff?? YUM.
And thank you for letting KING Bill look gooood again.
and Lafayette's hair does suck.
what Fuddle said about tara and the fairies. sheesh.
um, Sam's brother found religion with Hoyt's Mom? Writers on crack for that one.
we'll see what they do with the witch story line.

STILL, Eric is about to have his wicked way with Sookie! HUZZAH!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'm not surprised Tara turned lesbian. Look at the problems she's had with men in her past. One turned out to be a serial killer, the other a psycho vampire who wanted to make her his vampire bride. Girl's batting 0-2. 0-3 if you count her unrequited love for Jason.

Speaking of Jason, is it possible that he's even more hot? Must be the facial hair. And I agree, he looks buffer.

Portia Belafleur is too pretty. In the books she's a frump.

I don't want Jessica and Hoyt to have problems. :(

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
yeah, they make Portia pretty and the fairies hideous. WTF?
I was always disappointed Claudia wasn't 6 feet tall and a stunner, btw.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Sam's brother is a con artist, he's using Hoyt's mom for a free ride, IMO. He's only pretending to have religion.

In defense of the Jessica and Hoyt storyline, I think they mean for us to think Jessica and Hoyt have been together this whole time and still love each other a lot but Jessica is beginning to get a little bored and Hoyt is getting frustrated. It's something that would happen between normal people after awhile, and with Jessica having had a very sheltered life, it's only natural she'd be getting a little tired of things. Plus she hates that synthetic blood, and she's never really had a chance to be a wild and free vampire.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I thought the Jessica/Hoyt scenes were the best bit. Especially the way their argument turned into laughter (and makeup sex, probably!).

CaptainWacky

Does she still regenerate after sex every time or did they find a way around that?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I thought the Jessica/Hoyt scenes were the best bit. Especially the way their argument turned into laughter (and makeup sex, probably!).
But that's what a new couple would do -- break out into laughter. A couple who have been in each other's faces for a year would just be annoyed for real.

Or so my friends in relationships tell me.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
That's what they tell me as well.

CaptainWacky

I liked the Jessica Hoyt stuff, was just pointing out that the one year jump didn't really make much of a difference for most of the stories!

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
But that's what a new couple would do -- break out into laughter. A couple who have been in each other's faces for a year would just be annoyed for real.

Or so my friends in relationships tell me.

I thought the scene was pretty realistic, to be honest. After 10 years, I still have fights like that where one of us gets enraged enough to do something so ridiculous that the other one has to laugh and the tension gets broken. But hey, maybe that's just us (and Hoyt and Jessica)?

Watched it, finally.

I simply hate the fairy storyline. Even if I didn't know the book version, I would have been disappointed. I think tptb gave away a great chance to build up and explore the good fae / bad fae angle over the course of the season. And a mere part-fairy to stand a chance against Queen Mab? Oh come ON!

I like King Bill. He looks better, not so stuffy, and I like the changes in his attitude. I bet he's up to no good with the witch spy...

Same with Jason. I've always been annoyed with his stupidity, so seeing him acting like an adult is a treat.

Jessica - omg, she's hot!

Pam, of course, too. I sure hope she gets her own story line eventually, she's too great to just be a sidekick.

Favorite lines:
Arlene: "beheading barbie dolls? What kind of baby does that?"
Terry: "boys do"

And, of course, Eric. OMG.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
What does happen in the books with the faeries? The same thing, but on a longer timescale? I was kind of glad to get all the faery stuff over in the first few minutes of the episode, though they'll have to explain why Sookie was able to see the nexus was evil when no one else could. I mean, the bellhop has been surrounded by vamps, so it's not like she's the only one with experience of the dark things. Others should've know there was something up before chowing down on the lumieres.

I liked the Jessica Hoyt stuff, was just pointing out that the one year jump didn't really make much of a difference for most of the stories!

I agree, only with the exception of Hoysica (or whatever). Lafayette and Jesus certainly hadn't progressed at all. The way Lafayette thought his now long-term boyfriend had tricked him was dumb, it was as if they'd only been going out a couple of weeks.

Oh wells.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
The book:
Apart from some fairy parties actually warring against each other and the idea of shutting Fairy off from the real world, it's very, very different. For example, Fairies are incredibly beautiful in appearance (in character, not so much), not hideous at all. Claudine is a good person, she is something like Sookie's guardian angel. Charlaine Harris does not include the common myth elements like Queen Mab, she creates other chars. IIRC: Sookie finds out that she has a Fae Great-grandfather, and that her Gran has been sleeping with a fae, whose brother alledgedly wants to kill her and shut off Fairy from the real world forever. Great-granddad wants to prevent that, sends Claudine to protect her. Sookie gets abducted and tortured by two evil fairies, the usual suspects save her, but not before she really suffers. Claudine is killed, Great-granddad shuts off Fairy after all, the Great-uncle (or uncle, not sure about the relation) thought to be the great enemy is staying (along with Claudine's twin brother), and turns out to be good. Mind you, this storyline spans over three books, so you can see why I'm disappointed with the TV version.

As for Sookie seeing the real faces - she was the only one not having eaten that fruit, I guess that's why?

As for Jesus and Lafayette - I am pretty certain that Jesus really is tricking him, although I'm not sure why. And he's been putting pressure on Laf to explore the magic from Day one, so I can see how Laf would be wary.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Wow, they've really veered off in a different direction. I can see why they might not want the storyline lasting so long (if 3 books = 3 seasons), but they could've stuck with the original version a little longer. We're obviously going to see the fairies again anyway, so why not go with what's written?