Dollhouse discussion thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Joss "God" Whedon's new show Dollhouse (starring Eliza DUCKshoe) starts this Friday and, even with THE BASTARDS AT FOX INTERFERING, I'm sure it'll AT LEAST be worth having a discussion thread about it!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I forgot to watch them film a scene in front of my building 2 weeks ago. There goes my shot at a threeway with Eliza and Laker Girl!

CaptainWacky

No. I'll probably download it.

YingSawSay

I'm high
I'm looking forward to anything by Whedon. But yes, Fox will probably fuck it up like they did Firefly. *sigh*

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
YEAH FOX WILL CANCEL IT BECAUSE THEY SUCK IT'S NOT LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO CANCELLED FIREFLY DOESN'T WORK THERE ANY MORE AND THE FACT THAT ALL THE CHANGES WERE DECIDED BY JOSS WHEDON AND NOT FOX FUUUCCKKK FOOOXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be good.

CaptainWacky

Whedon's just covering for Fox. The man's a saint!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The TV critic for my newspaper says that the show doesn't really pick up until the 3rd episode. Don't give up on it if the first episode isn't great!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I can't believe Whedon would come back to FOX after what they did to Firefly. That company has a lot of balls.

whisky

Boobie inspector
He hasn't really had that much success lately, I doubt there are that many studios beating down his door.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I can't believe Whedon would come back to FOX after what they did to Firefly. That company has a lot of balls.

Because:

A) The people who cancelled Firefly no longer run Fox.
B) Fox are bending over backwards to give Whedon what he wants.

And Whedon has been plenty successful recently: Dr. Horrible, his X-Men stuff, his Runaways stuff, the Buffy and Angel comics.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
^True...but I'd sure as hell be holding a grudge. But then, I'm a woman.

CaptainWacky

Comics don't count as success!

YingSawSay

I'm high
I thought the first episode was a bit dry but first episodes for Joss usually are. His characters are complex and need immediate development. Ratings will eventually dictate more fight less talk.

Seeing Summer and Eliza together makes my cockles tingle.

CaptainWacky

Any nudity?

YingSawSay

I'm high
There are lots of skin shots in the opening sequence and at one point she was wearing a dress that barely covered her cooter. I doubt there will ever be nudity save for teases and glimpses.

I really liked the where they seemed to be taking the main character, whose name escapes me at the moment. I'm not sure if it will be possible to believe the company that is doing this to her has noble intentions or not, regardless of how it's played.

CaptainWacky

My Terminator and Dollhouse downloads are racing each other at the moment, I'll watch whichever completes first first.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought it was awful. Terrible acting, terrible dialog, terrible plot for the first episode. I expect a show created by Whedon to be smart, and witty.. I rolled my eyes at least three times. The premise for the show is interesting, but it was just.. blah, can't even describe it.

It's on between SCC and BSG so I'll be watching it a few more times to give it a chance, but if it doesn't get better I won't stick with it.