Do you have an inner monologue?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I like to think of it as a "stream of consciousness", rather than a monologue.

jack

Maybe so.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's always amzed me that some people don't. What do they hear in their head? I could just read the article I suppose.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
About 75% of it is "I fucking hate humans so goddamned much." And not so much an "inner" monologue, in that I'm usually passive-aggressively muttering it under my breath just loud enough that there's a chance the reason for it will hear it.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
About 75% of it is "I fucking hate humans so goddamned much." And not so much an "inner" monologue, in that I'm usually passive-aggressively muttering it under my breath just loud enough that there's a chance the reason for it will hear it.
For me my outer monologue is 25% I hate humans, 25% I hate my life, 25% genuine happiness, 25% various song lyrics....mostly Disney and showtunes.

Mirah

I love you
It's always amzed me that some people don't. What do they hear in their head? I could just read the article I suppose.
Same.
A friend recently posted about it on FB. I never realized someone could be free of that inner voice, or music or sound. I am constanty having conversations in my head, or coming up with comedy or thoughts to the universe.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Same.
A friend recently posted about it on FB. I never realized someone could be free of that inner voice, or music or sound. I am constanty having conversations in my head, or coming up with comedy or thoughts to the universe.
I used to have conversations in my head back when I was a daydreamer. It was kind of scary though on the rare occasion the conversations manifested themselves in the real world.

SAUSAGEMAN

I don't thanks for asking.

I also have no mind's eye to speak of. It's very rare that I'm able to "see" something in my mind. Ask me to imagine an apple? Can't. The idea that people have imagined what a novel character "looks" like from reading a book is completely alien to me. The characters have names but not faces.

Do have a pretty developed mind's ear. I can hear a song in my head.

The Question

Eternal

I also have no mind's eye to speak of. It's very rare that I'm able to "see" something in my mind. Ask me to imagine an apple? Can't. The idea that people have imagined what a novel character "looks" like from reading a book is completely alien to me. The characters have names but not faces.

That's where we differ; I have a "mind's eye" and a "mind's ear" -- I just don't maintain a running interior commentary. Guess I occupy the "middle ground" between you and the normies. lol

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

What if you tried to draw an apple from memory?

jack

I have photographic memory and can remember anything I've experienced an real time with clarity and acuity. Sometimes in lucid dreaming too.

I can also "see" sound and "hear" color in my head, especially when music is playing.