jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Looks like an apple to me :D

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
My mind's eye has a splinter in it.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sausageman likes green apples, just like me!

I have an inner voice, and it rarely shuts up. When you live alone it often likes to take you over. Not in a "go kill people" kind of way, but it becomes a sort of narrator/presenter of your every thought, if you get lost in it far enough. It's interesting when it presents unpleasant or embarrassing memories, and I tell it to shut up, sometimes out loud.

Maybe this 'being around other people' thing is something I should once again look into...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Thanks, SAUSAGEMAN, I do find this all very interesting.

I was trying to figure out the difference between memory and imagination after posting in this thread. If I remember what Natalie Portman looked like in Star Wars Episode 2, am I actually just IMAGINING what she looked like in the movie? Because if I compare my "memory" with a photo of her in that movie (I have many!) it's not one to one the same. I just tried to "remember" how she looked in the movie except imagine that she only has one eye, and I could do it but for some weird reason it made me want to close my own corresponding eye? Brains are weird.

SAUSAGEMAN

Thanks, SAUSAGEMAN, I do find this all very interesting.

I was trying to figure out the difference between memory and imagination after posting in this thread. If I remember what Natalie Portman looked like in Star Wars Episode 2, am I actually just IMAGINING what she looked like in the movie? Because if I compare my "memory" with a photo of her in that movie (I have many!) it's not one to one the same. I just tried to "remember" how she looked in the movie except imagine that she only has one eye, and I could do it but for some weird reason it made me want to close my own corresponding eye? Brains are weird.
this uh, article? from someone with aphantasia is something that 1. i recognise a lot of myself in and 2. does go into those questions about memory, you might find it interesting!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
One of my favorites is, when I'm trying to do something handy, I do me with the Bob Vila "This Old House" narrative, but start it with "No, if I know what I'm doing, this will..." And end with the Morgan Freeman "Nature" narrative voice going "He did NOT know what he was doing."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
One of my favorites is, when I'm trying to do something handy, I do me with the Bob Vila "This Old House" narrative, but start it with "No, if I know what I'm doing, this will..." And end with the Morgan Freeman "Nature" narrative voice going "He did NOT know what he was doing."
[This is usually something like wiring up a complex electrical outlet (duplex outlet with a ground fault interrupter and a switch for the bathroom light and another switch for the lights, all in one spot), repairing a leaking toilet instead of just replacing the whole thing, or trying to align a garage door so the cables don't jump off the pulleys.]

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

The Question

Eternal
Does going awooga when someone hot walks by count?
Only if you don't do it out loud.

I do it out loud.

Because I have no interior monologue, you see.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't have an inner monologue, I have an inner tv series and I am the star of it.

When I "write" a Dr Dave story in my head, I imagine the words as they would appear on screen in a TK thread. I can scroll up and down and "edit" parts of the story in my mind (though I don't really have all the exact wording until I write it down.) I don't know if this is normal. The visualising thing, that is; writing stories where your internet friend is Sherlock Holmes is definitely not normal.