Cowboy Bebop live action series on Netflix

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Did you also feel that I Love Lucy was just meh because Lucy should have died when she fell into the starch machine at the neighborhood laundry while searching for a winning lottery ticket?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Being weird is probably the largest part of the reason why it's a cult classic.

whisky

Boobie inspector
But noone remembers galaxy rangers which had a similar premis.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I watched some Galaxy Rangers eps on YT. While it shares some themes, it is very much a product of its time. It has an 80s feel and and 80s music, and definitely an 80s level of animation quality.

The thing that made Cowboy Bebop so groundbreaking was its creative mixture of genres and styles that created a timeless feel to it. That intro montage can't be placed in any one decade. Not every episode is a wall-to-wall classic but it's certainly an achievement.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Just seen two guys shagging in an episode, you don't get that in scooby doo

I see some people are upset Faye Valentine isn't dressed like a hooker in the live action version.

CaptainWacky

The man with tits episode was a bit much.

whisky

Boobie inspector
19 episodes in, I wonder if we'll ever find out who sent Faye the beta tape of her younger self.

Not many more episodes to go, guess I need to try and find the film.

CaptainWacky

The 'Mushroom Samba' episode was fucking great. When the guy makes his speech about carrying a coffin around with him to bury the other guy in, then it gets run over by a car right away. I laughed. Probably an episode they'll never do in live action with the blaxploitation theme though! I think I prefer the one off wacky episodes to the more serious Spike backstory episodes, which are a tad melodramatic ("JULIA!")? DON'T GET MAD, EGGS, LOL THEY'RE GOOD TOO.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The coffin scene genuinely made me laugh out loud too, the timing was impeccable.

Not sure if the same episode, but the ten minute danger filled journey to get a VCR from earth only to find they had VHS not beta was excellent.

CaptainWacky

whisky

Boobie inspector
The Columbia space shuttle having its tiles fall off during re-entry is an unfortunate story line.

CaptainWacky

The Feng shui episode was terrible and one joke seemed to imply that Jet is a paedo?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Seen it to the end now, bit of a downer ending, need to try and find the film.

Overall I liked the series, it had a few duff episodes, but what show doesnt.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The 'Mushroom Samba' episode was fucking great. When the guy makes his speech about carrying a coffin around with him to bury the other guy in, then it gets run over by a car right away. I laughed. Probably an episode they'll never do in live action with the blaxploitation theme though! I think I prefer the one off wacky episodes to the more serious Spike backstory episodes, which are a tad melodramatic ("JULIA!")? DON'T GET MAD, EGGS, LOL THEY'RE GOOD TOO.
It's the best episode of the series.

CaptainWacky

The live action show is getting mediocre reviews so I guess I can be snooty about it like everyone else now I've seen the original.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked the homages to true lies and point break in the last few episodes.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Made a start on the movie, opening titles were weird because everyone just looked like contemporary New Yorkers, instead of the timeless past future vibe of the series. Half an hour in and not much happening yet, miss the fast pace of the show.

CaptainWacky

Seen it to the end now, bit of a downer ending, need to try and find the film.

I hope Edward and Ein didn't starve to death wandering the wastelands in search of Ed's forgetful father person.

I liked the whole series too: the animation was really beautiful at times, the music was great and it was all very stylish. As I said before I probably would have appreciated it even more if I'd seen it twenty years ago, when my mind was still impressionable and I wasn't the lost cause I am now. But good show!

whisky

Boobie inspector
The film was weird, but not good weird. Would have made a decent two parter, but two hours was too much.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I had loads wrote out and it all just vanished, so good, but story too similar to the cartoon. I thought this was going to be more of a season 2 than just a scene for scene remake.