DOLLHOUSE SEASON TWO discussion thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Is this up against Smallville now?

CaptainWacky

I wouldn't know (and it wont' be in my country anyway.)

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
BDM will watch it but ever since I found out how very wonderful and intelligent Eliza Dushku (or however you spell it ) thinks she is I won't watch anything with her in it. I won't even watch Bring It On and I liked that movie!

CaptainWacky

Boo fucking hoo.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I'll watch it because it has witty dialogue, interesting plots, and Dichen Lachman's boobs (such as they are).
Gotta watch Epitaph One at some point this weekend.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Yes, that's just what you need, more boobs to look at.

I hate you sometimes.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Nah, she has no boobs, I was just teasing you because you called me a baby! Your boobs are the most spectacular, no kidding.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Can't wait to see Colonel Tigh and Apollo, lol.

CaptainWacky

Summer looks really cute in the pic in that article.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Do you think Joss will try to do like a nudge-nudge/wink-wink moment between Tigh and Apollo? Like, I know who you are, you skinjob!!!!!

CaptainWacky

Too long, didn't read, but I agree with some of the bits in bold (Dushku isn't a good enough actress for the lead, Amy Acker far better in particular) but I don't really care about the premise not making sense anymore...it's already been on for a season so I'm used to it.

CaptainWacky

Korbi looks a bit like Hira.

CaptainWacky

Watched the new episode...it was okay. I know I say it ALL THE TIME but it's really true that Amy Acker is a much better actress than Dushku and her scenes were by far the best part of the episode. The Echo plot was alright but not very exciting or compelling. Jamie Bamber's character didn't have much depth (why did he marry her so quickly? Did he really love her?) and the way he was defeated by Helo slapping around Echo until she went into ass-kicking mode was a bit silly.

But the Amy Acker stuff was great, particularly the scene with Boyd and the scene with Topher where she pretended to seduce him (AND YES, TOMTREK, I WANT CAPS.) The issues of identity and if the dolls are "real" people is what the show should be all about, really.

I noticed there were quite a few funny Whedon-style lines in the first few scenes, so that was welcome. And I liked the introduction ot Alexis Denisof's character (was weird hearing him with an american accent.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I read somewhere that Amy Acker will be leaving the show for a different show sometime :( I agree that her scenes were the most interesting, but I think Dushku's acting seems to have improved a tiny bit. It was like one second she was doing a good job, and then the next second you wonder how she got her own TV show.

I didn't feel like killing Topher for a change, his scenes were great for a change, I'm sure that has everything to do with Amy Acker being in them though.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I liked the part where the white rats got out of the cupboard and scared that guy. But then there was something else on so I missed Alexis make his debut. :(
This may prove to be a conflict with Mental if it stays on Friday night, but for now I am determined to give it a chance.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I thought it was quite good, with the Echo parts by far being the worst parts of the show.

I was sort-of hopful when we saw her play the bride, as it didn't like the usual sassy-smart-talking-Eliza-Dushku role, until we found out she was undercover and she was actually a sassy smart talking person. Urgh.

But yeah. Amy Acker. Hot. As all hell. And also good acting (LIKE THAT MATTERS). It's a shame she's only on like two other episodes this season.

Oh well, the arrival of Seasonal Adhesive (SOON, PLEASE) will make up for that I guess.

I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD.